All reviews breakfast buffet nice hotel bigger room swimming pool nice pool tocino welcome drink enjoyed my stay shuttle service front office accommodating staff cable tv mall airport palawan tours driver
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my fiancé for 3 nights on a stop gap before heading to El Nido, North Palawan. We were picked up at the airport in a clean air conditioned van with a friendly driver. We were given welcome drinks upon arrival, lots of smiles from staff. All very lovely. There was some downsides, which actually broke my heart as Hotel Centro was doing so well up until the last night we stayed.
Positives:
- airport transportation
- free breakfast (not heaps of variety but enough!)
- friendly staff *note: i will discuss staff in negatives, you will see why
- big pool with nice lights at night plus a big screen to watch movies or sports on, and a bar
- outdoor dining area with bbq going for dinner
- walk to Robinsons Mall (10 mins)
- on the National Highway, so just stand at the road and look lost. A tricycle will stop and ask where you want to go
- great food on Rizal Avenue (tricycle ride for about 50 pesos)
- excellent acoustic guitarist at outdoor dining area
Negatives:
- room was a bit small
- bathroom was old and needed upgrade
- gave us only 1x key for the room (never had this ever before anywhere I have stayed)
- the pool bar isn't constantly manned by a bartender, the first night i had to go find someone and ask if it was open.
But the saddest bit, which lost points for the hotel was the dinner service
- i sometimes sat for 10-15 minutes and watched staff walk past me and not ask if i was ok? Water? Another drink? All the normal questions you get asked at dinner. I sometimes just wanted to have a beer and watch the guitarist play. They just looked confused when i would say i just wanted a beer for now. They would get my beer, then never speak to me again. 2 nights in a row. I had one very sweet wait staff ask me, the other 6 chatted to each other and walked by me. On the last night, my fiancé was feeling unwell, so she went back upstairs to lie down. After sitting thirsty and hungry, i finally got the attention of a wait staff, i explained that i wanted food for just myself, and what i should get. She looked very confused, i pointed upstairs and said "fiance gone to bed. I just want something small. What is there to eat that is small" again she looked at me confused, then said something on the lines of "i have to go here now" and pointed to a table at the other end. I replied" yep fine. Go." Paid my drinks and asked another wait staff
"when is dinner"
"now sir"
"really? Because no one has served me"
She looked worried, gave me my change and i walked to Robinsons and had food there.
Maybe i am missing something, honestly? But i am used to people asking if there is things i need. Sorry Hotel Centro, not happy.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelCentroPPC, General Manager at Hotel Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Good day Rhidian G!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Centro. We acknowledge all your concerns and we will try to improve our services and amenities in order to provide a better experience for our guests.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Our experience was very good.

Staff are friendly and accommodating.

The breakfast is excellent.

The only thing that prevented me to give them a five star review is the lack of wine selection/s. On our second night they were out of white wine so we have to settle for a red wine. If you buy a wine in the market, they'll charge a corkage fee, which should be waived because they don't have enough supply to cater their guests.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Good day marlaw945!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Very good location. Close to the airport and shopping center.
Helpful and friendly staff. We did request to change our rooms 3 times until we are happy with our rooms. We also asked for diatary requirements and Centro hotel was happy to fulfilled our requests.
We love the bed and quilt/comforter that make our sleep better so we can recover our energy after a tired travel day. As far as I know, some other hotels does not provide the quilt/comforter for you so you have to pay for it.
I would suggest Centro hotel to improve the food selection/menu for breakfast.
Overall, I would choose Centro hotel if I stay in Puerto Princesa.
Worth my money.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelCentroPPC, General Manager at Hotel Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Good day vuphilongtran!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Centro. We are happy that you liked your stay here with us. Also, we acknowledged your suggestions and we will try to improve our services and amenities in order to provide a better experience for our guests. We hope that we see you again on your next Puerto Princesa visit, may it be for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

They had trouble with my booking when we arrived. The staff said that we booked 2 rooms. I showed the confirmation I have from expedia and showed that I only booked for one. If we have 2 rooms reserved for us, I dont know why they choose to give us a disability room. The room is so small with an awkward bathroom. Just very weird. Bed and pillows are hard. Wifi is not working inside the room. The bathroom has an awkward layout since its a disability room, its just a big open bathroom. When you shower, no matter you do it will get wet all over the place. I hate that everything gets wet. I give it 3/5 ratings: 1 score for location, just 5min walk to Robinson's mall, close to airport with free shuttle van. 1 score for breakfast buffet which they change the menu daily. 1 score for the staff as they were able to get us reservation at Ka Lui and they were able to get a hold of the tour company that we booked going to Underground River that almost left us. If I were to come back in PPS, I will not stay here. There's more hotel around the area.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
HotelCentroPPC, General Manager at Hotel Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Good day hazel_travelss!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Centro. We apologize if you have not found your stay to your liking. We have acknowledged all your concerns and we will try to improve our services and amenities in order to provide a better experience for our guests.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

we 3 people stayed in a room with one double bed and one single bed. The room was smaller than I expected but it was no problem to stay one night. Reasonable price which includes breakfast, swimming pool nice front worker and airport shuttle bus service. But somehow we couldn't use hot water at night.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelCentroPPC, General Manager at Hotel Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Good day jeondanbi1!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Centro. We are happy that you liked your stay here with us. Also, we acknowledged your concerns and we will try to improve our services and amenities in order to provide a better experience for our guests. We hope that we see you again on your next Puerto Princesa visit, may it be for business or pleasure.