All reviews home away from home a family run hotel location is great night's sleep white beach comfortable bed minute walk station thumbs privacy action
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at Hannah hotel with my friend back in January 2012! I still remember how much of a wonderful hotel it was and how lovely the family were that ran it. They were a father and son duo who were very sweet, friendly and hospitable. Service was fantastic!

The hotel was very near to the beach which was perfect for us! It was clean and well looked after. There was such a nice feel to the hotel and it had a lot of quirkiness and character to it. Named Hannah hotel after the owners daughter, I loved the personal service and family feel to it.

If I were to go back to Boracay again... I would definitely go stay at Hannah Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank G_Bella2014
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in Hannah. It's a family run hotel, very personalized service, awesome staffs and great breakfast. The location is also nice, less than 5 mins walk to the beach and it's way cheaper than the beachfront hotels.

The room is basic, but we had a great quality sleep and it's just nice & enough as most of the time we went to the beach anyways.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Jessica N
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We started our trip in Boracay at Hannah Hotel for our first 3 nights. We choose this place because it is just across the road to the beach which takes about 2 minutes walk and it is near a number of restaurants, bars and shops in Station One. If we needed a meal or basic grocery, we could just walk over instead of taking their little motorbike taxis. It isn't far to travel to Station 2 either where more of the town is concentrated at.

Our experience here was good, to be honest, don't expect much from the hotel. It is a no frills budget set up. Air-conditioning, bed and lighting isn't great. The place is clean and homely, if you need any extra amenities like hair dryer, cups or an extra towel just ask and you shall be given.One thing though is that they do not provide shampoo, soap or toothpaste. You can get them to fill up your water bottle with hot or cold water at their front desk. They do provide clean beach towels for your to bring on your trip to the beach every time you head out.

What I truly enjoyed though is the friendliness of the people running the place, their daily surprise breakfast is always good and also their helpfulness in recommending places of interest and good food. Do ask them about the rates for the water activities too so you don't get ripped off by the people offering them at the beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank ScarletFey
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Had a 3days 2nights stay and I had the worst. The aircon was very hot and we actually have to borrow an electric fan. No cabinet,no ref and no extra amenities. Breakfast was sandwhiches only and you have to have your own toiletries. The only advantage of this place is that its very near station 1. This place needs a lot of tweaking-seriously.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ayen A
Reviewed 1 May 2014

A number of reviews bear no relation whatsoever to the reality experienced during my visit.This property is at best rudimentary and the room amenity is at a very low level.The bathroom is totally charmless and one solitary towel was provided for a 4 day visit.This suggests to me a focus on cost base reduction and not guest comfort.There is no refrigerator or safety deposit box and 2 plastic clothes hangers were provided with absolutely no dresser or drawer space for clothing.Soundproofing is very poor within rooms.Internet was virtually non-existent and I had connection for one 10 minute period throughout my stay.
For the sake of balance,it is located close to station 1 and I saw some effort in varying the breakfast offer.I cannot quite understand why they do serve breakfast as part of the room cost as I feel guests would be much better served by upgrading the dismal room and amenity in general.They also responded well to a complaint of mine over a problem with AC and lack of lighting.However,being aware of my problem(seeing me using a torch in an a very hot and dark room) I felt they could and should have been much more pre-emptive.
I do wish some reviewers would remember that TA is not just a"how was it for me" forum and to supply objective information in order to help other travellers make more informed choices.
I would not under any circumstances use Hotel Hannah again and certainly I recommend you avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo