“place where you can relax”

Spider House Resort
Ranked #46 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
“place where you can relax”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

There is nothing superfluous, only what you really need. Very friendly staff, very trusting relationship.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

A group of us stayed here for a few nights and loved it. We had room 5 which was one of the best rooms. The common area is serene and you can easily relax there the whole day. I loved staying here and had no problems with bugs, noise or misquitos. Coco came and sprayed our room each night as well. The room was cleaned each day with new towels.

One thing I suggested was installing a fan in the common area because it can get so stuffy around sunset. No air circulates and we had to bring our fan down from our room to make it bearable while we chilled out for a few hours. An easy fix though.

Food was good too and the staff were friendly, fun and helpful. Would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012
Singapore
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have really mixed feelings about this resort. The view is really nice and cant be compared to the views at white beach. I have choosen this hotel as my choice of stay as i have read reviews of it and seen many pretty photos.

However when i reached my room. It was a rather unpleasant surprise. There were quite a few spider webs in the room (i guess hence the name spider house). And on my pillow was a dead insect carcass. I choose the room without a personal bathroom as it was cheaper. However the communal toilet was very gross, i was told by the manager, clemence, that the toilet is only for us to use as all other rooms have their own toilets, however it wasn,t the case as outsiders and the staff there uses the toilet. Long story short, i upgraded my room the next day. My new room was better however the rooms were abit dirty, the toilet had lizards and red ants crawling all over, and there were clogging issues in the toilet and alot of mosquitos and webs. There is no aircon in this resort.

The staff were friendly however they do not take heed of your needs and wants. I had to remind them a few times that i wanted new towels and to change my dustbin.

Overall, not a very good place to stay. Every night i did dread going back to my hotel to stay. =(

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank rinoa_carol
Dublin
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This place is very special, one of the highlights of the philipinnes for me. I'm surprised at the complaints below as I am very fussy! The shabby chic vibe of the place trumps many other little problems.
Pros:
Fantastic views
Spacious rooms, floor creaks as you walk
Beautiful, treehouse style interior-not luxurious but mesmerising!
Gorgeous little walkways between the rocks to find the place, love the architecture
Close to diniwid beach
Cons
Food AWFUL. Have to go to diniwid-Wahine Bar on the beach is perfect...we ate there every day
Staff really noisy early in morning...which is annoying when guests are trying to sleep in open air huts! Very inconsiderate!

Room Tip: We got superior room...definitely recommend
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Exotic hotels sound exciting. However, there is a difference between exotic and disgusting. I love to stay at exotic hotels but this hotel have terrible room cleaning services which makes it disgusting for one to live in and not to mention that, there is constant black outs.

The hotel is located on an extremely quiet end of Diniwid beach. If you intend on partying, you DO NOT want to stay at this hotel because you need to get around the rocks which would be very dangerous when you are slightly drunk because you won't want to fall and knock your head against the rocks. It is recommended that you stay at Beach Station 1 or 2 instead.

The cleanliness of the room is terrible. There were real spider webs around the room. Imagine walking around the room and knocking into a spider web. I spotted a real spider when I placed down my luggage on the floor.

The bed sheets were sandy (They don't wash their bed sheets) and I had to lie on the towels instead of the bed sheets because I did not want to get bitten by the bed bugs. Whenever I requested for the staff to change the sheets, they will not do so on the first request. I have had to remind them several times before they will go up to my room to change my sheets.

The mosquito nets that they provide is useless. Every morning, I will wake up with fresh mosquito bites. Bugs kept buzzing around me in the middle of the night (I could hear the buzzing sound near my ears) and there was one night where a grass hopper that looked like a huge coachroach landed on my bed. Obviously, we freaked out.

There is no window and there was one night where it was raining heavily. The blankets were thin and I was shivering throughout the night. Constant blackouts, flying bugs and no window to shield the sun or the wind. Also, you CANNOT jump from any of the rooms despite what the other reviews say

Think twice before staying at this hotel. For the same price, you can get a better hotel at the other stations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple