“Great place in Singapore”
Review of Five Stones Hostel

Five Stones Hostel
Chongqing, China
“Great place in Singapore”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Excellent staff, clean, excellent location. They have everything you need!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
FiveStonesHostel, Owner at Five Stones Hostel, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Hi telerres,

thanks for your compliments! xoxo from FSH!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Malaysia
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed 2 nights here with my friends. The staff were friendly and helpful with directions and the rooms were really clean and comfortable. We were surprised at the high quality even though it was pretty cheap. Will stay here again if i visit Singapore

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Rachel448
FiveStonesHostel, Owner at Five Stones Hostel, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Hi Rachel448, thanks for your kind words and do come visit us again soon since you are so near to Singapore. :)
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This was my first solo backpacking. I wanted it to be just fine. I don't expect exceptional things since it is a hostel, nothing extravagant I know that.

First, they threw the plastic bag where I put my dirty clothes. They thought it was thrash since there were also torn gift wrappers inside. They found it in the thrash bin. The clothes are still inside the plastic. They washed it for me. They were very apologetic.

Second, I woke up at 1 in the morning because of bedbugs. I killed 4. I slept on the living room. There was a contact number to dial in case of emergency but what the heck. They changed the sheet and pillow case. They visited me in the morning with a first aid kit in case I need one. Again, they were apologetic.

Would I come back to this hostel? Of course not! Would I recommend it? Check other reviews.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank danmbuen
FiveStonesHostel, Owner at Five Stones Hostel, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
Hi Danmbuen

First of all, our sincerest apologies for your bad experience. The plastic bag fiasco was a terrible misunderstanding because our cleaning company had assumed it was thrash due to the torn wrappers covering the clothes. We clean thoroughly between 8am-5pm and we try to ensure the whole hostel is clean and tidy. Our overzealous cleaning has resulted in this error. We will be very careful with any stray plastic bags lying around in the future.

Secondly, regarding your bed, we have launched a thorough investigation into the issue upon your departure and found that the bedbugs were brought to our hostel via the contaminated luggage of another guest in your room who had stayed in a hostel which was infected. All our beds are brand new (less than 3 months old), good quality hypoallergenic, anti-dustmite mattresses and cleaned daily. It was most unfortunate that an external source brought the bed bugs in. We have since fumigated and sterilized all the beds in your room and the surronding rooms, as well as all surfaces in the common areas. The issue has not occured again in the 2 weeks since your check-out, and we will do our best to ensure it never happens again.

We are deeply apologetic with regards to your poor experience and we appreciate your frank advice. We will seek to improve with regards to our cleaning procedures and be more alert with regards to potential contamination by external luggages. Thank you.

Five Stones Hostel Management.
Sendai, Japan
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I really enjoyed staying there.
The receptionists were very friendly especially Win and Isabel were very helpful. They gave me lots of information in detail. That's why I managed to go to four beaches.
The location was very convenient so that I walked from FSH to many tourist spots in the Civic District, the Singapore river, Chinatown and Marina Bay. As they gave me an appropriate map to hang around. Also, it is close to a bus stop and three MRT stations (incl. City Hall).
The restaurants which FSH recommended were great, their suggestion is reliable.
The mattress was perfect, the shower booth with shampoo and shower foam was comfortable, free laundry with washing powder was very helpful and the individual reading light was very useful.
I am extremely grateful for FSH keeping the hostel clean, comfortable and hospitable.
Thanks a million !!!! I will be staying in FSH again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed at the hostel for four wonderful nights while in Singapore, the staff werew very friendly and ever so helpful they helped me a lot in getting around. The place itself is in a great location very near to the shops and the underground as well as the local entertainment and bars. The facilities are well maintained and very clean and the facilities inside the hostel are some of the best I have seen, The free wifi is also a big bonus because we all like to stay in touch with someone si I would highly recomend this to other travellers and backpackers.

Thank you for all you did to make me welcome and my stay so pleasant it was like being in my own home.

Regards
Dr John Smith.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
FiveStonesHostel, Owner at Five Stones Hostel, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Hi John, thanks for your kind words. We always love having more guests like you and we hope to host you the next time you visit Singapore!