Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nati052

Nice Hotel

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Oct 2012
We stay at this hotel for 9 nights during my business trip.
The location is nice - next to museums and restaurants - also close to Orchard.
The staff wasn't so friendly, wifi is not including in the room price!!!
The breakfast was nice, the pool very small, the rooms also small.
It is find and nice value - not more than that.
Trip type: Travelled on business
    AU$211
0.1 km from Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
View more hotels in Singapore
5,075 results
All reviews club room orchard road bras basah mrt stations plaza singapura national museum dhoby ghaut central location excellent location little india walking distance bus stop late check public transport food court marina bay shopping
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We decided to stay at the Rendezvous again after 4 years was due to it's very central location. China town, Orchard Road, Bugis Street, Little India etc are all in close proximity This time we opted for the Club Room on the 11th floor (8th Level). Arrived bright and early at about 0700hrs from Mumbai and were afforded an early check-in which was nice. When asked whether we could have the breakfast to replace the one we would miss out on as we were checking out at 0500hrs was firmly refused by a very officious lady at reception!
The room itself had little or no view although we ovelooked the pool we coulod not see it from that high up. It was not much bigger, if that than any of the other rooms although we were told the other rooms had been renovated and the Club Rooms would be next.
Due to the construction underway for a new MRT station due to be opened in 2017 (Bencoolen Station) there was some noise which depending on your acute or impared hearing will cause some degree of annoyance or none at all as was the case with me.
The Staff at the Club Room were very good. Attentive and helpful and the evening cocktails were very civilised. The morning breakfast at the Club Room was very limited with the selection of food but much more private but the Straits cafe down on the ground floor provided much more variety.
Access to 2 computers in the Club room were very convenient given that the rates for an internet connection were quite pricey.
The Concierge was both efficient and provided good information on taxis etc.
Dining at the Hotel restaurants and Cafes were expensive but the Kopitam next door which catered mainly for the locals was a cheaper alternative.
Would we stay there again. Not sure....probably not.

Room tip: Not too many rooms have a view. It may be different post 2017 when the MRT is complete and there is less construction noise which goes from 0900hrs to 2130hrs.
2  Thank ColinS1951
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed at hotel for 4 days from 20th of Sept to the 24th of September.
Overall the hotel is ok. Nothing special. When i checked in the hotel took a hold / freeze of funds from my credit card (understandable). My stay was S$1,720 and they froze approx S$2,000 to cover any other expenses. Understandable again...

In my opinion any hotel that charges for wi fi / internet access is ripping there customers off.
To have wi fi connection for an entire hotel is not a massively expensive item for a hotel, but to expect customers to pay S$20 plus dollars a day for internet when they are paying over S$350 per night for the room is just totally cheating clients. I did know the internet charge before i arrive so it wasnt as if it is a surprise.

Also, my girlfriend is Thai and as such is very familiar with toilet bidet etc and I booked this hotel because I was informed it had a toilet bidet (and i see in reviewers photos the american standard bidet). Get to the room and NOTHING... No bidet at all....

Wouldnt eat at restuarant or breakfast at hotel.. Way over priced.

The fun started when i checked out.
When I checked out the total bill was about S$1,750 give or take a few dollars and the lady at reception asked for my credit card again. I said why, you already have it when i checked in.
She said she needed it again.
I reluctantly gave it to her.
She processed something again (but didnt know how much or what).
Anyway, my gf and I then went to Marina Bay Sands for last 2 nights (by the way you get FREE FREE WI FI at that hotel!!!!!)
I checked my bank account online and an additional S$250 was frozen from my account.
I emailed the hotel not very happy and at least i got a reply, but didnt really explain why. Was told the additional authority would be removed asap....

Well 6 days later its still on my account...

Location is good, close to MRT.
Mini Bar off S$11,90 FOR 2 Evian bottled water. PLEASE... Stop stealing from customers.
Even the porter Eric told us when he helped us with our bags checking in told us not to get anything from mini bar or hotel but to go to 7-11 or Wendys only 3 minutes walk from hotel.
So if he is telling you that, it shows the hotel is cheating its customers.

Nice enough but would never stay there again.
Also major building works going on with MRT right next door.
Of course we got upgraded to a room on that side right above all the work.
6am in morning it starts (even on weekend)...
AHHH!!!!

4  Thank glennt1973
Reviewed 27 September 2012

What a great hotel -- perfect location ( so close to two MRT stations ) , staff who are so , so helpful ( especially Eric , one of the concierge porters ) and such a wonderful feeling about the hotel ! My only criticsm would be that the breakfast menu in the Straits restaurant could be varied a bit more -- it's the same rather boring option every day -- and if the staff there could be more observant about customers' needs to have coffee cups topped up !

It would be churlish to say that the beds are too high ( they are ! ) but at least they are very comfortable and provide a very satisfying good night's sleep.

Room tip: Go for one of the Club rooms if you can -- all the usual added facilities that Club rooms provide , including a very nice evening relaxing drink and " nibbles "
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I love everything about this hotel. Great room with very cozy bed, clean and the breakfast is fantastic. I will be happy if they have bathtub for the room and the movie is not free but need to pay. Other than that i'm very happy and definitely will revisit here again.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Staff went out of their way to please, very easy check-in, the room was ultra clean and luxurious although for me personally the bed was too hard, although pillows and duvet were perfect! The bathroom was ultra modern, marble, recessed lighting, Japanese style bidet/toilet suite, very clean and with every toiletry one could possibly need. The room air conditioning was difficult to control and seemed to be set a bit cold for my liking. The pool and jacuzzi were beautiful, clean, comfortable sunbeds for a relaxing holiday. Location is very good, walking distance to Orchard Rd shopping and Dhoby Ghaut metro. There is some building noise from nearby extensions to MRT but this only started around 9 am. Nights very quiet. If you want budget meal alternatives try Kopitiam (out the front main road door and turn left, its on the next corner) We would stay again, great value for money.

1  Thank grumblebums