“Fabulous swimming pool but missing the Vegas buzz.”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #38 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My only complaint is that I arrived early to the hotel, and was told that I must until afternoon to check in. This was disappointing as I was tired. Other hotels would do their best to get me into a room ASAP, as many guests check out early. Otherwise, nice restaurants to select from and the room was spacious and comfortable. Lot's of great shopping in the hotel mall, but the casino was just average. Only found a few video poker machines - my favorite. Rooftop was fabulous with a gorgeous pool but needs changing rooms with showers. Gym was empty. Not quite like going to Vegas or even Macau. Missing the buzz!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paul C
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Thank you for your review. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your needs during your check-in process as it depends on room availability. Our Team Members could have handled your request better.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time up on the SkyPark. Regarding your comment about changing rooms with showers, we have stalls in our bathrooms located at Level 56, Tower 2 with showers that may also be used as changing rooms.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back to stay with us in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Marina Bay Sands

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Spend a few days in march with some friends,we expected 5 star service,but we got a poor service for a lot of money.
House kepping and the rest of hotel staff uneducated and mostly unhelpfull.
Sky park is the only thing which is to be recomeded in this hotel,rest is more or less not to be recomended.
This hotel is def MASS but defenetlly not CLASS

Room Tip: try to get room 35 floor and up,if u like to avoid noise!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dejan007

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I am disappointed to learn about the service challenges you experienced during your recent stay with us and I would like to request for more information from you. I have sent you a private message and I look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

This hotel can make your stay in Singapore a very pleasurable experience. Pay the extra dollars and stay in a club room. This will give you free access to the Skypark and Club Lounge which is at the Skypark level. The breakfast and food during the day are excellent. The rooms are spacious and offer all facilities. Take advantage of the free airport shuttle for pick and drop off, great service. The friendly staff across all areas of this facility are a pleasure to behold, a lot of other countries could learn from these. It costs nothing to smile. The vast area of shopping, restaurants etc under this hotel are magnificent, The theatre show we attended was terrific, a great venue. A well laid out casino is available for those who like a flutter or just observe. The MRT, Singapore's train system sits right underneath the hotel, with very easy access and ease of use. Tickets are cheap and a clean and quick service. Access to Sentosa for family's with children and others, is easy from here. An ice skating ring is also available for children and adults with padded rears, amongst the many shopping ares below the hotel.
We had a room (4471) on the 44th floor, facing the city, which had fabulous views, enjoy.

Room Tip: High floor facing the city.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steelkat
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Fantastic breakfast, tea time and cocktails. Sleep good, eat good and enjoy endless edge swimming pool are what I have at Marina bay Sands.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Netchanokshaw

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your time up on the SkyPark as well as your culinary experiences. I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to stay with us to experience more of what our property has to offer.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We spent two nights at MBS and were a little disappointed... The check in took forever, but we upgraded to a clubroom and the room was very nice both in style and decor. We had breakfast by the pool, magnificent. The Infinitipool is beautiful, but very cold!
The hotel itself is very big and busy, but still it is a 5 star hotel so they have to do better when it comes to service.
Next time we will choose a different hotel, but it is a must see hotel I guess.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrammenDrammen

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I regret to hear that you experienced a delay in your check-in process but I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room upgrade to one of our Club Rooms.

We have recently implemented initiatives to speed up the check-in processes for our guests. For example, hotel guests arriving by our complimentary airport shuttle can now complete the check-in process onboard the coaches coming from Changi Airport.

We are continuously reviewing ways to improve our service standards to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable stay. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously upgrade our service touch points on our journey to service excellence.

I look forward to you and your partner’s next visit at Marina Bay Sands in the near future.