Agoda.com
No fees just great deals
Vio.com
laura m
Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
Good stuff
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Oct 2012
I've stayed here 3 times now so you can guess how i liked it.
I traveled with my brother and we stayed in an 12 dorm.
the staff is so so friendly. the beds are clean an really good for hostels.
the showers are warm, but you want a cold shower when your in that heat and its clean.
I liked the breakfast, you got as much toast as you want with fruit and you could choose between good coffee or tea.
The location was really good, near a really good food court and little India.
the MRT was a 7 min. walk and you could get anywhere from there.
And the free wifi was good and fast.

The only minus was that the air conditioning was up a bit to high so when you got outside it was like an oven and at night the club on the other side of the road thought they were alone so the music was a bid loud. (use earplugs)
3.5 km from The Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel
Exterior View
11.7 km from The Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel
3.6 km from The Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel
Restaurant
Carlton Hotel Singapore façade by night.
2.2 km from The Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel
View more hotels in Singapore
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

A friend and I stayed for our 2 nights in Singapore. We shared the twin bunk room - very basic - bunk bed, mirror, bin, air con, window. No space or storage but fine if you're spending all day exploring Singapore anyway. Shared (both gender) bathrooms were clean but quite warm! Breakfast was most welcome; computers have fast Internet and the place has wireless too. The food market across the road is cheap and good. Kiwi is located a way out from main sights but it's a 10-12min walk to the nearest underground stop. I would recommend Kiwi as a base for those spending just a few days in Singapore who don't want to spend loads on accommodation.

Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank LittleRejie
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We've stayed in the 10 bed dorm for about a week. It was clean, the staff always want to help you. They are very nice! And the coffee we get during breakfast is great!!! The location is good, you can go by bus or metro (which are almost next to the hostel) to everywhere. And we also liked the Wifi that was very fast!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I was sick for the three days I spent in Singapore and I just hovered around the hostel the entire time trying to get better. The staff here is great. They engaged me and laughed and asked who I was and helped me out with suggestions of how to get to the market and eat cheap and also where to find a place to buy some meds. The directions on the website are spot-on and I found it just as the directions said (from the train station). It was a little bit of a walk, but after I got there I learned that you can take the bus as well and that will take you from the train station directly to them (write them and ask them for the bus number - I THINK it's 137 but please confirm this). The hostel itself entrance is on the ground floor and you walk up a flight of stairs to get to the lobby. There are really safe lockers in the front and you don't need a lock. The wifi is freaking awesome. Really fast. The beds themselves, oh man what can I say about the beds? The beds are the best i've stayed in of about 15 hostels I've ever stayed in. They were deliciously comfortable. I think it was down comforters. The pillows were a little too soft for my taste and so I folded mine over. There is not overhead lamps and instead each bunk has their own individual lamp which is good because no one gets blinded in the middle of the night by the nocturnal night partiers that come in late. The bunks are made of wood and don't creak like most bunks. The air conditioner is on full blast and it's great. You sleep like a baby! There is a nice wrap around counter in the shared area in the lobby for people to sit around and chat and taps there to plug in your electronics. There are several computers for use as well. Books for exchange and a patio on the roof that looked pretty cool. The showers were really good too. Man did I enjoy those. Warm water and the shower head was directly over you and came down like it was raining. The floor was a fancy granite tile and the architecture of the setup was really spot on. The toilets were a little bit of need of some love as the tissue dispensers were broken and left you scrambling to mess with a gigantic roll at the most unfavorable times. I really enjoyed this place and would stay here again. The location isn't that great, but it's near a bunch of places to eat 24 hours that are cheap for singapore standards (S$5 a dish approx) and also some fancy night spots.

Room tip: Write ahead and get the number to the bus if you are arriving by train and you won't have to walk the semi-far distance from the station to the hostel.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at the Kiwi for 3 nights and enjoyed it very much. The room was a 12 bed room, but was spacious with cold aircon and big windows so it felt light and airy. The breakfast was one step above your traditional backpacker breakkie, whole wheat toast with a choice of spreads all in their own separate plastic cups (go for the green jam, its coconut!), fruit and excellent coffee. They have maps, the location is about a 10 minute walk to the Boon Keng LRT. Bathrooms were also spotless and had plenty of TP. :)

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank UncleTravellingMike
Reviewed 18 September 2012

First, the room is clean, female dorm is available here, it has 8 rooms, 6 of them are dorms and the other 2 are private rooms. The bed is nice and comfortable, AC is cold, but the blanket is clean and warm.
Second, it has 4 toilets and 4 bathroom, all is separated. Clean, the toilet has water spray not only tissue. Bathroom is good and clean. Shower is well work.
Third, breakfast, contain 2 breads, two piece of dragon fruit, watermelon, and orange. Butter, chocolate spread, homemade kaya, and strawberry jam are available, you can take it so many as you want it. You can ask unlimited bread if you are too hungry. Coffee and tea are available too, with unlimited sugar and cream. You can ask food as many as you want until your stomach full.
The receptionists are helpful and kind. Beer and drinks are available here with the price cheaper than seven eleven.
Location is awesome, you can access boon keng mrt, lavender mrt, and farrer park by 10minutes walj, and its located at the corner of the street and the bus stops are available at those 3 street, jalan besar, jalan lavender and bendemeer less in a minute walking. It would be easy to t access to whole singapore. If you wonder where to go in singapore and how to get there, you can just ask the receptionists of green kiwi, they have maps and brochure. They would be very helpful. At jalan besar, beside the bus stop you could found seven eleven. This backpacker hostel is very RECOMENDED. Oh, it has rooftop garden, you have unlimited access to go up there and theres a group at night, you can hang out with them. Wi fi is free and unlimited here, if you dont bring your gadget or laptop, computer with unlimited access are also available. The check in time is 14.00, but i came at 08.00 in the morning, but they let me into my room without additional payment. Payment via cash upon arrival.

Date of stay: September 2012