All reviews ivy wall modern hotel breakfast buffet an excellent hotel el nido popular restaurant key card free shuttle to the airport the hotel is conveniently located walking distance third floor rooms are spacious outdoor pool sm mall close to the airport bars and restaurants upon check
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Hi I am from Canada and for the very first time I've stayed in Best Western hotel in Puerto Princesa Philippines. The reason I chose this hotel is lately I've seen lot of Best Western commercials on TV and I thought it is a western brand and it would be a good choice, but I was very disappointed. I mean very disappointed. I usually don't write reviews or comments but this hotel made me write some bad reviews so that Best Western can inform this hotel management to fix the issues and the next guest will not have to go through what I went through.
Check-in was good and the staffs were friendly. The first surprise was the room had sort of bad smell. There was no hot water in the shower. It was very very very warm and I had to call the reception couple of times before someone came to look into it. The person said they had individual heating system for each unit and it was set at the max and he can't do anything. I've stayed in many many hotels in the past and most of them were local brands but I was surprised to see there was no hot water in this Best Western which is a western brand. The internet was terrible. It was very very very slow. The very first time I've seen this slow in a hotel. I called the hotel and the person who came to look into it said maybe many people connected to this wifi and it is congested. This hotel was not busy and not too many people was there but the speed was like the dial up speed back in the old days. Even a simple page took long time to load. Every time when there is a power outage I had to call the hotel and they had to reset their routers in their IT room before I can have internet connection. It was a pain and I was counting the days for check-out. The breakfast buffet was terrible too. Not enough choices and one day they even run-out of bread and I am from a western country and didn't have anything else to eat. The next day they run out of croissant. Overall I was very disappointed. I've stayed in other local hotels in other cities before and they were 10 times better in everything and I thought Best Western would be much better than the other local hotels but this was the worst out of all other hotels I stayed here in the Philippines and in my entire life. I hope the management will take this very seriously and fix these issues. I FELT MY MONEY WAS VERY WELL WASTED.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank PiruthvirajP
Navigate675519, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus The Ivywall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear PiruthvirajP,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was less than excellent. We are committed to provide attentive and professional service and want to ensure all our guests have a memorable stay from the moment of arrival, to the time they depart so of course, it is with regret your experience was otherwise.

Rest assured that I have addressed your concerns with the departments concerned for immediate improvements.

Please also feel free to contact me if I could be of assistance for your next stay with us. We look forward to providing you with a more enjoyable experience on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

The hotel itself is very well kept and probably one of the nicest in the area. However, my experience, unfortunately was not at all what was expected. According to all the research and reviews, it should have been an amazing stay at the Best Western. We were allowed an early check in which was nice, and the front desk and staff were very friendly. The problem was that our room, when we came back after island hoping was infested with ants. There were ants crawling all over the room, from floor to ceiling, and falling on the bed. They even got into all the food we bought on a tour, for our friends when we got back home. The hotel, first responded to my call about the situation by sending a housekeeper with a can of bug spray (after 30 minutes of waiting). I laughed and said that is not going to cut it, and do you expect me to stay in a toxin filled gas chamber? They then (after another 30 minutes) switched my room. I asked for some sort of rectifying of this in the morning, and was told sorry "we switched your room already, but if you come back we can give you a free massage). So all in all, the place looks nice, but stay at your own risk (or if you are really into ants). Oh, and they did nothing about the 10 dollars worth of food that was thrown away and wasted do to their lack of cleanliness. DO NOT RECOMMEND

Stayed: September 2018
Navigate675519, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus The Ivywall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Best Western Plus The Ivywall Hotel, Palawan.

Whilst our service is generally rated positively here on TripAdvisor, your experience clearly demonstrates that we can certainly do much better. I have since spoken to our Housekeeping team about the points you have made to see how we might improve the process.

Obviously, not everything was perfect during your recent stay and I am sorry that this clearly marred your overall experience, even with our immediate recovery action, by upgrading you to our Suite room.

We have a culture of constant improvement that we try to apply to every aspect of the guest experience. While we are not perfect, we are always looking for ways to improve things so that our guests have the highest quality experience possible.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back when we will do all possible to ensure that your next stay is perfect.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We been only for 2 nights , but the hotel was more the we expected for the price we paid. Nice stuff and have an amazing sea food restaurant near by.
Breakfast is included and has many options. The food quality is good as well .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 September 2018

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay and left with such positive impressions. It is very gratifying for all concerned with the hotel to receive such positive comments and it gives me great pleasure to hear that your stay was such a great success.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us the next time you are visiting Palawan.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I and my boyfriend have stayed in the Hotel for 1 day. We have visited 4 islands in Philippines and this hotel is my favorite one. Kindly and friendly staff, perfect service and very tasty breakfast. Our room was big and clean, there was a lot of towels. I like gym and pool here. Thanks for Laurence who offered the best service in the restaurant!)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Viktoria A
Management response:Responded 31 August 2018

Dear Ms. Viktoria A,

Thank you for your lovely review sharing positive notes on all elements of your experiences. We are particularly pleased that our friendly and perfect service was one of the highlights of your stay.

Everything you so graciously mentioned in your review is of the highest reward to all of us here at Best Western Plus The Ivywall Hotel, Palawan. When we all strive to create exceptional experiences for our guests, reading reviews such as yours gifts all of us with encouragement to be even better tomorrow, while at the same time a sense of pride that we were able to add fond memories of your time spent here.

Many of our guests often share complimentary feedback regarding the personalized service they received from Laurence, and I am pleased to read that it was the same for you.

Let me assure you that I will pass your kind words of appreciation to all the staff, as I know they will all be happy to hear from you. Until the next time we get to welcome you once again, our warm regards to you and your family.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Spent three days in the hotel including our conferences. Very good service hotel and also very clean since it’s a new place. Location is quiet, a few minutes away from everything. Food althoughis very expensive and just ok in taste.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SunsetLover0330
Management response:Responded 29 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share this - our travelers really like when they get a sense of the place - and you framed it beautifully.

We are really delighted that you enjoyed your conference and accommodation experience and that they were the highlights of your stay.

Thank you for making the time to write the review - and we do look forward to your return soon.

Best wishes,