All reviewsbulabog beachwhite beachboracay suiteskite surfingwell equipped kitchenswim up bard mallgreat poolfamily suiteloved our stayhigh tiderecommend this resortthe hotel managersun loungersrestaurant staffsea viewaway from the hustle and bustle
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Booked this from the Agoda web site whilst on the Island. Got a great rate for a superior room(not suite). First class, friendly staff. Great little swim pool right in front of the beach.It has a swim to bar that serves reasonably priced cocktails, happy hour ALL day! See photo. Also has two spa pools in this pool. Breakfast at the restaurant included in the deal. Good selection for brekki but make sure the chef cooks the eggs thouroughly. He has a tendancy to undercook and i think it resulted in a bit of an upset for for myself & partner. Evening meal here though was great. They have some mountain bikes for hire if you don't want to head off to the hire place on the main road. Thats not too far, less than 5 minutes walk or you can always take a tricycle if you are inclined. Hammocks on the beach slung from the trees and loungers too. It has a section of the sea roped off for swimming to avoid boats coming into the area. The White Beach is only a 7-10 minute walk where there is a large number of bars/restaurants ect. Beds comfy and bathroom 1st class. Plenty of stowage in rooms.

Room Tip: You probably won't get much choice, simply whats availabe as many of the rooms/suites are privately owned.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Ive been in Boracay for so many years but this time I tried staying on the other side of the Beach and found my paradise in 7Stones Boracay Suites. The rooms are huge enough to accommodate families and friends. Not to mention that everything in the room is in order and new. I like how my room is being done by friendly and effective staff. My room was always clean and tidy! The food was superb and that you seldom have that at the main beach. And to top it all, their infity pool overlooking the beach is so nice. The mojito and pina colada made my stay complete while lounging at the beach front watching the kite boarders doing their tricks! It was such a nice experience! I will keep on coming back to 7stones!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eden A
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We stayed in a grand deluxe suite from April 8-15 2011. This was basically a combination of a deluxe suite (has a kitchen and giant living area) and a junior suite. We absolutely loved the 7stones and would definitely recommend it to all of our friends. I think we went at a more quiet time so the staff to guest ratio was really high. At breakfast there were only a few people eating with us at any given time. We pretty much loved everything about this hotel. While I rated the hotel 5* it is probably more like a 3* hotel. It is really close to a 4* but it is hard for a small boutique hotel to really hit 4* in my mind. To compare we stay at the bellagio in las vegas (4*), shangri-la in manila (4*) etc

Pros'
The beach is really not crowded and is really peaceful
D'mall which is the area with tons of bars and restaurants on white beach is a 1 minute tricycle ride (30-50 pesos) away - wouldnt recommend walking on the narrow street.
Tons of kitesurfing shops and a few windsurfing shops right next door and all along the beach.
Hotel is very nicely decorated and very clean
Daily maid service was effective and they kept everything nice
bathrooms have rain showers, large modern tub, granite and stone everywhere - much nicer than my bathroom at home. The quality of the rooms was really close to 5*
Food at the restaurant was good (pricey for the philippines) and we ate there many times. The breakfast buffet was really nice with a soup/conghi/oatmeanl, rice, two meats (bacon longanisa, sausage), potato/mushroom, french toast/pancakes, fish, tons of fruit, bread, cereal etc and omelette bar. The items with the slashes are served on alternate days so the buffet changes each day.
Sheets were immaculate (unlike what one reviewer reported)
Pool was not heated and didnt have a hot tub. No one used it. Rarely saw anyone use the swimup bar, but there was always a bartender
This side of the island gets constant breezes from oct-apr so it is much cooler than the white beach side

Crystal clear water

Cons -Im really stretching here, but there were some things I didnt like - I feel like Im nit picking but they could be an issue for some people. These were also things I was worried about because you cant always get the sense of a place before hand.

The hotel is an oasis, but the road leading to the hotel is basically winding alleys surrounded by typical philippino shanty construction - corrugated metal roofs and not very nice. We always took a tricycle to dmall/white beach

During windy season (oct-apr) you may not be able to sit on the beach to relax, you will want to go over to white beach because the blowing sand can sting you

beds were very firm memory foam style, I like this, but others may find it an issue

The hotel is a U configuration with the rooms facing towards the center. Except for the end rooms (super posh with their own rooftop pool) there are no ocean front views - at best they are partial ocean views. The There is a rooftop patio open to everyone that is nice though

the sand isnt pristine white, but is nice. If you are thinking maui, destin fl or mexico, the beach on either side isnt as nice as those and white beach is nicer than bulabog
Lots of seaweed, but not so bad it smells - they clean it every day but it isnt as nice as white beach. The strong wave action due to the wind brings a lot more up to the beach.

Very large patches of seaweed is on the floor of the ocean so it isnt all sandy and nice like white beach

No elevators

At high tide the beach is pretty much gone
--------------------

I would still stay on this side at the 7 stones everytime I came here, but I windsurf and after this trip now kitesurf. I can sail in front of the hotel while my family watches.

