6 people are viewing this hotel
Mattias_xyz
Jerusalem, Israel

Excellent

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Oct 2012
Central placed. Friendly and helpful staff. Good gym.
Got a free upgrade to a club room (without even asking for it).
Very Close to the Bras Barah metro station.
Very Close to Coffee Bean and the tea leaf - I had breakfast there every day, even ordered take away from them.
Date of stay: August 2012
Room Tip: The club rooms are rather high up in the building (10th & 11th floor).
Trip type: Travelled on business
    AU$1,121
1.9 km from Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
View more hotels in Singapore
4,995 results
All reviews club room orchard road bras basah mrt stations plaza singapura national museum dhoby ghaut central location excellent location little india walking distance bus stop late check public transport food court marina bay shopping
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Really good location, you can walk to the main places. 20 mins to CQ, 25 to Chinatown, even to marina bay you can walk. 7 eleven opposite the hotel, nice restaurants around.

Room quiet small but comfy. Mattress slightly to hard... Challenge with the water temperature in the shower, but manageable :)

Front office staff helpful and polite but not outstanding. Request a room facing the pool area they are more quiet, as a major construction work is going on next to the hotel (MRT).

Haven't tried the food and beverage outlets, but honestly, why should I eat in the hotel when I'm surrounded by so many very good local restaurants ??

Would highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed at the Rendezvous Grand for 5 nights during my stay in Singapore. The hotel was excellent, in particular its location - I was within easy walking distance of the Marina Bay Sands (and surrounding shops/malls), Orchard St., Little India, Chinatown, Bugis Junction, and Sim Lim Square - among others. There was a very convenient shuttle service to Jurong Bird Park and the Zoo as well, which stopped just across the street from the hotel's front door.

The facilities were clean and very well maintained, and my room was a welcome comfort after long days of walking and shopping. The staff were always friendly, and quite helpful during the duration of the stay - they always aided in helping find a cab, providing advice for destinations, andhelping with other hotel services.

The hotel (and its amenities) was more expensive than some of the nearby hotels but in my opinion, well worth the price. I'd highly recommend the Rendezvous Grand to anyone traveling to Singapore to visit.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stay at this hotel for 9 nights during my business trip.
The location is nice - next to museums and restaurants - also close to Orchard.
The staff wasn't so friendly, wifi is not including in the room price!!!
The breakfast was nice, the pool very small, the rooms also small.
It is find and nice value - not more than that.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nati052
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We decided to stay at the Rendezvous again after 4 years was due to it's very central location. China town, Orchard Road, Bugis Street, Little India etc are all in close proximity This time we opted for the Club Room on the 11th floor (8th Level). Arrived bright and early at about 0700hrs from Mumbai and were afforded an early check-in which was nice. When asked whether we could have the breakfast to replace the one we would miss out on as we were checking out at 0500hrs was firmly refused by a very officious lady at reception!
The room itself had little or no view although we ovelooked the pool we coulod not see it from that high up. It was not much bigger, if that than any of the other rooms although we were told the other rooms had been renovated and the Club Rooms would be next.
Due to the construction underway for a new MRT station due to be opened in 2017 (Bencoolen Station) there was some noise which depending on your acute or impared hearing will cause some degree of annoyance or none at all as was the case with me.
The Staff at the Club Room were very good. Attentive and helpful and the evening cocktails were very civilised. The morning breakfast at the Club Room was very limited with the selection of food but much more private but the Straits cafe down on the ground floor provided much more variety.
Access to 2 computers in the Club room were very convenient given that the rates for an internet connection were quite pricey.
The Concierge was both efficient and provided good information on taxis etc.
Dining at the Hotel restaurants and Cafes were expensive but the Kopitam next door which catered mainly for the locals was a cheaper alternative.
Would we stay there again. Not sure....probably not.

Room tip: Not too many rooms have a view. It may be different post 2017 when the MRT is complete and there is less construction noise which goes from 0900hrs to 2130hrs.
2  Thank ColinS1951
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed at hotel for 4 days from 20th of Sept to the 24th of September.
Overall the hotel is ok. Nothing special. When i checked in the hotel took a hold / freeze of funds from my credit card (understandable). My stay was S$1,720 and they froze approx S$2,000 to cover any other expenses. Understandable again...

In my opinion any hotel that charges for wi fi / internet access is ripping there customers off.
To have wi fi connection for an entire hotel is not a massively expensive item for a hotel, but to expect customers to pay S$20 plus dollars a day for internet when they are paying over S$350 per night for the room is just totally cheating clients. I did know the internet charge before i arrive so it wasnt as if it is a surprise.

Also, my girlfriend is Thai and as such is very familiar with toilet bidet etc and I booked this hotel because I was informed it had a toilet bidet (and i see in reviewers photos the american standard bidet). Get to the room and NOTHING... No bidet at all....

Wouldnt eat at restuarant or breakfast at hotel.. Way over priced.

The fun started when i checked out.
When I checked out the total bill was about S$1,750 give or take a few dollars and the lady at reception asked for my credit card again. I said why, you already have it when i checked in.
She said she needed it again.
I reluctantly gave it to her.
She processed something again (but didnt know how much or what).
Anyway, my gf and I then went to Marina Bay Sands for last 2 nights (by the way you get FREE FREE WI FI at that hotel!!!!!)
I checked my bank account online and an additional S$250 was frozen from my account.
I emailed the hotel not very happy and at least i got a reply, but didnt really explain why. Was told the additional authority would be removed asap....

Well 6 days later its still on my account...

Location is good, close to MRT.
Mini Bar off S$11,90 FOR 2 Evian bottled water. PLEASE... Stop stealing from customers.
Even the porter Eric told us when he helped us with our bags checking in told us not to get anything from mini bar or hotel but to go to 7-11 or Wendys only 3 minutes walk from hotel.
So if he is telling you that, it shows the hotel is cheating its customers.

Nice enough but would never stay there again.
Also major building works going on with MRT right next door.
Of course we got upgraded to a room on that side right above all the work.
6am in morning it starts (even on weekend)...
AHHH!!!!