“Not staying there anymore”

Park Regis Singapore
Ranked #52 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Brussels, Belgium
“Not staying there anymore”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This hotel was great for location. Easy walking distance to almost all the great parts of Singapore like China town, Marina etc. Hotel is clean, the swimming pool is fantastic.

Why I don't wanna stay here anymore is because this hotel lacks the basic hotel requirements. The room is very small, unlike the pics on the net. For the same price I should have gotten Swissotel the Stamford instead (much bigger) 700SGD for 3 nights.

The toilet and shower (no bath tub) are inside the room with glass door (that's a bit open for the WC part). No privacy and my friend and I use the toilet down in the swimming pool area because we don't feel comfortable.

We both had back pain as the bed was either too bouncy or it was about time for the springs to be replaced/fixed.

We heard everyone talking and walking in the corridor no matter how far they're from our room. When people in other rooms open and close their doors, we heard the slamming doors. In the morning we were awaken by this constantly that we have to sleep with ear plugs every night.

The cupboard was designed with no logic at all (forget ergonomics) with the door just against the sink and vanity area so I couldn't put my luggage (or anything) inside. It's very important to hide my luggages as there's no space in that tiny room.

Then there was the super inflexible reception who was like being programmed like a robot. I got there earlier than my friend and would like to check in. My friend forgot to include my name as the guest so she asked if I have a proof of booking (email). After showing the email she still insisted to talk to my friend (who's still on the plane and will arrive soon). I told her my friend will register as soon as he gets to the hotel and in the meantime she can charge my card for the full amount. She was still insisting on phoning my friend and I lost my temper saying he was still on the plane (got a bit annoyed because she thought I was lying perhaps). In the end she let me check in and my friend register about 2 hrs later.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Aki B
park_regis2011, General Manager at Park Regis Singapore, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear okaki,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about our recent stay with us.

We have taken note on your feedback with regards to the guestroom and bathroom, and we acknowledged that the design and style of each hotel can be a subjective matter of taste. We are sorry that our guestroom and bathroom were not to your expectations.

Please also accept our apologies on the shortfall in customer service you have experienced with our receptionist and please be assured that this matter has been brought to the attention of the department head for action.

We are grateful for your feedback as it enables us to continually monitor our guest’s expectations and we hope to welcome you back to Park Regis Singapore soon.

Jason Dowd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Paris
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I have been coming to Singapore on business for about 10 years and have tried many hotels. I am what you would call an easy client, but this one is really taking its clients for granted.

the location is good and the common areas are nice, but...

- rooms are tiny. For the same price as a 25sqm room at the Novotel or similar hotels in the area, you get a rat hole with the closet in the bathroom because they had nowhere else to put it...

- my room is at the corner of the building (a long long walk from the elevator...) and the window from the room next door looks right into my room!!! talk about privacy! so you have the choice between letting your neighbours look into your room, or deprive yourself of any sunshine and a pool view that would otherwise be quite nice.

- when I decided to stay in one evening and watch some TV...I had the choice between Chinese channels, sports channels and kids channels (and the usual dozen news channels...) but no good HBO-like channels, or axn, etc...18 channels when every other hotel in town carries between 60 and a hundred...seriously, is it 1985?

- oh and that is the only hotel in town that's asked me for 1,200 dollars in deposit!! that's right, about 30% over my expected bill...

seriously, in some places i would stay "go ahead, it is not that bad" but in a town like Singapore, it is very disappointing. You can get either the same for about half the price, or twice as good for the same price!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else
2 Thank pbelliard
Dear pbelliard,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us.

We have taken note on your feedback. With regards to the guestroom and bathroom, we acknowledged that the design and style of each hotel can be a subjective matter of taste. We are sorry that our guestroom and bathroom were not to your expectations.

We would like to seek your kind understanding for the deposit (in the form of cash deposit or credit card pre-authorisation) as a form of security upon registration for potential expenses that may be incurred within the hotel during your stay. However, this holding amount is not an actual charge unless expenses were actually incurred.

Your feedback on the variety of the in-room television channels is greatly appreciated and will be reviewed as we strive to improve our service quality and facilities to allow us to continually monitor our guest’s requirements.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to Park Regis Singapore soon and have the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Sydney
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed in Singapore for a quick business trip. Normally stay in a different part of town but as this was organized on my behalf I was pleasantly suprised. Taxi fare from the airport was approximately S$25 which I didn't think was too bad. Check in was quick and efficient which was perfect after an 8 hour flight. Room was an interesting configuration which wasn't a problem as a solo business traveller. The location was perfect with its close proximity to Clark and Boat Quays. Also, approx 30-40 minute walk to Bugis Street. Breakfast was OK, small sampling of Asian food with the normal bacon, eggs etc. Would have enjoyed more Asian dishes. Only annoyance was a S$30 for 24 hour Internet charge. I would happily stay here again but next time bring a swimming costume as the pool looked extremely inviting.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
park_regis2011, General Manager at Park Regis Singapore, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Silent_P62,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are delighted to know you appreciate our prime location and have found our service to be delightful.

We have noted your feedback about the selection of breakfast items and this will definitely be shared with our F&B department to look into it and your comment about the Internet charge will also be reviewed.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Regis Singapore soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights recently. Was in one of Merchant Quay rooms with direct access va patio doors to pool area.

pluses
- New hotel so fixtures and fittings are of excellent standard
- Gym - pretty good levels of equipments plus trainers if you are really serious
- Outdoor pool very nice. Large. With loungers
- Location - Clarke Quay MRT across the road

minuses
- As others say, rooms are small. Even the so-called premium rooms
- Extortionate charge for wifi. Come on this is 2012. Wifi is a 'hygiene' factor these days and should not be subject to extra charges

Overall. Very good. In fact, I am booked back in next week. So I am a repeat buyer :)

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tedtheredUk
Dear tedtheredUk,

Thank you for your valuable feedback from your recent stay.

It is heartwarming to learn that you appreciate our convenient location and facilities. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and your comment about complimentary wireless Internet access will be reviewed.

We are delighted to welcome you back to Park Regis Singapore and we hope to exceed your expectations and be your preferred hotel each time you visit Singapore.

Italy
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I've been to this hotel once, and I can say it's perfect both for business and for tourism since it's right behind the singapore river where all the restaurants and the promenade are.