“it was okay...but not that great”

Cut by Wolfgang Puck
Ranked #58 of 12,207 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: USD 45 - USD 150
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Description: CUT at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore is the third location for master chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck's critically acclaimed steakhouse concept. Providing the finest range in beef selections, grilled over hard wood and charcoal, CUT is home to the true steak connoisseur. Choices from around the globe include USDA Prime, Australian Angus, and Wagyu selections from United States, Australia and Japan, and currently offering the uniquely marbled Snow Beef from Uenae Lake Farms, Hokkaido Japan. Our sophisticated menu is complemented by a range of produce and ingredients sourced directly from the Santa Monica's Farmer's Market in Southern California giving guests in Singapore an unparalleled experience of fine food, all while served in a hip, contemporary atmosphere. CUT also features a bar & lounge providing a menu spanning over 50 original, handcrafted cocktails and our "Rough CUTs" lounge menu of delectable bar snacks: open daily from 5:30 P.M. Onward.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I took my whole family to Cut while on vacation in Singapore. Over-all the food was good but I didn't find it to be "wow". Plating was a little disappointing...it literally was just a piece of meat on a plate (with nothing else)...everything else was a side dish that you had to order...I mean seriously...just a piece of cooked meat on a plate...no garnish, nothing...I can do this at home !

Their appetizer was cute (a miniature hamburger)...their butter looked like tiny corn squeezed out to shape...their salad was okay...

but when the meat came out...it was just disappointing....so much so that I didn't even bother to take a picture of it.

It was missing the WOW factor...

Service was great...ambience was great (a little loud music for my mother-in-law I think)...it's more of a younger crowd kind of restaurant...

We ordered 2 desserts (Strawberry short cake and the Chocolate Souffle). The short cake was good...but the Souffle was great (my wife's choice too)

Over-all...would I go back again...yes...but I probably wouldn't take older people to the restaurant...it's not a quiet quaint kind of restaurant...but more of a "happening' kind of place that my wife and I enjoy...for people over say 70...give their ears a break. It was kind of difficult to hear each other talk in the restaurant...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We booked the restaurant package with the Evita show at MBS and a very very good meal and service enjoyed by us both

You really have to do the steaks here, Singapore does not get the availability of great steak meat for various reasons, but Puc delivers

Sadly we were waiting a long time to find out the initial wine selection was out of stock, and whilst we returned after the show to finish off our 2nd bottle, too much time taken to get served for our 3rd so we left to find service elsewhere

Don’t let that put you off Puc, I will be back in the future

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This is the crown of Marina Bay Sand Restaurants.

Steak is excellent, drinks are beautifully presented , while there need some to be addressed is attitude towards customers. While this is a good place to dine it might get crowded sometimes.

Nevertheless is a good place to have special occasions if you can; what can be recommend is to pick the Japanese steak section it is the most tastiest selection on the menu if you prefer your steak without sauce or tiny amounts of condiments, For sides i suggest to pick the scallion potato, butter salad, and mushroom stir-fry.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Not overly impressed at this location, we expected much more for the price.

Drake was over cooked and dry, chips tasted like they had been re cooked and the chicken was average.

I would look else where for your lunch or dinner. There are a number of other celebrity chiefs around who offer better meals.

We don’t mind paying a high price, but the food quality needs to much the price.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This restaurant justifiably deserves its very high TA rating. Located within The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands shopping complex, it’s a bit confusing to find nestled among all the other shops, on a mid-level, so leave enough time to find the place if it’s your first visit.

A trio of smiling hostesses welcomed us and we sat in the dimly lit back room. Our waiters were attentive and friendly. The menu has an international selection of meats but also other dishes in case some in the party don’t care for beef.

Our Illinois corn-fed filets were possibly the best meat we’ve ever eaten (and I’m originally from Illinois). Delicious too were the broccoli and mashed Yukon gold potatoes. We only ordered a glass of wine each; they were very good but served a bit too warm.

One thing I didn’t care for was the (at least for me) loud background music. Prices are accordingly high but still it really is worth going there when you’re in town.