“Good place to stay”

The Palms of Boracay
Ranked #128 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I don't understand some of the other reviews! The Palms is at the Boat Station 1 part of the beach and as such is a peaceful place to stay. The hotel itself is up a little road just off the beach and it takes only two minutes to walk down to the wonderful beach.

The hotel is a well designed boutique-style place, tastefully designed and tranquil. It has a pool which is great. The lack of parasols is a drawback though; that sun is strong! The restaurant is right by the pool, so cocktails and food are available constantly.

The food itself is ok but not special. The complimentary breakfast is fine but the menu is limited. The fruit on offer lacked variety and flavour. Cocktails, lunches etc are generally good, but it seems to depend on which chef or waiter is on duty.

The hotel room was excellent. Spacious, clean and well decorated. The bath was plastic and spoilt the look but this is a small point.

Staff are delightful and this is a really positive part of the place.

Any negative points I've made are really only minor considerations. It's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors don't have a great view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Julie G
Charlie G, Manager at The Palms of Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Ms. Julie, Thank you so much . Highly appreciate your great review. I will personally share this to all the team today. On behalf of the The Palms of Boracay team, we are very grateful that you had a wonderful time with us. We hope to see you again on your next Boracay visit.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

The Palms of Boracay is a great place to stay if you're looking for a hotel that is not crowded and would like to have some privacy away from the hoards of people in the mainstream area of station 2. The hotel design in itself is inspired by Mindanao Culture in the Philippines, which gives you the feeling of seeing and being in the locality unlike some hotels which are constructed w/ very little thought and consideration in terms of culture.The staff are friendly and accommodating.

Finally, the rooms have nice interior fixtures and furniture. They have lcd tv. Although not all rooms have a view of the beach, you can always access by foot.

All in all, the palms of boracay is one of my top 10 hotels to stay in boracay.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank leydelossantos
ThePalmsofBoracay, Owner at The Palms of Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Thank you very much. Appreciate your great comment. Glad you had a wonderful experience at The Palms of Boracay. Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime marketing@palmsboracay.com for other concerns and suggestions. We will definitely do our best to serve you better.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

The property was not as it was promised ! It was horribly far from the station -1... The Scotty to it costs a bomb every time u want to use it. Rooms were not as they were meant to be. The free wi-fi is only available for use in the small lobby, only 5 seats available. You have to wait your turn to even find a seat to sit !

Room Tip: Choose something which says its at station 2 or if u want quietist use and stay away from the crowd...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ManjuJain780

Our sincerest apology rest-assure that the management will take immediate actions and improve our services. Please email our marketing department marketing@palmsboracay.com for us to give you constant updates. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I visited the hotel in February 2012, it was part of my honeymoon with my wife. In total we had 14 flights around asia covering 7 countries including

Philipenes (Manila, Kalibo, Boracay)
Thailand (Bangkok, Pucket, Chang Mai)
Malaysia (Kuala Lumpa)
Indonesia (Bali)
Honk Kong
Macau
Vietnam (Hanoi, Ha Long)
India (Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan, Goa)

I would as a place say that boracay is the best beach I have ever been to in all my years of travelling, I haven’t seen all the beaches in the world but is the best one I have seen from the around 30 countries I have visited in my lifetime.

The water at Boracay is so shallow, that you can walk long distances into the sea and the water just comes to your waste height, sit on the beach and watch the day pass holding one of the excellent fruit shakes that seem to be made everywhere.

Well as for the hotel what more can I say, its bliss, the hotel is new with all modern fittings, the food at the restaurant lovely, and the hotel is at the quite end of the island.

I prefer to be at the quite end of the island and when I want to have a bit of fun or go out, either take the 1hrly FREE minibus down to D Mall in station 2, or get a tricycle down to Deli Papa in station 3. I liked the fact the hotel is hidden away, it mend after a hard day of shopping around the mall at D mall, or going out to the clubs I could relax in comfort away from the noise.

The hotel has massive studio apartments, they are around 42m2, that’s a lot bigger than most other places I looked at, and for me space is king.

Regards

Harry

PS. I have attached a few pictures of the hotel I took from my room, a picture says a 1000 words.

Room Tip: I would suggest to book room 118 or rooms directly above it, its close to the lobby and has a view t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Harry J

Reviewed 9 April 2012

The hotel is beautiful, offering a great location in a quiet area of Boracay. The rooms are very spacious (studio) and trully comfortable.

Highlights are:

- Staff: everyone that works in the hotel is amazingly friendly and very professional. I really had a good time talking to the drivers and servers, they were awesome!

- Restaurant: the food is very good, I actually didn’t want to go anywhere else to risk, cause they had it all: local and international good food.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank andrefranchini

Greetings from The Palms of Boracay. Thank you so much for your feedback and review. Appreciate it. Please email our marketing department marketing@palmsboracay.com for us to give you regular updates. Thank you very much.