Getting to the hotel
getting to the hotel was confusing and I wasnt sure at all how it would work out. It turned out not to be too bad. However I was very annoyed because every leg of the trip had guys wanting to take my luggage a few hundred yards to the next stop to get a tip. Here is how it actually works
Go to domestic terminal of manila airport
Porters will try to take your bags - not worth it at this point
Get in line at seair - they are strict about weight- 10kg for check in, 7 kg for carry on. 100 pesos for each kg over. However the weight limit is for the entire party so if you have 6 people you get a total 60kg check in limit. Carryon is still 7kg per person. There is no overhead so anything remotely big will have to be checked.
Pay a 200 peso fee
go through your typical xray screening
No gate was assigned so you have to wait for the gate to show up on a screen
Walk out to a very small prop plane (seats 19) 2 seats on one side 1 seat on the other
1 hour plane ride to boracay
land at a very hot outdoor terminal - porters will begin the process of trying to take your bags. Not worth it at this point. Seair has a free shuttle to the ferry and there will be a representative there. Carry your bags the 100 yards along a dirt road to the shuttle.
Take the shuttle on a 5 minute ride to the ferry.
Guys will try to take your bags - not worth it
Pay a 125 fee per person (ferry/some other fee)
Walk down to the ferry boats - guys will try to take your luggage, not worth it at this point
Once you get to the ferry landing there will be lots of boats, you can pretty much get on which ever one. We picked a big one, but they take longer to fill up so if you are in a hurry you could take a small one.
At this point you should let a porter load your bag onto the boat as they have extremely rickety walkways that are like 18 inches wide. I really mean rickety. You generally dont want to be carrying a bag while trying to cross. (They do this on purpose probably to get you to pay for someone to carry your bag). We tip $1/bag but that is probably too much
When you land there are tons of vehicle options. We had 6 people so we took the biggest at 350 pesos to 7 stones. Took about 10 minutes

Room Tip: make sure you face the pool
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank achenatx
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I couldn't have asked for more from this hotel. My stay was perfect from check-in to check-out. If you are coming to Boracay for water sports this hotel's location is located right on Bulabog Beach. It is also just a 5 minute walk to D'Mall and a 7 minute walk to White Beach. Unlike many hotels that overcharge you for activities, the activities that were arranged for us by the hotel were competitively priced. Finally, we mentioned how interested we were to learn Filippino cooking so the chef arranged to teach us how to cook using the kitchen in the room. This is just one of many examples to show how 7Stones goes above and beyond to delight hotel guests. The rooms are modernly styled and well appointed. I will definitely stay here if I return to Boracay!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tiffwhite
Reviewed 17 October 2010

My husband and I reserved our room directly with the hotel's sales manager via email. We were offered the deluxe suite for 6 nights at $177 usd and gladly booked this for our honeymoon. When we arrived we were very impressed by the hotel's design, finishes, and contemporary furnishings. Our suite was fabulous - a true home away from home. Once we settled in we noticed that our bed linens were badly stained. (Not just a little spot, large disgusting areas) We asked housekeeping to change the linens and they were confused as to why they were unacceptable. We eventually convinced them for at least new sheets, but they also had a few stains. We also saw a roach in our bathroom. When we scared him he disappeared into a hole in the bath wall.

The hotel grounds and location is great. The restaurant is open air and pool is only a few feet from a kiteboarder's dream beach. We much prefered Bulabog beach because it is not overrun by tourists and still has authentic Boracay charm. We liked the position and view from our suite, but the only exit was right through the middle of the restaurant. We were hasseled by the hotel staff everytime we walked out of our room.

We sat at the pool's swim up bar a few times during our stay. The pool water was cold and salty. Our drinks were served half full. A few times we asked the bartender to add more and he was confused. He would run away and ask permission before giving us a real drink. One time my husband's drink tasted awful. It was salty and the olives in it tasted differently. He drank it anyway, as he didn't want to complain again. Later he was ill with food poisoning for 2 days.

The last issue we had was at checkout. The price was written in Philippine pesos. When we did the math it came out to $210 usd per night - not the price we agreed on. The hotel's staff explained that the exchange rate was 50 to 1. That is not true because we later looked up the exchange rate to be at 43. After showing her documents proving the booked price she agreed to let us pay it, only if we had cash for the amount. Obviously we were not carrying around thousands of us dollars in the Philippines, so we were forced to pay the increased rate. Complete rip off.

To conclude finally, the hotel looks great and is very comfortable, but the hotel staff, food, and pricing is awful.

• Stayed: October 2010
10  Thank psmeier
simplyjesse, Member of Marketing Team at 7Stones Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2011

Dear psmeier,

We would like to convey our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your last stay at 7Stones.

Rest assured that what happened in your case is not typical of 7Stones Boracay Suites' level of service. We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry.

We are looking forward to serve you again in the future, psmeier .

Thank you once again for staying!

God bless and take care!

Jesse