All reviews swimming pool drive thru hotel gym robinsons mall ac worked well nice hotel buffet breakfast rooms are great complimentary water the hotel staff wifi connection spacious room an upgrade accommodating staff el nido day tour underground river
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

thank you for making our stay in PPP memorable. The staff are very accommodating and approachable. The hotel is also kid friendly. Everything’s perfect in this hotel.

We highly recommend this hotel if you want a “homey” vibe while in Palawan.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Manila G, General Manager at Citystate Asturias Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Good Day Valued Guest!

Thank you for choosing Citystate Asturias Hotel as your hotel accommodation and for taking the time to write and post your review on TripAdvisor. It was our genuine pleasure serving you and your positive feedback is very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards,

The Management

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel and staff! Nice room, with amazing aircon. If you ever need anything, just ask and they will be right on it ready to help in the best way possible. Also, there was a lady named Fattima who was the receptionist. She was so friendly and helped beyond what was required as a receptionist!
Great time and experience

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Karl D
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Top tier for the Philippines. We loved the staff. Fatima at the front desk was awesome, always smiling and going beyond the call of duty. We stayed 2 weeks and we're always treated like VIP's. Bathrooms and beds weren't quite up to par for USA standards, but we're excellent for this country.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Our son's wedding was held in the banquet hall. The hotel provided excellent service and amenities. The rooms are not impressive unless you get the super deluxe & above. (That's why only 3 star rating). The executive suite was part of the wedding package. It was very, very nice. The hotel buffet for lunch and dinner is very nice. There is a new swimming pool that is very nice and relaxing. The location is convenient to Robinsons Mall and the airport. If you want tours to El Nido (should take 3 days) or Underground River (day tour), vans will pick up and drop off at the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The link wont permit me to write a review on travelbook dot ph’s website. But none the less I’m very much willing to write a little bit about our staycation experince at CityState Asturias and our booking shenanigans.

To start with, I was able to get a deal via travel book dot ph of 1,900+ for 3 adults. (Basically were gonna have a little bit of ladies night out so we need a place to stay) At first I thought, it was a score, but little did I know that there will be unfavorable charges on our end.

The day of check-in, June 2nd, I phoned Asturias telling that our group will be a bit late etc. Before ending the call, I was told that the amount shown will not be applicable since there will be 3 adults staying. Hence, they will charge us for another pax which will cost 1,200. (Wuuut 1,200php!?)

I thought it was just all misunderstanding coz based on my experience, whatever amout shown on the website will be the total cost of the rooms. In addition, I indicated and ticked that there will be 3 adults staying for the night.

So upon checking in that afternoon, I reinterated the incident to the FO, she then called the supervisor, told us that the 1,900 room rate should be forgotten and the last thing they could do is adjust the extra charges into a Palaweño rate of (750?) what a spoiler, I din’t want to ruin the day so I just told them no choice, we’ll take it. They asked for our ID’s, paid the bill blah blah...
total cost: 2,600php something.

What happended was just so obsurdly weird and frustrating on our end. I mean, we booked for a rate that will be adjusted at the end of the day??? I don’t even know if its the website’s fault or the hotel’s. I know that it may sound a little O, but the bottom line is, everything must be clear and transparent as shown on the website. Most esp the FEES AND CHARGES.
Don’t give us falls hope that we were able to made a very good deal, don’t make us feel fooled, or worse, swindled.

PS
We were not able to rest when we arrived in the room because: 1st our key card won’t function, 2nd the key card machine is broken and 3rd they have to fix everything right then and there, in front of us! Rooms, so ordinary, nothing grand. at. all.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Iza h
Manila G, Manager at Citystate Asturias Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hi Ms. Hazel Salas,

Thank you for your recent stay with Citystate Asturias Hotel. Upon check in our front desk staff explained that the 3rd person is not included in the room charge, they have also shown you the voucher which states that the extra person is payable upon check in. We have already spoke with Travelbook regarding this incident and they told us that it is clearly stated in their website about the extra person policy. This is what you can see in the website which you booked your stay. (https://www.travelbook.ph/uo/uop5200/uow5207.do?stayDay=20&stayCount=1&yadNo=946529&roomTypeCd=0101470&STATUS=0&rootCd=&stayMonth=6&roomCount=1&planCd=00431759&stayYear=2018&roomCrack=200000&afCd=&TEMP1=LEVEL_R)

Additional Optional Charges
Standard Capacity (included in Room Charge): 2 Adults
Maximum Capacity (with Extra Person Charge): 4 Adults
Extra Person Charge (payable at hotel): Php 1250 (includes bed and breakfast)

Child Policy:
0 - 7 yrs free if sharing bed
8 yrs and above charged as adult

Regarding the door problem, we apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. In that same week all the keycard door lock was reprogrammed and now in good operating condition.

Please feel free to email us at asturiasfrontoffice@yahoo.com for further clarifications. Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards,