Lowest prices for your stay
AU$315
Fully refundable before Thu, 2 May
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
lureinn
58 Cox Drive Wagait Beach
Would highly recommend
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Sept 2011
The hotel's location was just perfect for our first stay in Singapore. A stroll across the road took us to Clarke Quay and a one block walk took us to China Town. 2 railways were within a block each way The breakfast were first rate. Especially enjoyed the omlettes. The rooms were serviced daily and were kept clean. Reading negatives about the ensuite I was a little concerned but now that I have seen the concept I would use the design in a new home. The shower and toilet are completely private.
One thing we learnt if using a taxi. If the taxi driver says they are not sure of the location because it's a new hotel tell them it is next to the "Ministry of Manpower or MOM".
To be abvoutely perfect the bedroom area could be a little larger but........ how much time do you want to spend in that area when there is just so much to see and do in Singapore.
0.9 km from Park Regis Singapore
Restaurant
0.1 km from Park Regis Singapore
View more hotels in Singapore
6,142 results
All reviews clarke quay great location frosted glass shower and toilet nice pool mrt station nice hotel pool and gym business trip walking distance rooms are small central location short stay nice stay marina bay chinatown privacy
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Park Regis is a convenient location for Clarke's quay or merchant quay, the place is nice and clean, modern and staff friendly. Another guest when checking out was hit with a huge fine for smoking in his room...just a word of warning for you smokers as you have to sign a waiver since this is a non-smoking hotel.

Pros: clean, convenient for Clarke's quay/merchant quay/UOB plaza, friendly/professional staff, breakfast, nice pool, funky decor, comfy beds, hookers allowed apparently (haha)

Cons: pricey mini bar, in room dining is expensive, across a busy road from Clarke's quay, rooms are small, prices are prone to ramp up during large events, 2 day cancellation policy, hookers allowed (haha)

Room tip: Higher room with a pool view is okay, but a room with a patio onto the pool is better.
Date of stay: June 2011
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I checked-in to Park Room No. 301 for two nights. The first impression was acceptable for a business traveler, not until the time to turn in. I found all the 4 soft pillows had dirty smell as if they had not been changed from the previous guest who checked-out from that room. I requested housekeeping to change them but waited for about 20 minutes. I had to call the second time to repeat my request. Then, housekeeping staff brought 2 hard and 2 soft pillows (instead of all 4 soft pillows) to my room. Yet, two of the pillows still have the dirty smell not from the pillow case but from the pillows within. As it was already late at night, I just made do with the remaining two and requested for another round of change on the next day. That was a major setback that I have ever experienced with a 4-star hotel.
The buffet breakfast spread was okay though the food taste was not impressive at all.
However, the 25-m swimming pool was great for a weary soul after a strenuous day at work. There was no kid's pool.
My advice is to avoid Room No. 301 as it located just next to the lift. You therefore will hear the lift arriving that kept repeating the recorded message: "Third Floor" throughout the night.
Location wise, it was quite central and the Clarke Quay MRT station was just diagonally opposite the hotel. The entertainment area of pubs, restaurant and night life was just across the street, which was very convenient. However, there was a mosque nearby and one would probably be awakened by the prayer sound at selected hours.
A thumb up to the front desk lady as she was very accommodative with my late check-out request at 2p.m. The front desk and restaurant staffs were very courteous and helpful.
Overall, I find the hotel okay for solo or business travelers. Not so ideal for family with young children.

Room tip: Avoid room next to lift, typically with numbers ended with
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
park_regis2011, General Manager at Park Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

Dear Mini_Cheryl

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and compliment us.

It is truly very heartwarming to know our efforts to provide quality service is being appreciated by you and that you too appreciate our prime location! Your comments have been passed on to the Front Office manager to share with our respective staff – which I have no doubt will only motivate all of us to perform better.

With regard to your concern on the pillows and the housekeeping service, please be assured that this matter has been brought to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper, and that we will be taking the necessary steps to improve the services.

As for the lift announcement, we will certainly review the loudness of the recorded messages especially during the night. Last but not least, we are grateful for your invaluable feedback as it enables us to continually monitor our guest’s requirements and we do hope to welcome you back to Park Regis Singapore soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

This new hotel near Clarke Quay in Singapore is in a good location; close to the business district, but also near the river and good night spots.

