All reviewsno alcoholmountain villaspeed boatevening buffetsteamed vegetablesreligious beliefsentire lifelagoon tourleave early in the morningfront desk managerkayaks providedsecluded islandamerican foodsmall gymexceptional staffmain islandspotty wifi
Reviewed 1 October 2017

It was the last part of our holiday and the destination was El Nido, Palawan at Matinloc Resort. Not knowing what to expect as my sister did the booking, I hoped that she had chosen the right place for us to stay.

I have to say that she did a pretty good job. Upon arrival at El Nido airport, we were picked up by a van owned by the resort and dropped us off at their sister hotel in town where we took a 20-minute boat ride to the resort itself. Transportation was pre-arranged without problems!

We arrived at the resort and I was immediately blown away by the view and the welcome. Not only were we greeted by the staff with welcome necklaces we even got drinks! Too bad they were non-alcoholic but refreshing none the less! Everyone was friendly and smiling and made us feel at home as soon as we stepped foot at the resort.

We ordered most Filipino food throughout our stay and compliments to the chef! Western food not so good but hey, you are in the Philippines, why order western food?

The room was massive and clean, modern, tidy, beds and pillows were so comfortable, and complete with toiletries and mini bar, everything you could ask for in a room away from home. The shower was huge! Though we did have a problem with the drainage, minor thing, which we reported at the front office.

The view from the restaurant, the beach, the infinity pool, the tours and activities available, the location and the facilities are first class. The staff, no exemption, are brilliant, welcoming and I think the main reason why my family and I felt at home away from home during our entire stay. They are the main reason why we will come back sooner rather than later and why I have written this review for other travelers to read and choose Matinloc as their home away from home when in El Nido, Palawan.

Special mention to our tour guide Ryan, Ian our chef on tour, Jowie at the restaurant, Carmel at the front desk and all the friendly staff whose names escaped me. God bless you all and see you again soon.

Room Tip: excellent restaurant views, amazing room views, friendly staff
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Arbie P
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the resort 3 days 2 nights. Beautiful location and surrounds. Plenty of staff on hand who want to help.

Slow and Soso service in some respects but otherwise great stay.

We took snacks etc but found the food was very good but tip - order off Filipino menus they serve better food then when they try western foods.

Also did private beach hop tour which was awesome

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trev B
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We had such an incredible time at Matinloc Resort. From the moment the staff met us at the airport, to the last trip back to the mainland on the speedboat- everything was so incredible. We booked a private speedboat tour of the area, which was easily one of the best days of my life. The landmarks we visited, the coral reefs we snorkelled, the lagoons we swam in and the caves we explored blew us away. Even better than all that- the staff who took us out. The 4 of them were a credit to Matinloc and we were blown away by their knowledge and professionalism. They made our trip and we were so happy to have had them show is beautiful Palawan! The resort was clean and luxurious, with our room being comfortable, stylish and had one of the biggest showers I have ever had! amazing! We ate at the restaurant each night- never having a bad meal, and relaxed on the beach and the pool for down time. Alex, the manager, was helpful, friendly and a lot of fun! When she realised our Ferry left at 6am (and you cant leave the island before 6am due to coastguard regulations) she went above and beyond, booking us the resort speedboat at no cost, and having us stay at their sister property on the mainland so we could meet out ferry! Brilliant service! It is a bit of a bummer that they do not serve alcohol- but knowing this we brought some of our own and the staff were more than happy for us to do so! I have read some of the negative reviews on here and I honestly cannot understand how they came about- as everything we experienced was amazing (and we travel a lot!). I have no hesitation recommending this resort for its natural beauty- luxury but mostly it's amazing staff! 10/10 ! Cannot wait to return!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank jesseroebuck
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Went here 9 months ago.
In short, beautiful location, pricey but worth it.
Big heads up early: When I was there in Nov 2016 it is BYO alcohol! They don't sell alcohol on the island due to the religious beliefs of the owners but you are welcome to bring your own and drink it openly. Best to stock up in town on the way in.
Service was great, amenities and rooms were fantastic except they were building the gym at the time.
Food sold at the restaurant is quality as well.
Tours are pricey but worth it as the location is excellent and near a lot of beautiful scenery. The beach out the front is small but has good diving and sea animals right ygere

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I chose the private tour when we stayed in the resort.
Our tour guide and captain we're so friendly and kind! All the staffs there were nice and polite:))))
Btw the swimming pool is one of my favorites!!!!! I would like to go back there and visit again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends