All reviews kite surfing lechon kawali flat water double sinks paddle boarding mangrove forest facing the sea small resort beach resort water activities high tide in house restaurant beach front highly recommend this hotel mango private beach the cottages
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately it rained everyday of our time at Blue Palawan but we found other things to do. The food was excellent. The staff were really nice. The neighboring village was very loud with singing all night but that is literally the down side of every small resort in the Philippines.
The beach is not a “white sand” swimming beach because they are re-growing the precious mangroves. We support this effort and applaud the resorts taking part in eco sustainable practices. We used kayaks to visit the mangroves and it was truly marvelous.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TumbleWeedTW
SharonMitra2016, Owner at Blue Palawan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you very much for your review. It is guests like you who appreciate our effort that make Blue Palawan continue to improve our service. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We have been picked up from the airport. Already in the car we got cold water from the driver, it was good when the temperature was over 30deg C. Once we arrived we received cold drink as well. Everyone is very helpfull, restaurant have very good food. They offer free kayak rental. Rooms are very clean and nice. It was nice stay

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I love the room setup. Really cool. Breakfast is fantastic. Sadly, it was raining when we were there so we never experience all the amenities this hotel has to offer. Great Place and service is excellent as well

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We read a lot of reviews before booking all our hotels for our trip. We based all our bookings on ratings and research before proceeding. Now based on review, Blue Palawan is meant to be amazing, and they have a certificate of excellency, however, do not be fooled. When we arrived it all looked ok, we got taken to our room and it wasn't of excellent standard. The curtains had so many stains on them and bugs constantly flies into your room as the roof isn't properly sealed, a mosquito net around the bed would have been great. There is a fly path above, so you will hear a lot of noise from airplanes.
I woke up the next morning to use the bathroom, and as I closed the door I saw someone else DIRTY underwear hanging in the bathroom. We were on our way out on a city tour (which was great btw and not arranged by the hotel but privately) so I mentioned what had been left in our room and if the cleaning team could remove them and they said sorry and of course someone would remove them.
During the day my boyfriend and I both had really itchy skin all of a sudden but didn't think much of it.
When we came back from our tour we found that the room had been "cleaned" but the persons underwear was still there. I asked to speak to a manager and for someone to remove it. At this stage my boyfriend and I had had enough, I don't expect this lack of service from a place that supposedly has been branded with excellency. We went to bed as it been a long day, and as we were lying in bed both of us started to itch and we got bitten several times around our ankles and arms by tiny bugs that you couldn't see, I think there was bed bugs. We woke up the next morning and decided to leave straight away. We went to check out 1 day early, the manger said sorry but that was about it.
I am extremely disappointed in the service and lack of hygiene this place had.

Room tip: Do not stay here!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 17 January 2018

This is not the Burj Khalifa, it is however a delightful getaway spot ideal for couples. The staff bend over backwards with politeness, the bar/restaurant hs excellent local food as well as more traditional cuisine, the pool, grounds and beach are well kept, the rooms are not expansive with seafront views however they are clean, proper and well tended. In fact my clothes, books, etc were folded, arranged and placed after each cleaning - something I have not experienced since the 4 Seasons in London. Day trips can be arranged at a reasonable cost at the front desk - do not miss the underground river! Free airport transport 24/7 is avialable. What more to say? Great hotel to enter into Palawan, recover from a long haul journey or stepping stone to el Nido.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver_Vit
Sharon M, Owner at Blue Palawan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Mr Oliver,

Thank you very much for taking your time in writing this kind review. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We at Blue Palawan strive to give our guests the best service we can with anticipation and care. We hope to have you back soon.