Lowest prices for your stay
USD 446
Trip.com
USD 443
Agoda.com
USD 369
Booking.comUSD 446
Hotels.comUSD 446
Orbitz.comUSD 446
All reviews honeymoon suite beautiful hotel romantic dinner a short boat ride every evening filipino food fresh coconut breakfast is served house keeping incredible location tour boats pay pesos relaxing stay private balcony watch the sunset bacuit bay sherwin
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2020

We were lucky enough to make it to El Nino in the Spring before the world changed. This is an absolutely stunning location which exceeded our expectations. Its a boutique hotel with only about 6 rooms so everything is so personalised. The staff are truly amazing and really can't do enough. They make such a special effort each and every day. It was my birthday and they went above and beyond creating exceptional dining experiences on our balcony and on the beach. The El Nino tours around the lagoons and islands are something we will never forget. I would highly recommend this resort if you want a relaxing vacation in a unique and bespoke setting. Hopefully we will get back some day. Thanks to all the amazing team for an unforgettable experience.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 27 March 2020

Long overdue review for Vellago and its wonderful staff! I had prepared to propose to my girlfriend a couple months prior, and contacted the Vellago staff to check if that would be possible. I had booked the beach side romantic dinner for sunset and placed a small deposit months prior to hold the reservation. I was a bit nervous wiring money overseas, but can confirm that they are a legit resort with professional staff! Note we did not stay at the resort, only for the romantic dinner package.

Getting to the resort on Seven Commando Islands is a small trek. About a 15 minute boat ride from shore and expect some choppy waters. The boatman was contracted by Vellago, and was on-time for our pick up and drop off.

After arriving onto Vellago Resort, we were greeted by the staff and offered some refreshments while they were still setting up. They were a tad bit delayed in setting up and forgot about my flower arrangement in lieu of champagne, but their amazing service made up for it!

Throughout my proposal, the staff was kind enough to take photos and videos for us on our GoPro and phone. The set up was amazing!!! Everything was perfect with how the dinner set up was arranged. We were lucky there were probably only 1-2 other people there at the same time, and it truly felt like a private experience. The staff was even kind enough to ask for any playlist or songs I'd like to hear during our dinner.

The 3-course meal was quite yummy and staff was attentive throughout the whole dinner. As the waves started washing onto shore where our dinner was set up, they promptly had a crew of people start building a sand moat to block out the water from washing up. Amazing!

We even returned the next day to Seven Commandos Island (part of our island hopping tour booked through a separate agency), and we were greeted warmly by the staff and given a tour of their honeymoon suites!

Special shoutout to our host, Herwin, who made our experience an unforgettable one with his amazing service! :)

I would definitely recommend their romantic dinner package for any special occasion you may want to have with your loved one.

Many thanks again to all of the Vellago staff who made our marriage proposal a success and fairytale story to tell for years to come!

With warmest regards,
Willis & Amy

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank willistheexplorer
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

We had such an amazing time at Vellago! It’s rare that anything exceeds our expectations, but the friendly staff and unique accommodations made this trip a truly amazing adventure that we won’t forget! We’re grateful for the lighthearted conversations with the staff - Jeff, Raffy, Regine, Reynald, Herwin and Bong - and their willingness to accommodate any and all of our requests no matter how small. I’d highly recommend this resort if you’re looking to truly get away and unwind - you won’t be disappointed!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2020 via mobile

We had an amazing night at Vellago for the romantic dinner. Well worth doing and very special. Special mention to Rafi and Jeff who were amazing. They made our evening perfect with their great service and interesting conversation. Thoroughly recommend!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank raldous1
Reviewed 17 February 2020

Had 4 nights at this location and it's hands down one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. The staff was outstanding -- Jeffrey C and his colleagues made me feel right at home. I think I was most surprised about the blend of hospitality and the accommodations. The hotel rooms are incredible. Can't say enough good things about this place (and I actually chose it by reading reviews here... so I'm just paying it forward!) Tip: There's a direct flight to El Nido from Manila

Room tip: 6 rooms (I think) at this resort. All are awesome.
Date of stay: October 2019