“Amazing Thai Food with excellent vegetarian options”
Review of Jim Thompson

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tanglin
Reviewed 26 March 2017

This restaurant is on Dempsey Hill has an amazing architecture - near 30 feet high ceilings with a very (very) large ceiling fan. There is enough space between the tables so that we can have conversations that aren't overheard by the adjacent tables.

there is an outdoor dining area as well that can be wonderful if the climate is suitable.

The variety was large and the food was awesome. the wait staff were very helpful. will definitely recommend this

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

My second visit here and on this occasion I was accompanied by my daughter in law.
The restaurant comprises a large building with a lavish interior which is basically split between three interconnecting sections, the whole being high ceilinged which absorbs the conversational noise most effectively. Outside is an extensive seating area with tables set well apart, water features and the occasional bat swooping past which rather adds to the ambience!
The restaurant offers a wide selection of Thai themed food which both looks and tastes good. There are several reviewers here banging on about the lack of 'authenticity' who really ought to know what to expect from an internationally branded restaurant!
The restaurant appeared to be full, we enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We had a lovely meal at Jim Thompson's this week. The restaurant is set in a stunningly converted Black and White property in Dempsey and the staff were friendly and welcoming. The menu is simple - and the food was well presented, The starter of spring rolls was delicious - and I had a fabulous salad with Pomello, alrthough I wasn't too keen on my fishcakes. The mains were lovely and my husband's beef curry was super. They currently have LP champagne on a good price for Singapore too. I'd definately go back, and I though the atmosphere was really superb.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed 12 March 2017

I like jim Thompson because food is great, staff are nice ...they service is on time, the variety of drinks are amazing

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed 2 March 2017

An old friend took us there for lunch..the neighbourhood is rather quaint . We were there at noon the hostess at the front was not as friendly her body language spoke volumes(rather negative). However once we were seated both the ladies who served us were very attentive. I had the Tom Kai soup with alot of seafood my husband had the Tom yom soup our friend had the veg. pad thai we also had the shrimp appetizers all the dishes were delicious.It is difficult to rate a luncheon as we tend to eat and order less. However it appears to be a very good restaurant.