“Excellent Biryani”
Review of Biryani Box

Biryani Box
Ranked #2,097 of 12,452 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: USD 4 - USD 7
Description: Authentic Dum Biryani from the traditional recipes in the northern subcontinent. Probably the best biryani in Singapore, our so say many of our customers. Started by two friends - An Indian and a Pakistani. Cooking for friends, trying to bring people closer, one biryani at a time. Halal, and Vegetarian options available.
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We have been looking for good biryani and happened to see their ad on Facebook. They do home delivery to the East Coast on weekends. We tried the mutton biryani and we absolutely loved it! Very flavourful and with tender pieces. Not at all oily. Comes along with a small serving of raita. We will definitely order again!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

In Singapore for a few months, and chanced by Biryani Box on a random visit to Alexandra Village. The food is amazing. I love biryani, and this was probably the best biryani I have had in Singapore. Definitely a must-try, I tried both the Chicken and Mutton Biryani. The chicken was tender, falling off the bone and the rice had a very nice flavour to it. The Mutton was out of the world, I haven't had a mutton biryani like this ever, it was soft, juicy and didn't have any smell commonly associated with Mutton. The raita could be improved a bit, but the whole experience was great.

The guys were super friendly, atypical of the setting. Talking more to them - found out that they ran marketing in a big tech company and this was their weekend passion. Inspiring that they spend weekdays at work and have the time to do this on weekend. Had a chuckle when I was told one was a Indian and another a Pakistani, quite cool, only in Singapore would you find something like that. Good job guys, keep doing more of this.

1  Thank CindyA2204
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

My third visit to Biryani Box. These guys pour their hearts into their Biryani, sourcing their meat, paneer and rice to be super fresh! I like the chicken and also the veg/paneer. My husband swears by the mutton. The stall is halal which is not a requirement for me but nice to know for those in search of it. The best part is the spices. These guys cook slowly as an art form, so the rice is moist and saturated with just the right amount of flavor. It comes on slow and gradually the layers come through. There is a light yogurt side to balance the flavors and I like to pair it with fresh avocado juice from next door (though the house recommends the avo/soursop for the perfect combo). Search them out at Alexandra Food Court FYI they are only open weekends 11:30/7pm or until sold out. Yum!!!

3  Thank CardamomTuesday