“Good for the money we pay”
Review of Furama RiverFront

Furama RiverFront
Ranked #99 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Bangalore
“Good for the money we pay”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

From Singapore Standards the hotel has decent size rooms, good service for the money we pay. In all its a value for money proposition. The lobby is almost non-existent and not that great. The staff at the check-in counter tried up-selling in a manner that it seemed rude, but apart from that - my US 140$ stay per night net rate was worth it - and i was happy.
One thing you need to be careful about is the hotel has virtually no access to buses or MRT. ( China town being the nearest which is a good 10-15 mins walk and not easy to find your way from the hotel.) I guess the increased taxi spend is worthwhile since rooms are affordable.
Must add - the service at one of their Indonesian Restaurant was brilliant. I went down to eat at almost 5 mins before the closing time, and the manager went out of his way to make my meal comfortable and a good one.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ayushmanc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed for 4 nights on a stopover. It was really close to chinatown and although it was close to river it was unsighted. Hotel clean and welcoming. Bar was a little lacking in atmosphere but when the resident singers were on it was a pleasant place to sit and relax. Top marks go to Jimmy Lin for his reflexology and back massage. My feet have never felt so good and he was such a gentleman. Thankyou Jimmy for all the little tips for my back and legs. My hubby had a great body massage by Jimmys assistant too.

Room Tip: We were on 13th floor and didn't experience any noise, even though there were weddings on every...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynne W
KOLOSSI
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The hotel is clean with good service.Food was superb with a varied buffet.The staff very friendly and helpful.The location was superb and one can chill out at clark+robertson quay with plenty of bars, restaurents .If you are a sports fan , you can watch your favorite sport on wide screen sitting outside sipping a glass of wine or ice cold beer at clark+robertson quay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

this is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I've stayed there twice now (once for a week's holiday for my mum's birthday, and the 2nd time as a stopover on the way to the UK). everytime I have stayed there the staff have been fantastic- nothing is ever too much trouble! the entry to the hotel is beautiful and it even has its own grand staircase that reminded me of the famous one from the Titanic.
the rooms are so peaceful and quiet- the beds are like heaven!
the pool is nice and relaxing- clean aswell. My mum, sister and I all visited the spa and had a amazing massage and scrub treatments, the green tea exfoliation scrub they used was perfect for our skin and we even bought some to use at home.

One of the best things about the hotel is the buffet breakfast- it is amazing. My sister and I are always comparing breakfast in other hotels to the standard of this one- and most days we couldn't wait to get out of bed and head down to breakfast!
the location of the hotel is ideal. there is a massive shopping centre just down the road and the tourist hop on hop off bus stops on the corner.
I love everything about this hotel- I wouldn't stay anywhere else in singapore....and I wish I could move in!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank melymoo002
Gold coast, australia
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I was very happy with the hotel I stayed at, it was close to clark and robertson quay, chinatown, a bus stop to go into orchard road, and the taxis are less than $10 to get anywhere.
The service was great, as they checked me in the room straight away. The room was a decent size and very modern. I also had a pretty good deal on this hotel, as I got 1 extra night for free, and a free room upgrade to delux room, and included breakfast.
The breakfast buffet was very good as well.
The only complaint about the hotel was you have to keep the shower tap on the exact spot otherwise you will get very hot or very cold.

Room Tip: I suggest you should book this thru flight centre as my travel agent did a better deal than the inte...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo