“WARNING!!! Check your bill carefully.”
Review of Rooftop

Rooftop
Ranked #20 of 143 Restaurants in El Nido
Price range: USD 3 - USD 11
Description: "Rooftop Bar" is an open air bar located in the heart of El Nido. Here is a perfect place to chill, explore & enjoy original cocktails and food in a typical bohemian atmosphere while listenning to some good music. We are specialized in Mojito and other drinks of course, with a wide range of original recipes we can satisfy even the most discerning guests. Come and experience the friendly vibes
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband and I had been out for dinner and felt like a little night cap before heading home, so headed up to the Rooftop bar to check it out. The bar is a very cosy bar with a good atmosphere and the cocktails were very nice and they pour a good strong drink. The wait staff were very nice and welcoming too ,but after having two drinks each we thought we will get the bill and finish up.
When the bill came my husband, checked it and he looked a little puzzled so I asked him is everything OK?
He asked me, that says 1830p does it not, and yes after having a look at the bill myself it did. He got his phone to double check to the price and as soon as he had his phone out the waitress ran over and asked is everything alright?
The bill came to 1030p and were confused as to why the 0 was an 8 making it 1830p??? I had another look at the bill and it definitely was an 8 to which to waitress made light of the situation.
We gave them1050p to cover the bill and after what took place were not interested in leaving any tip. We were sitting and waiting for the change to come when another waitress asked what was up, to which my husband replied just waiting for my change. She rolled her eyes and quickly got our 20p (less than 1 Australian dollar)
That was not the point as we would have left a tip and more than the 20p if they had not tried to trick us out of 800p which is about $20 Australian dollars by being sly with our bill hoping that we would not notice.
After that the staff did not want to know us and we felt the vibe change towards us, where as before they could not help us enough.
On the way down the stairs they have a sign saying "Do you like our place? Write a comment on Tripadvisor and like us on Facebook" and my husband asked one of the barmen that was walking down, so this is where I go to write a review? The barman just looked at him and said sorry. An admission of guilt!
Anyway that brings us to here and to warn anyone going to the Rooftop Bar and Boutique it is a nice place with nice drinks but just check your bill carefully before paying, especially bigger groups all on one bill.
This has left a sour taste in our mouth, so wont be going back.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank CharDownUnder

Reviewed 25 February 2018

A nice bar with nice atmosphere and decor.
Came here to relax after a long trip from Port Barton.

I ordered the drinks when we arrived. When leaving I went to get my shoes I let my partner pay for the 2 drinks.
Bar staff used this opportunity to hide the menu at the counter and quoted a higher price.
It was 100 pesos or so more - only small but not the point.

Partner was confused as it seemed high for 2 drinks, but the two staff members talked over her when paying, so just paid the money and left and told me after. Our own fault for not demanding to check but didn't expect to be cheated when paying.

Pity, as everything else was great

Date of visit: February 2018
Ionion1, Gérant at Rooftop, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hello Roger,
I just take note of your review and i'm sorry about what happened. It's not in our habits to do that so i guess it's just a mistake. All our menu are on the table at the entrance and you should have ask for management cause i don't want that happened in my place. Sorry again

Reviewed 22 February 2018

The chill vibes and atmosphere made our stay! is pretty hard to get a place after 9pm but we found a place and we enjoyed our stay. Staff and french blonde owner were nice and invite us to a round of shots after a misunderstanding in our order, we appreciated the detail. Pina colada are really good! We try to repeat other night but was full...

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This is a cute bar, played good music, good vibe, nice decor. Drinks and pizza were delicious. Only think missing was more food options but we still loved it!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

My sister and I tried a couple of cocktails here and they well all amazing.
The ambiance of the place is excellent as well as the customer service.
Overall a great experience.

Date of visit: January 2018