The hotel is brand new. The rooms are small, but modern and stylish (though a bit cheap). There are a few things about the rooms that I found a bit annoying. For example, the shower door opens out into the rest of the bathroom, flush along the floor -- making use of a bath mat impossible (pushed away when the door is opened), so you're going to get a wet floor. And (I don't know how many of you are bothered by this), the soap dish in the shower is a flat piece of metal (with no grooves or holes), so the soap sticks to it and you need a screw-driver to pry it off the dish to use it. It's not a huge flaw, but these two things suggest that whoever designed the rooms did not actually try using them or put much thought into the experience for guests. That lack of effort bothers me.

The small pool and gym are satisfactory, and the lobby and lounge are alright.

My big problem with this hotel is the lack of service culture and the attitude of the front desk staff. I arrived directly from the airport after an international flight. Upon check-in, the receptionist had a problem with the credit card machine. For a 5-night stay at just under S$300 per night, they required blocking S$2600 on my credit card (apparently they were worried that I was going to steal the furniture -- though I'm not sure the furniture would even be worth that much). After a few tries (there was a problem with their connection, not with my card), she instructed me to wait. I was kept at the front desk for nearly 25 minutes (they wouldn't give me the room key until they had my credit card blocked), rather than the staff just asking me to come back later to try -- even though I asked to go to my room and suggested we try later.

Upon sign-in, they also inform guests that there is a S$300 penalty for smoking in the room. And they made me initial that clause on the form, separate from my signature at the bottom (despite the fact that I requested a non-smoking room, anyway). I have not experienced this one at any other hotel.

I stay in business hotels more than 100 nights per year -- many of those in Singapore. Some hotels know how to make their guests feel welcome. Others are obviously much more concerned about making sure they get your money and making sure that you can't cheat them. This hotel does not make me feel welcome. It makes me feel like they are doing me a favor by letting me stay there, while they make sure they get their money.

It's put me off...I shall not be staying here again...There are far too many alternatives in Singapore, and there are some hotels that really understand customer service (this is not one of them).

3  Thank keithfitz

Dear keithfitz

First and foremost, I am sorry to learn of your concerns with your recent stay and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed.

With regards to the hotel and room design, we understand that the design and style of each hotel as well as the dimension of its rooms is and can be a very subjective matter of taste. In this particular case, we regret that our rooms were not to your expectations.

In addition, we would like to seek your kind understanding that that the SGD2600 was a pre-authorization (holding amount) and not an actual charge until and unless expenses were actually incurred. This total amount includes the daily room charges and incidentals for 6 nights that you have stayed here.

Nevertheless, thank you so much for taking the care and time to review us. We are grateful for your feedback as it enables us to continually monitor our guests’ requirements and we do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Regis Singapore in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

My friend stayed there for his recent business trip. Wen over and found that the hotel is so nice. Just 5 mins walking distance from Clark Quay Mrt. Near to shopping mall, food, drinks and music :)

The room space is just nice for 2, toilet indeed is small but clean. Overall, worth the price.

p/s: no breakfast provided.

Dear fumoffu
Thank you so much for taking the time to review and your nice comments about us. We are delighted to know that you and your friend have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you like the location of our hotel. It is truly heartwarming to know our efforts to provide quality service is being appreciated by you!

With regards to your concern, we do provide daily buffet breakfast at our all day-dining restaurant – Suite 23 from 6.30am to 10.30am for just $28++ per person.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to provide your invaluable feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Location is fantastic. Walk to Chinatown for excellent cheap hawker food and some atmosphere, or stroll to the river and (if you can stand listening to their whining) live it up with the pommie expat public schoolboys and girls at the (very) expensive clubs and eateries on the river. The MRT station is close too - so all in all this is a great spot. The hotel is modern and clean. What more do you want in this price range? The one downside was the cost of the business centre... Extortionate!!!

Room tip: It doesn't matter - go cheap and get out and explore

Dear BangkokStu

Thank you very much for taking the time to review and compliment us. We are delighted to know that we managed to exceed your expectation and that you appreciate our prime location.

With regards to the charges mentioned, we have taken note all of your comments and we will certainly review the pricing so as to provide a more competitive service for our guests. We are grateful for your feedback as it enables us to continually monitor our guest’s requirements and we do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Regis Singapore again.