See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This place is like a paradise for me...I stayed with my boyfriend many years ago.It is quiet,far from civilization,fresh air and abundant delicious seafoods...We stayed in this resort for 7 days.It is true that there are jelly fish in the beach but I still enjoyed the beach.At night,it is solemn,quiet.Me and my boyfriend just sat down in the beach with couple of canned beers in hand,we just enjoyed the scenery of the sky with bright stars,roar of the waves,fresh air with a dog barking in the background...This place is just perfect.It's only me and him and the nature.No other distructions like tv,computer,cellphone or video games.It is so amazing to see in the morning the iguanas or monitor lizards crawled in the seashore.A lot of them..They are everywhere in that resort.Some are crawling in the cocOnut trees,some are just crawling nearby while we are having our breakfast or lunch.At night,we can hear the sounds of flying lizards saying "to-ko" till morning..I can recommend this resort to people who wants to have a
a good quality time for each other especially with people who are busy at work...It's The right place for the people who wants to relax and get back to nature.
But if you like a nightlife and island hopping in the morning,then stay in Puerto Princesa....
This place has so much loving memories that never leave my mind :-)

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank lady_loves_beach
Reviewed 26 February 2011

i stayed here with my girlfriend a few years ago. i just found this page and i couldn't believe the negative reviews below, so we had to leave a message!
we had the best time, the food is excellent and the service very friendly.... we went at a great time of year, we were the only guests, which was great. the beach is connected to the resort, you are really on the beach in a hut on stilts.
if you're looking for a beach holiday with jet skis, cable tv, loads of beer, spas, other unadventurous tourists... this is not the place for you, so please don't bother even considering going here, you will spoil it for the rest of us.
but, if you like getting back to nature, amazing food, peace and quiet, friendly hosts, no-one else on the beach, no tv... this is the place for you.
i can't understand the negative comments below about not feeling safe, you are paranoid. also, why would you go on holiday to Palawan if you are looking for nightlife? (go to a sandals resort)..... and the 2 hour drive to get there was fun and added to the adventure, we saw and met loads of great people and have great memories of the days we spent there. 10/10

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pistache323
Reviewed 16 June 2008

When I booked my stay at this resort, I booked a Standard room. That was a mistake. It was more like a shed. It was a horrible little room. It was dark and there was a gap between the wall and the floor, so you could totally see the outside. I was nervous that a creature from the outside was going to crawl in, so I was not comfortable there. So I asked for an upgrade. The Deluxe room was much nicer, but a lot more expensive. I thought that they may have offered a discounted upgrade because I was one of three guests on the property, but they didn't. At that point, I didn't care. Having just ridden in a van two hours from Puerto Princesa, I didn't feel like going back.

Also when I booked, I asked if the resort took credit cards. I was told that the resort did. Upon checkout, I was informed that they did not take cards at the resort. I would have to go into the office in Puerto Princesa to pay.

The Deluxe room was nice. It was more like a hotel room. The only complaint that I had about the room was that the power went out on the first night, but I guess that would’ve affected the entire place.

The grounds could use better upkeep in some places. There were coconuts and palm leaves all over the walk to the beach. Also, the pool water looked a bit murky. I’m not sure what the upkeep is like during the busier season.

The restaurant had a fairly large menu and everything that I tried tasted good.

I’m not sure if I would recommend it or not. I am on the fence. There were some good things and not so good.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank omahanetraveler
Reviewed 6 March 2008

We are extremely grateful for the cordial reception we received during our stay at your resort. Though the location is admittedly quite remote, the travel was definitely worth it. The resort staff were very helpful and amiable. We enjoyed the food tremendously and being able to relax and have the pool and the other amenities all to ourselves was great. Too bad the weather did not allow us to enjoy the beach. That would have made our stay perfect.
Though our vacation was short, the hospitality you accorded our group will always be remembered.
We look forward to visiting your resort again soon!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Nomad_Manila
Reviewed 6 October 2007

I have been a frequent visitor to Princessa Resort in the last 5 years visiting almost 2x a year one in the summer and the other in the ber months. I must say that in the last 5 visits to this place, I couldnt help but be pleased with the accomodations (room upgraded for me everytime) and the kind hospitality I get with the resort's staff. The food is splendid in this place as I have always been serve excellent food which is most cases unlisted in the menu. I have a fascination for its gourmet cuisine serve uniquely by its chef. In my recent visit, aside from the usual snorkeling and diving, the resort is the only Paradise haven to have WIFI Internet all about is its grounds including its pristine powdery white shoreline. Im very well pleased that in my recent escape to this resort, I was able to run through my emails, make some VOIP calls as well as run my TV application in my laptop to get updated on bloomberg and cnn channels. Overall, my sojourn in Palawan has been memorable and fun having been able to indulge in my usual water activities while remaining connected from the rest of the world.
Princessa is just perfect for the nature adventurists, backpackers, surfer dudes or for yuppies who are looking for a peaceful sojourn from the busy hustle and bustle of city life while remaining connected to the rest of the world. I give this resort 5 stars.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank happy_surfdude