Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
glennt1973
Melbourne, Australia

Nice place but

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Sept 2012
I stayed at hotel for 4 days from 20th of Sept to the 24th of September.
Overall the hotel is ok. Nothing special. When i checked in the hotel took a hold / freeze of funds from my credit card (understandable). My stay was S$1,720 and they froze approx S$2,000 to cover any other expenses. Understandable again...

In my opinion any hotel that charges for wi fi / internet access is ripping there customers off.
To have wi fi connection for an entire hotel is not a massively expensive item for a hotel, but to expect customers to pay S$20 plus dollars a day for internet when they are paying over S$350 per night for the room is just totally cheating clients. I did know the internet charge before i arrive so it wasnt as if it is a surprise.

Also, my girlfriend is Thai and as such is very familiar with toilet bidet etc and I booked this hotel because I was informed it had a toilet bidet (and i see in reviewers photos the american standard bidet). Get to the room and NOTHING... No bidet at all....

Wouldnt eat at restuarant or breakfast at hotel.. Way over priced.

The fun started when i checked out.
When I checked out the total bill was about S$1,750 give or take a few dollars and the lady at reception asked for my credit card again. I said why, you already have it when i checked in.
She said she needed it again.
I reluctantly gave it to her.
She processed something again (but didnt know how much or what).
Anyway, my gf and I then went to Marina Bay Sands for last 2 nights (by the way you get FREE FREE WI FI at that hotel!!!!!)
I checked my bank account online and an additional S$250 was frozen from my account.
I emailed the hotel not very happy and at least i got a reply, but didnt really explain why. Was told the additional authority would be removed asap....

Well 6 days later its still on my account...

Location is good, close to MRT.
Mini Bar off S$11,90 FOR 2 Evian bottled water. PLEASE... Stop stealing from customers.
Even the porter Eric told us when he helped us with our bags checking in told us not to get anything from mini bar or hotel but to go to 7-11 or Wendys only 3 minutes walk from hotel.
So if he is telling you that, it shows the hotel is cheating its customers.

Nice enough but would never stay there again.
Also major building works going on with MRT right next door.
Of course we got upgraded to a room on that side right above all the work.
6am in morning it starts (even on weekend)...
AHHH!!!!
Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Algotels
1.1 km from Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
View more hotels in Singapore
5,076 results
All reviews club room orchard road bras basah mrt stations plaza singapura national museum dhoby ghaut central location excellent location little india walking distance bus stop late check public transport food court marina bay shopping
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2012

What a great hotel -- perfect location ( so close to two MRT stations ) , staff who are so , so helpful ( especially Eric , one of the concierge porters ) and such a wonderful feeling about the hotel ! My only criticsm would be that the breakfast menu in the Straits restaurant could be varied a bit more -- it's the same rather boring option every day -- and if the staff there could be more observant about customers' needs to have coffee cups topped up !

It would be churlish to say that the beds are too high ( they are ! ) but at least they are very comfortable and provide a very satisfying good night's sleep.

Room tip: Go for one of the Club rooms if you can -- all the usual added facilities that Club rooms provide , including a very nice evening relaxing drink and " nibbles "
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I love everything about this hotel. Great room with very cozy bed, clean and the breakfast is fantastic. I will be happy if they have bathtub for the room and the movie is not free but need to pay. Other than that i'm very happy and definitely will revisit here again.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Staff went out of their way to please, very easy check-in, the room was ultra clean and luxurious although for me personally the bed was too hard, although pillows and duvet were perfect! The bathroom was ultra modern, marble, recessed lighting, Japanese style bidet/toilet suite, very clean and with every toiletry one could possibly need. The room air conditioning was difficult to control and seemed to be set a bit cold for my liking. The pool and jacuzzi were beautiful, clean, comfortable sunbeds for a relaxing holiday. Location is very good, walking distance to Orchard Rd shopping and Dhoby Ghaut metro. There is some building noise from nearby extensions to MRT but this only started around 9 am. Nights very quiet. If you want budget meal alternatives try Kopitiam (out the front main road door and turn left, its on the next corner) We would stay again, great value for money.

1  Thank grumblebums
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here in 2010& 2011 .Very nice cosy rooms and very clean.Staff is very polite and friendly .Bathrooms are very pretty. Location is so great .Breakfast choice was so huge.Food is really good .Enjoyed my stay .

Date of stay: December 2011
1  Thank travellingmommie
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a lot over the last year sometimes for a day, sometimes for a week or more. The rooms are pretty good, all newly refurbished, however for those on the south side construction noise from the MRT works on Bencoolen street is intrusive at times. In contrary to another reviewer I have always found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful (although I never dealt with that individual). Food choices are pretty good, especially since several third party outlets have opened in the arcade at the front of the hotel. Location is also good: lots of buses stopping outside the door and two MRT stations within a few minutes walk.

Room tip: Avoid rooms facing Bencoolen street whilst the new MRT construction is happening.
Date of stay: May 2012