I have been coming to Singapore on business for about 10 years and have tried many hotels. I am what you would call an easy client, but this one is really taking its clients for granted.
the location is good and the common areas are nice, but...
- rooms are tiny. For the same price as a 25sqm room at the Novotel or similar hotels in the area, you get a rat hole with the closet in the bathroom because they had nowhere else to put it...
- my room is at the corner of the building (a long long walk from the elevator...) and the window from the room next door looks right into my room!!! talk about privacy! so you have the choice between letting your neighbours look into your room, or deprive yourself of any sunshine and a pool view that would otherwise be quite nice.
- when I decided to stay in one evening and watch some TV...I had the choice between Chinese channels, sports channels and kids channels (and the usual dozen news channels...) but no good HBO-like channels, or axn, etc...18 channels when every other hotel in town carries between 60 and a hundred...seriously, is it 1985?
- oh and that is the only hotel in town that's asked me for 1,200 dollars in deposit!! that's right, about 30% over my expected bill...
seriously, in some places i would stay "go ahead, it is not that bad" but in a town like Singapore, it is very disappointing. You can get either the same for about half the price, or twice as good for the same price!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located next to Singapore’s most vibrant entertainment hub, Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Chinatown, Park Regis Singapore is within easy access to major tourist attractions as well as the Central Business District. A fully Wi-Fi enabled hotel, featuring 202 modernly designed open-concept guestrooms enhanced with upgraded bedding amenities, an all-day dining restaurant, a Chinese restaurant, pillarless meeting room, well-equipped gym and an impressive 25-metre swimming pool with cascading waterfall. Catering to savvy travellers, handy phone with free mobile internet and IDD calls are available to all guests. The hotel provides all the facilities that you need to complete your stay experience such as e-scooter and bicycle rental service for guests to explore the surroundings, self-service laundromat, and a Bondi book corner for guests reading pleasure. Park Regis Singapore is an ideal destination to meet, stay and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Regis Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Regis Singapore Hotel Singapore