All reviews low tide free shuttle shuttle service mangrove trees lounge area sliding door ocean view the hotel offers the ground floor underground river family vacation robinsons mall swimming pool the main road nice pool island hopping rice
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Microtel offers great service. All the staff are very courteous and willing to help you in whatever way they can.

This is not a posh resort, so we did not expect much. Breakfast is included in the room reservation and it was good.

Room feels a bit old but has the necessary things, cable TV, aircon, hot shower. The toiletries need to improve though.

The area is big and the beachfront can be walked on during low tide. Its not swimmable though. There is a pool if you really want a dip.

The hotel offers great service for a fraction of the cost. Recommended!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

The beachfront is amazing!!! Water comes up to the steps in the morning (we saw horseshoe crabs nearby) and then in the afternoon miles and miles of sand for exploring, running and making sand castles. My sons were in sand heaven.
The food was good and ample; the Microtel tangigue was sooooo good do not miss it! The staff knows what service means - always friendly, helpful, accommodating. The rooms are so clean and also the common areas. Breakfast was different everyday, though I would add a local pastry or ensaymada (order their pancakes!), but otherwise plentiful.
Special mention is the excellent help with the tours (FIREFLY TOUR, UNDERGROUND RIVER TOUR & HONDA BAY TOUR). We had to cancel the whale swimming tour and although we had pre paid for it with our credit card, they agreed to cancel it and give us back the credit. They didn't even ask why. There are little establishments I know that would do that.
I highly recommend Microtel and I cannot wait to go back and stay with them again.

Room Tip: Pre-arrange the beachfront room on the ground floor farthest from the restaurant. It can get noisy when they have an event.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We were staying in Microtel by Wyndham for 5 days 4 nights. The resort a bit far from airport but luckily the resort provided free transfer to airport. The road to resort quite bumping and rough, not really maintained by local government. The exterior design of the resort is gaily coloured. There are just simple amenities provided in room whereby we found that the toilet and cupboard quite old. The guest service assistant, Rosell is very helpful. She able to assist us book for the activities even though we arrived late in resort. She had great smile and greeting.
The breakfast really need to have big improvement. There are less choices of breakfast variety and the ingredients are not fresh. Some foods are tasteless and some too salty especially the soup.
Special thanks for Rosell, Alma and Hannah. We have big challenge about our flight being rescheduled by Air Asia in last minutes during our last stay. It is really making us in frustration and worried. We brought it to their attention and they tried their best help us to find solution with their kindness. At the end, we able to get back the earliest flight and Rosell and Alma able to arrange early airport transfer and packed breakfast for us.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lavery8800
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I visited Puerto Princesa on the wrong month when the rain just didn’t stop. My tour to the underground river was cancelled but that didn’t spoil the fun after I had a great breakfast ( though limited selection for breakfast) and walked through the beach front of the hotel. It was peaceful, clean and so beautiful. So much for the slow WiFi.. who needs WiFi when the purpose is to be away from it all. The very pleasant and kind desk people were so helpful. The drivers who took us to and from Robinson’s mall were so efficient. I can’t ask for more. I will definitely come back again wyndham microtel Palawan...

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank felinefrannie
GMReneSuarez, General Manager at Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

I am happy to read that despite the unfortunate weather during your stay, you still had a fun stay in Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa. I shall share your review with our drivers and Front Desk staff who I'm sure will be so enthused to hear from another satisfied guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again on your return visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

This is a late review, pardon please.

The front desk people were very nice and polite, and were very accommodating despite our last-minute reservation requests for tours, restaurants, and vehicular requirements. The room was nice and clean, especially the washroom, which also had bug lotion available. Loved the breakfast buffet, as there were options for wannabe dieters. The best of all was that they were able to find the wallet I forgot and held on to it while our driver was nice enough to bring us back to the hotel to retrieve it. Kudos to the staff!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends