Cadlao Resort(El Nido)
Qi Palawan(El Nido)
USD 175
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Tapik Beach Park Guest House(El Nido)(Great Value!)
USD 9
USD 45
Official Site
USD 528
  • Pool
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeach villamain restaurantcomplimentary activitiespool barel nido resortsstraw hatsreef sharksbanana chipssmall lagoonviewing decklagoon tourthe general managermonitor lizardsthe resort managerhuge bathroomsunrise hikeprivate dinner
Reviewed 23 October 2015

My wife and I stayed at Pangulasian Island for the first half of our honeymoon (6 days). The resort is nothing short of breathtaking. From the views, to the facilities, to the food, my wife and I rate this as the greatest vacation we’ve ever experienced. The villas rival that of any St. Regis / Ritz hotel/resort. As an American from the east coast, the currency conversion works out extremely favorable and the nightly rate equates to that of any decent hotel in New York or Boston. For the world renowned views, activities, and relaxation you will experience, I believe Pangulasian Island to be a steal cost-wise.

More importantly in this review is to underscore the service-level. Let me start by saying that I have stayed at top tier resorts/hotels before; however, I have NEVER experienced a service level at that of Pangulasian Island. We were pampered and waited on constantly, and treated with the utmost care and respect at all times. I would honestly try to think of the most absurd requests for the staff, and they would still surpass my expectations. For example, my wife had a craving for Halo-Halo one evening (Filipino desert). Unfortunately, the desert wasn’t on the menu, and the staff didn’t have the ingredients. Sure enough, that same staff member remembered the request the next night, and delivered an off-menu order of Halo-Halo to our villa. The staff went above and beyond to make sure all of the ingredients were sourced over the next day. And for full-clarity, my wife never asked the staff member to do any of this; they simply took it upon themselves to exceed our expectations.

Fantastic stay. We’ll be back.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sean S
Reviewed 19 October 2015

From the moment we arrived we realised this was an exceptional holiday destination it was raining but Rodrigo, the manager and some of his staff were there to greet us. Our pool villa was absolutely beautiful, with an amazing "comfort room ". The view from our bedroom was second to none and the excursions organised by the resort were exemplary.
However, the one thing that elevates this resort to the highest level is the staff - nothing was too much trouble, they pampered us, they ensured our every need was met and all with a smile. One of the highlights of our day was walking to and from our villa to be greeted by every member of staff we met - waves and greetings from the pool bar and the warm welcome when you entered the beach bar ,restaurant and reception. This resort should be on everyone's "places we must go to" list.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JuneSteve
Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

This place deserves all the good things other people have told already in other reviews.

The staff was incredibly attentive and pampering to us at all times, our 3yr old little girl was so spoiled by the staff that she just wanted to play with them and not with us. We were celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and they prepared a special dinner for us at the beach that we will always remember, of course our daughter was well taken care of by one of the staff members.

The rooms are so comfortable, (perhaps the towels could be better?), the food delicious, the atmosphere in the whole resort was peaceful, the amenities, activities, etc were all great.

All in all, this hotel is definitely not a cheap one, but you definitely get what you pay for, and for that I give them the highest score.

Well done Rodrigo and the whole crew. Hope I can see you all again at some time.

Ricardo

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Ricardo D
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

The 'resort' (it doesn't actually feel like one) ticked all the boxes for us - a blissful retreat in a stunning location.

The team of staff members (apparently numbering more than the resorts guest capacity) along with Rodrigo the Manager (who was frequently publicly present around the resort) were without exception friendly, personable and courteous, happily assisting with all requests without being excessively attentive or obtrusive. Introducing themselves by name and wearing name badges, you can quickly build rapport and familiarity if you choose to. It is evident that behind the scenes they run a very slick operation, but on the surface everything appears effortless. Seemingly genuine smiles all round!

The range of activities that are included exceeded our expectations. At no point did we feel 'herded', on a schedule or part of a guided tour. Participation is flexible, limited to small numbers (in low season when we were there anyway) and all coordinated seamlessly for your own personal convenience and enjoyment.

The scenery both above and below the crystal clear waters is breathtaking. Swim/snorkel and kayak in lagoons or off beaches and caves, experience 360 degree sunrise/sunset from the island look out (bit of a hike!) swim with reef sharks, turtles, giant Jack fish, and a wide range of other fish, corals and sea creatures. The reef is right on the door step - literally a few paces from your room.

Safety and security is taken well care of and good quality equipment (snorkels, kayaks) is provided to keep and use whenever you like for the duration. A reasonable level of physical fitness is required for some activities, which isn't always made clear in advance so best to ask for details if this is something that concerns you.

The attention to detail in the impeccable suite/villa and the resort as a whole impressed us. For example, cold lemon-scented cloths presented on arrival for all meals and activities, room serviced at least twice a day, each day with a new treat (such a cakes, fruits, towels arranged as swans or hearts with fresh flowers) and leaflets left daily related to different local environmental considerations (it's an eco-resort).

The food and drink menus in the main restaurant and pool bar/restaurant were both interesting, varied and comprehensive enough. Portion sizes are large! You'd have to be a picky eater to not enjoy a good culinary experience for a 1-2 week stay. While there was a good selection of wines from around the world, we didn't find a white wine that we both really enjoyed, but are perhaps a bit fussy. Private dining on the beach is a special experience.

We benefited from it being low season - less guests, empty beaches, private dining and activities etc. Being October and monsoon season we expected a lot of cloud and rain. The weather was fantastic all week aside from one storm which we watched (and filmed on GoPro time lapse) moving across the islands from our private pool. Also beautiful to see a rainbow emerge from the sea and descend into the palm trees.

Sad to leave and certainly hope to return... maybe on our 1 year anniversary (hint to husband ;)

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed 8 October 2015

My family and I stayed here over the weekend for 3 days and 2 nights. Prior to going on this trip, I thought that the weekend would be enough for some rest and relaxation. Once there, I wish the weekend would never end! This is my second time going to El Nido with the first being my trip to one of their other resorts over at Apulit Island. I have nothing but awesome reviews about their resorts but I did not expect my next trip in Pangulasian to be this amazing!

The resort was well decorated and the service was excellent. All throughout our trip we were accommodated by their staff in the resort itself and event during our boat transfers. My family and I stayed in two canopy villas and they were very spacious and fully stocked with complementary food and beverages. Both villas had air-conditioned rooms and a washroom complete with hot and cold showers, and a bath tub.

The amenities were very clean and we enjoyed staying at the pool and at the beach. The best part of our stay was the hospitality shared to us by their staff and the quiet, serene atmosphere that could only be found in that Island. I commend them for their hard work, especially Rodrigo, their resort manager. Please continue to show the beauty of what the Philippine islands have to offer and I cannot wait for my next return!

Stayed: October 2015