All reviewslittle indiadouble bedpeanut butterfree breakfastmrt stationshared bathroomwalking distancestayed here for nightsshower roomcerealdormbackpackersbedstoiletprivacybugisjalan
Reviewed 14 August 2012

It has been a very pleasant experience to stay in bunc hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful,they recommended us some places to have our dinner and what not. We were staying in the mixed dorm and it was good ,beds were very comfortable and aircond is not too cold. Although its a sharing dorm but I don feel too interrupted and still have a lil privacy. Quite a distance from mrt stations but its still acceptable. Price is very reasonable for this kind of services, beyond reasonable i guess, what more can you ask for?

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hui X
Reviewed 7 August 2012

It was my first time that I've been to Singapore and I'd never travelled abroad alone before. Staffs are very nice. They always smiled while they were talking to me, even though I couldn't catch what they'd said and they were willing to repeat and explain it again to me. The room and the bathroom are clean. The bed is also more comfortable than I thought, so it made me don't want to get out off the bed in the morning. :) I chose the lady room to stay and I feel free to stay in this room.

But, the thing I don't like a little bit is the hostel is located in Little India and a bit far from MRT (at least 400m for walking). I had been shopping too much and I had to carry all my shopping bags from Ochard Road to this place. :(

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Lalita P
Reviewed 3 August 2012

A great place to stay ,when you are on a Singapore trip.Nice location,especially for south Indians who may strive for Idli,dosa ,sambar.All sorts of restaurants are close to this.
This one is a clean,elegant professional set up,which runs miles ahead of many hostels we have stayed in Europe,Thailand,Hongkong,Malysia.
Rooms were well kept,secured with key card access.
We stayed in a mixed dormittory of six beds.We enjoyed our stay ,the complimentary breakfast they serve was good enough to keep us going.
Kudos to the staff,they were ever ready to help with a pleasing smile.Mr.Mervin ,desk staff,deserves a special mention.

Room Tip: go to the blogs,discuss with ur friends.start preperations atleast 4 months bfore ur travel date
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MohanPP
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I've been to a ton of hostels across Europe & Asia, and this one really knocks it out of the park. The great mattresses, fluffy blankets, 2 REAL pillows, and to top it off, everything is white. Key card access to rooms and the women's restroom is in a separate area from the men's so I found it great for me as a lady traveling solo. Incredibly friendly service, and fast internet in rooms too.

Only downside is that it's 10min from the MRT, but it's in the same vicinity as Wanderlust (w/fancy brunch), a few british pubs, and a smattering of other hostels that don't look as nice.

They have outlet converters for rent, but don't forget to bring your own lock for the lockers! You can usually find them at the airport..

Room Tip: Ladies only dorm is awesome
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Christina J
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The staff are great at Bunc Hostel. Every question I had was greeted with excellent answers and smiling faces.

The hostel itself is clean and cool - a must have when dealing with the Singaporean humidity. We stayed in a private room which had a comfortable bed, a functional bathroom and a large flat screen TV (never used)!

It was quiet and relaxing - a perfect place to stop over on the way to Europe or anywhere abroad. As stated by others, it's not a party hostel, but other guests were friendly enough.

Overall a great place to stay and made better by the staff - especially the manager!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple