All reviewswater cottageel nido resortschef carlossmall lagoonprivate dinneroverwater bungalowlimestone cliffsour honeymoonall inclusive packageboat ridesong and danceprivate airportsunset cruiseresort staffactivity coordinatorsdive mastermarine life
Reviewed 15 November 2017

What a place!

We stayed in one of their beachfront and have enjoyed the unique views and peacefulness of the resort,you will also find varieties of wildlife and animals like squirrels,monitor lizard,monkeys. The resort was simply mesmerizing amidst the forest with the beauty of the flora around. The breakfast,service,activities,room cleanliness were pristine.

I definitely suggest the resort for a honeymoon destination!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank alex19462017
Reviewed 12 November 2017

After a year of work, finally sem-break arrived and my family was able to join me in my travel here in El Nido. It is the first time of my mother to stay in a luxurious resort and for her, her experience here was extraordinary. She loves her room facing the sunset view, the little coco arts given every night with her name written on a leaf, which she brought home for souvenir.The resort itself is enough to do the activities especially that there is a pool and kayak area, but we do appreciate that the activity coordinators who gave us a suggested itinerary and convinced us to follow the schedule as it is better to be ahead of other guests from the town especially in the famous lagoons. Even if we were tired to do it, we were convinced because we felt that they wanted to make sure we won't miss anything.After the tour, i personally thanked the staff for the very organized activity and pushing through their suggestion was worth it.The only regret that i can think of was that we were not able to try the wind surfing and hobiecat at the beach club Dibuluan because we were with a group of old people or other guests who were not interested in such activities so we had to adjust with their time.Maybe it was also a good thing so we have a reason to go back next time.Despite the regret, it was still worth it because my mother loves the beach and that's what's important. After a long island tour, still,there is a pool and kayak area which my family enjoyed back in the resort, so our three days was so full, we didn't even had time to walk around the other part of the island. Staff we met were always smiling and enlightens our day so it really made us feel at home.

Room Tip: If you want to be near with everything,choose one of the forest rooms near the clubhouse,ground floor.It is really good for families.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sanza05
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My husband and I just returned from our two week honeymoon, 4 days of which were spent at Lagen Island. With the resort nestled in a cove of one of the breathtaking limestone islands of El Nido, Lagen Island is without a doubt the most visually spectacular hotel/resort we have ever stayed in. The only reason for not giving this hotel 5 stars is that the food is just okay for the price and we had minor issues when we arrived with scheduling our activities, though the resort made great efforts to remedy and ultimately we were happy with everything from that perspective. The food is buffet for every meal, though there is a menu you can order a la carte from, and all of it is just ok. We reserved the "Romance Package," which I highly recommend if you are a couple visiting for the value and what you get. It came with a bottle of wine upon arrival, a massage at the spa (which we loved) as well as a private half day excursion tour, and a private dinner at the resort. The issue we had came in that the staff was not clear on why we couldn't reserve our private tour for the day after our arrival and when they told us they would get back to us on when our tour and our private dinner would be, no one actually followed up with us. The next morning we expressed that we weren't pleased with the lack of communication and the resort worked the rest of the trip to ensure they over communicated with us, which was appreciated! They ended up comping us an additional private full day of a private tour, which was great. I highly recommend splurging on the private tour versus the group tour if you can swing it. Our guide was amazing and not having to be with anyone else made it feel really special. I also recommend going out as early as possible. We left at 7 am on our tour and beat all the boats with tourists from the town of El Nido who are not allowed to go out until 9 am. The private dinner was also very sweet. If it had not been raining, they would have set up a private table for us on the jetty or beach, but because of the rain they put us on a balcony above the bar. They made it special by decorating with lights and plants and you have a personal waiter and a 4 course meal from the chef. This was the best food we had all week! Aside from the sheer beauty of Lagen Island, the best thing about staying there is having access to the various activities and private islands that El Nido resorts has to offer. DEFINITELY take advantage of the various private beach clubs that El Nido has, in which they transport you by outrigger boat and you feel like you are on a deserted island, but with a bar, lunch and various water sports options. They are beautiful! Also, snorkel at Miniloc Island Resort...best snorkeling we have ever done! The pool at Lagen is also beautiful, and while the little cove in front of the resort wasn't that exciting, you can kayak or hike from Lagen to the private beach around the big rocks and that is nice. All in all, the beauty and ability to go to so many incredible islands in the vicinity makes Lagen a 5 star resort, but the food knocked it down to 4 for us. IF we could give it a 4.5 we would! Would definitely return and still HIGHLY recommend.

Room Tip: Get the Romance Package for a great trip with a loved one!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kdub1820
Reviewed 9 November 2017

This is the best place to stay around El Nido. El Nido itself is a bit of a dump. In a few years it will be super crowded; everyone wants to see the lagoons and nearby islands. Lagen treats you well, is clean, and quiet. There is a cute bar if you feel like mingling. You are a short boat ride from the lagoons and they have kayaks for you to explore Lagen island. Breakfast was great! Lunch and Dinner wasnt that great but all in all we had a great stay.

Room Tip: we had a water cottage but you dont need it to enjoy Lagen. the water cottage is in about 3 ft of water.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaman_spake
Reviewed 4 November 2017

While it was not my first time in Northern Palawan, it was my first time making the trip to El Nido, especially to a wonderful place like Lagen Island Resort!

Since our kids were out for a youth camp during the same dates, my wife and I decided to splurge a little for this trip, and I must say that it was worth it! Fortunately for us, our trip came before a tropical depression arrived at the general area. Weather was perfect for our outdoor activities, and while a couple of our last plans didn't push through because of the weather towards the end of our stay, it's a good thing that we were still able to fly out before the weather worsened in the area.

Bottomline, we will be back!

What I Liked:
Service is top notch, from the arrival at the Lio Airport all the way to our departure (plus free snacks at the departure area), and those helping out during our tours & outdoor activities, a round of applause for everyone! Special shout-out to Benjie who was our companion for the Tour 2, and assisted us during our departure - very approachable & friendly personality!

In terms of food, while there were a few hiccups (see my portion below), everything tasted great! I loved the different salads that came with the buffet meals, the grilled food (fresh fish!), different spreads for the bread (calamansi spread!), and fruits.

After our first 2 days of tours, we decided that on the 3rd full day, we would spend it just lounging by the pool, and what a thoroughly relaxing experience it was for the both of us!

Great tip by the staff to schedule our tours considering the high volume of expected visitors/patrons on specific days. Not only were the activities made more enjoyable because there were less people, but we felt less rushed too. And the by-the-beach lunches during those tours were amazing too! You not only get to dine by the beach, but the food tasted great as well!

What Could Be Improved:
Room amenities were quite sufficient, but I would suggest that you replace the bath towels since they felt a bit too rough for us, most likely after too many repeated uses & washes they've been through.

Bacon is one of my favorite breakfast items, but there's got to be a way to cook & present them better so that they're not either too fried (good thing they weren't burned) or too oily, as we could see from the serving plate/dish.

Replenishment of food items from your buffet area could also be improved. The one night we availed of your poolside dinner buffet there were a couple of food choices (lechon koala, garlic butter shrimp, roasted vegetables) that took some time to be refilled.

Your indoor leisure facilities (board games, billiard table, table tennis) also need some repair/replacement since they appeared a bit worn out/damaged already.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple