All reviews food republic bencoolen station handy phone downtown line gloria jeans coffee national museum limited hanging space coffee shop in the lobby singapore management university rooms are small excellent location bras basah changi airport yellow line taxi stand certain countries fox movies
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

One thing for sure, this hotel is very near to Bencoelen St and close to Orchard road. The hotel also is very kind as we got there in the morning, they let us check in very early!! That was so nice. Not every hotel would let their guests check in before time. We took the room for 3 adults. Not very spacious.

The breakfast in lobby was so so. Not quite satisfying from the menu, taste and the services. I’d rather having it other places as the hotel is close to Food Republic and other stores.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Masaharu_Kusaka, General Manager at Hotel Mi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Itsmenyla,

Thank you for your choosing Hotel Mi for your stay in Singapore, and your review to us after your stay.
We are glad to hear that your stay was overall satisfactory. We truely appreciate your constructive feedback about breakfast as well, please be assured that we will share with our lobby cafe for further improvement.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

My friend and I stayed at Hotel Mi for a total of 4 nights. Our first night was great - we even got a free upgrade to a 9th floor balcony room with a great view. Although the room was small, it was very clean and well-appointed. We only had some minor complaints: the fragrance in the lobby was too strong, and the elevator was hard to use since the keycard sensor was not very sensitive. When we checked out the next day we were pretty happy and looking forward to returning for our second stay later in our trip.

Unfortunately, our second stay was an objectively poor experience. On our first night back we checked in at around 11 PM, hoping to just shower and sleep after a long day of travel. When we got into the room, it felt very warm, especially in comparison to the hallways, so we turned the AC down to the lowest setting. However, the temperature in the room only continued to climb, and no air came out of the vents. Naturally, we called the front desk, who said they would send someone to help. We sat and waited around for at least 20 minutes, hearing absolutely nothing from them in that time. Completely unprofessional. Ultimately, it took back-to-back visits from the housekeeper and from two front desk personnel, over another 10 minutes or so, for them to finally decide to move us to a new room. Little did we know that the hotel's handling of this would soon become the least of our complaints.

The most egregious incident took place on our second night. At 3:20 AM, while I was fast asleep, our door was suddenly opened, jarring me awake. I looked over and saw my friend was still sleeping. It was only then that I heard the door shut, followed by a knock. It was housekeeping. They claimed to have mistakenly thought that we had called room service, but regardless, they should not have opened our door uninvited. After a couple minutes, still in utter shock and now wide awake, I went down to talk to the front desk. At first, the person on duty brushed off my complaint. First, he insisted that this was against their standard protocol (which I hope it is, since I don't think anyone wants to be walked in on in the middle of the night). He then wasted more of my time, asking me if this had happened in the afternoon or if it had happened just now (as if I had just decided to wait until 3:30 AM to take care of something that happened in the afternoon?!). Finally, he decided he would go check CCTV, and left me waiting for another 5 minutes or so. Through all of this, his attitude was impatient, and frankly, insulting. I had just been woken up at 3 AM by hotel staff entering my room, and his first response is to cast doubt on a guest and try to discredit them. Only after 5 minutes of watching CCTV, leaving me outside waiting, did he finally emerge, apologetic and offering to make amends for the situation. At this point, all I wanted was to be able to feel safe in my hotel room and get a decent night's sleep, so I told him I honestly didn't know how they could make up for what happened. He asked when our flight was and offered us free breakfast on the morning of our flight, which was Wednesday. I accepted since I was tired and just wanted to sleep.

When we checked out on Wednesday, there was no mention of the free breakfast we had been promised, so we asked about it. Turns out, he had put the breakfast for Tuesday morning instead of Wednesday. It took them another 5 minutes to sort out the mistake and take us next door to the breakfast. The breakfast itself was a complete atrocity, featuring mostly empty food trays, soggy hashbrowns, undercooked scrambled eggs, nearly raw turkey bacon, and fruit past its prime. Needless to say, we barely ate and left within 5 minutes to go to the airport.

Overall, our stay was pretty disappointing. While the rooms themselves were up to par, the service was terrible, from the long wait for a room with properly working AC, to getting rudely awoken at 3am by a housekeeping intrusion, to being "compensated" with a miserable excuse of a breakfast. We will be warning our friends to not stay at this property.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kevin W

Dear Kevin W,

Thank you for your taking your time to share your exprience at Hotel Mi.

We would like to deeply apologize for the upleasant experiences you had during your stay with us. To hear all the incidents that you have highlighted, we fully understand how dissappointed you were, especially about the incident that our Housekeeping staff visited your room at night although you had never requested. We found it was very unfortunate case that the staff was accindentally assigned to your room. In addition, we also understood that our staff cound not assist you properly when you reported to Front Office. We believe all you needed was just to be assured safety and good rest, and please accept our sincerely apology for all the trouble you encountered. We also regret to hear from you that breakfast offered by us at the restaurant was far below your expectation.

We truely appreciate all the feedback to us, and please be assured that those highlighted points were shared with respective departments to ensure we constantly improve our service and product to our valued guests. We fully agree with you that those incidents were unacceptable and please rest assured, that we are working to ensure no future occurrences.

Once again, we are so sorry about the incidents you have experienced. and we sincerely wish to have the opportunity to serve you better in future.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 7 nights, was impressed with the level of service provided. I was served by a female receptionist named coen and she made me felt very welcomed. The room is small but its very very affordable despite being walking distance to bugis junction

Aloy

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Masaharu_Kusaka, General Manager at Hotel Mi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Aloyaloyaloy,

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased to hear that your positive review to our service, and also your compliment to our staff, Coen. We have shared your feedback with her, she also appreciates it so much. Your feedback really motivate us to serve our guests even better.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Mi on your next visit to Singapore!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This is my 5th times staying Mi Hotel. I will definitely choose to stay here whenever I come to Singapore. Easy access to everywhere, Subway, bus stops or walk to Bugis and there are many great restuarants nearby. Worth the price! Very recommended!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Masaharu_Kusaka, General Manager at Hotel Mi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Jojo C,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review to us. We are so happy to hear your compliments about hotel location and our staffs.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very new, so the overall condition is very good. The room is very small but the window in the room is very large so you can see how people live their life out there.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Next to the check in counter, there's a cafe (sorry that I forgot the name) that the drink is very tasty and the staff is friendly and nice.

The location is really convenient, near MRT, bus stop, food republic, museum and Bugis is far away in 10 min walk only.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jiwmungmings

Dear Jiwmungmings,

Thank you so much for your taking your time to share your experience at Hotel Mi. We are delighted to find you enjoyed staying with us, and we would also appreciate your positive feedback to staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us, and once again, thank you very much for your wonderful review.