“Fantastic hotel and service”

The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore
Ranked #1 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
River Heads, Australia
“Fantastic hotel and service”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Fullerton Bay for three nights in March this year as a stopover on the way home from Malaysia. The hotel is faultless, from the doorman to check in and personal escort to our room everything was friendly and professional. As it was our wedding anniversay whilst we were there upon arrival at our room there was a chilled bottle of Moet, fresh fruit, cakes and chocolates with a personal card from the Management wishing us a happy anniversary. What a lovely surprise and it didn't stop there. The breakfast in the gorgeous Clifford restaurant was fantastic, great array of food covering many nationalities and if something wasn't there you wanted they would make it for you. My tip is ask for Eggs Benedict with the smoked salmon - to die for! Nora is a great hostess there and even organised a surprise desert for us when we dined at the Clifford on the night of our anniversary.
The hotel is spotless and the room facilities and decor were second to none. We had a Premier Bay View Room with a large deck and loungers looking straight over the water to the Marina Bay Sands. Perfect spot to view the nightly laser and music show whilst sipping some fine Champagne. The bed was very comfortable and the robes were so luxurious that I bought one to take home.
We had a late night flight home and although we had to check out by 12 noon the hotel kept our bags safely locked away for us until we were ready to leave.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, they were really well trained but very friendly as well.
I would recomend staying there if you can afford it - hotels this good do not come cheap and for a special occasion it was worth every cent.

Room Tip: Premier Bay View rooms have the best balconies with sun loungers and the best views
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moontatravellers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My friends and I stayed for one night for new year countdown and the view was absolutely fantastic! Overlooking marina bay view, it felt we had the whole harbour to ourselves as we sat at the balcony for the countdown. The fireworks were right in front of us at the balcony!

Our room had a bathtub with tv and many facilities were top class. Service was also excellent as we were greeted by service staff at every point. Complimentary breakfast the next morning was certainly delicious and well-served by the friendly hotel staff.

Overall, we had an excellent stay! I would suggest to book this place for New year countdowns as singapore will be having its annual fireworks at marina bay!

Room Tip: sea view facing marina bay
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Helsinki
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed three nights over the CNY in January 2012. It's a lovely hotel as so many guests have already written here and certainly one of my Singapore favourites. I loved the beautiful materials in my sea view room and the bathroom and the common areas are very stylish as well. I enjoyed the room service meals and I found the breakfast quite nice and both had items suitable for vegetarians as well. Maybe the menus could be more varied in thet respect.

The pool is best for grown up lap swimmers, which I appreciated. However, the pool area is my main complaint about this hotel. Funnily enough it's a bar area in the evening and there are too few shaded loungers and any proper loungers at that. The loungers are at ground level so if you have any knee/ back etc problem you'll find it terrilbly difficult and not at all flattering to get up from your lounger. Most of these loungers are "in the pool" and without any shade. Who wants to fry herself in the sun these days? All in all the area seems more designed to twenty somethings, altough the clientele seemed more middle aged to me. The pods are nice, but there are only a few of them.

An other smaller issue I want to mention is the air con controller in the room that is very difficult to manouver without any instructions, it went straight back to really warm. The former applies to the balcony lock as well.

If these issues could be made better this would be a wonderful hotel and in my opinion one of the best in SIN .

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MrsMK
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My wife and I had a 3 nightstop over in Singapore in March 2012 after a break in Malaysia.

We decided that we deserved a treat so after some research in Tripadvisor we chose the Fullerton Bay.

From the moment we arrived at the entrance to be met by checkin staff and personally escorted to our bay view room we knew we had made the right choice.

The Fullerton Bay is a small hotel (100 or so rooms) in a suberb location close to excellent Singapore transport options. We had a bay view room (311) that gave an excellent front row seat for the light show from the hotel across the bay.

The hotel design is nothing short of stunning with a 'wow' at every turn. Having said that, it is still intimate and you can feel comfortably at home...a neat trick.

From the rooftop pool and Latern bar to Landing Point and Clifford restaurant this place is all class. The service is understated but always what 5 star should be but so often isn't.

Treat yourself....you won't be disappointed

Room Tip: Bay View for sure. We were on Level 3 so no noise from Lantern bar on the roof.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2012

If you're looking for a hotel near the Marina, without question, this should be your choice! It's a small, boutique like hotel with 5 star service and amenities. The roof top pool has a beautiful view of the Marina. I must say, the food I ordered at the pool wasn't great, however the breakfast and the dinner I had at the hotel was exceptional. The martini's at the lobby bar were perfect and the concierge service was really helpful. I felt that the staff really went out of their way to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable. I requested early check in and they accommodated me at 7am, with a room at no additional charge! It really does have a small hotel feel with, again, 5 star service. Oh, one thing, if you have a taxi dropping you from the airport, make sure you say Fullerton BAY Hotel, they have another hotel called Fullerton Hotel nearby, which I was first dropped off.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Marina View. It's spectacular at night.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo