“Average hotel with extremely friendly staff”
Review of Hornbill Hotel

Hornbill Hotel
Ranked #289 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Average hotel with extremely friendly staff”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel is located in the red light district but away from the main street so you don't actually hear the hustle and bustle. My husband and I had a pleasant, quiet stay in this hotel for 5 days. The staff are very friendly especially the one at the reception. He really made us feel very welcome and like old friends, not just guests. We stayed at the 8th floor and there was daily cleaning of the room if you request. They won't clean if you don't request which is not a problem because we just had to tell the reception to clean our room every time we go out in the morning. The room is old but clean and comfortable. So if you just want a cheap comfortable stay in Singapore with very welcoming staff, consider this hotel. The location is also excellent as it is near a bus stop and 2 train stations. There are lots of nearby eating places to choose from and there is a mini grocery across the road which is open 24 hrs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruiza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I have been to Singapore many times and have paid lots of money for services not so good so thought a 2 star might be better picked Happy Hotel because of price and locality I was quite surprised, close to shops and transport. It wasn't until the fourth day that I found it was in the red light district. The cab driver said to me did I mind NO they did not bother me and I am sure I didn't bother them. I wanted many trips and the young lass behind the counter could not of been more helpful she persevered until she got all the trips I wanted. At the top of the street I had my main meal at night, helping of chicken, vegs and rice S$2. Bus stop also at top of street going all over Singapore, again cheap.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank barbaraanne6
derbyshire
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Nice place to stay! All the reviews on here give it a bad name but if u wasn't told it was in the red light district we would not have known, very friendly and very helpful staff!!!

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank therams_1884
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed in this monstrous hotel for 1 night in July 2011. The hotel is located in the red light district area. The hotel leases rooms in the hotel to local street prostitutes and clients (for 3 hrs) therefore making the place a revolving brothel. Whilst standing in the front reception area I personally witnessed the negotians between client , prostitute and management. The Rooms are very small and dingy, nil safe etc . The only highlight was the Sri Lankin cleaner who provided me with all the details or where to go into the City in order to vacate my presence from the Hotel. Do not stay here the room price is good but the whole experience is not worth it at all.

Room Tip: Dont stay here !!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank GMS8855

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2011

we needed some where quick to stay in the city as our stay had to be increased and didn’t have a lot of time we found this place and the pics of the rooms were not bad and the description of the facilities was good, wifi TV bathroom etc. and all was within our budget. when we got there the room was basic one blanket and pillow for a 2 person room. the walls were dirty with grime and splashed with various substances, the bed sheets were dirty with rips and holes and the staff were helpful as long as they didn’t need to leave the desk. it is right in the red light distinct so be wary in the evening.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends