All reviews small bathroom hotel room the room was nice el nido filipino food palawan trip very nice hotel other hotels underground river airport ivy tricycle transfer rates pros cons tours
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Pros: Helpful staff on checkin and throughout the stay and free shuttle to the airport. Wifi worked ok

Cons: Room felt dingy, very worn and could have been cleaner, some small stains on bed sheets. Hotel is very isolated so not an option to walk out - its best used as a base for a day trip or to sleep for transit. Breakfast finished by 9am and very basic. We felt for the money we could have found nicer accomodation closer to PP city.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Just recently booked to stay for 5 nights Saturday through to Monday. I read a number of reviews on this site, and gave them the benefit of the doubt, in the hope things would have slightly changed, and improvements made from the feedback provided.

Unfortunately, I was wrong!!! Nothing seems to have changed and my partner and I didn't even last the night before checking out and making another reservation at a near by hotel. Most horrible experience of Palawan on my 1st trip there.

Don’t believe pictures online as it’s 100% not true reflection!!!! The place is old and not in a good condition at all.

The rooms are so small and stink like sewerage. This was our main reason for leaving as we couldn't sleep with such a horrible and foul odor.

The bathroom is the size of a 1m by 1m. The shower is about 30cm in size.

The pool was not clean, the decking around is old and cracked you felt like you would fall through it.

Television and air conditioning didn't work properly. The reception wasn't overally friendly at all.

They don’t let you take towels out for day trips... the towels too are stained and have bugs crawling on them. Any stains made to bed linen is at your own expense.

The toilets in room and in hotel were absolutely filthy.

Waste of money... my complaints can keep going. I feel sorry for the team that have to deal with this, and I hope my complaints reach the owner. It's insulting that they actually charge people to stay here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

The reason I give it a poor review is as follows. I booked this hotel over others, partly because it had WiFi. The WiFi was broken. So there’s that. There were also hundreds of ants running around my room and all up the walls. It was quite grim.

The shower pressure was so weak. A dribble of cold water.

I then booked a van going to El Nido, through the hotel. It was supposed to arrive at 7am but it turned up closer to 10am. When I specifically booked it early, because I didn’t want to waste time. Well that’s 3 hours wasted right there.....

They said it was because it was Election Day... well nobody told me that when I booked it...conveniently.

Really Disappointed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank JamesCunningham23
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

My parish office staff and I decided to spend a brief summer vacation, together with our families, in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. We booked Marianne Hotel for two nights and our stay was fantastic. Its rustic ambiance provided the much deserved rest we needed after 11 months of toxic office work. Even the kids loved it especially the swimming pool! If we’ll go back to Palawan for another nature adventure, we’ll definitely book Marianne!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael O
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

When we first arrived I thought to myself my goodness where are we as it is set on a less populated street but the hotel is fantastic great rooms with comfortable beds and all with views down into the pool area. The whole set out of the hotel is fantastic with trees built inside the hotel waking up to the birds singing. To get to the main bars/restaurants it’s a 5 minute trike ride, I wouldn’t recommend walking but you can walk to the local beach which is beautiful. The beach is about a 10/15 walk down the road. The breakfast wasn’t for me either probably the worst thing about the hotel. But overall if I go back I will definitely stop at marianne hotel!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family