“***Marco Vincent Resort is The BEST. Great staff, great hotel and very affordable.”

Marco Vincent Dive Resort
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Marco Vincent Dive Resort with a group of friends for a couple of days and had an incredible time ! The hotel setting was very nice and clean with an outdoor pool. Our hotel room was also very nice and clean. The food was also very good (we ate breakfast and dinner during our stay). During the few days that we were there we took part in scuba diving, watersports(jet skiing etc), motor-sports(atv's and go karts), canopy trails and ziplining all for a very affordable price. We enjoyed every minute of our stay! The staff do a great job to ensure that their customers are taken care of. Ask for Marianne ! She is extremely helpful and very knowledgable on the various activities that the resort has to offer. All in all, the overall experience was very satisfying and would highly recommend it to everyone.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rjusayan

Reviewed 2 February 2016

My wife and I come the this resort often as we love to scuba dive the philippines, The resort is great. The service and friends we've made keep us coming back time and time again. Rizza, Marianne and the rest of the staff are absolutely the friendliest front desk staff I've ever encountered. Marco Vincent made sure we we're picked up from our hotel in Manila, got us all the way down to the resort with out a single hitch. The rooms are clean and comfortable. In my opinion the food the best on the beach. Nathan is the head of food and beverage and always makes sure I can supplement my meal as i'm a picky eater. He and his Wife also run the Aqua Bar by the beach as well and the service is absolutely incredible! so much so I think American restaurants need to take a few lessons from these folks on how to provide great service. We have eaten at several places on the beach and always end up coming back to MV for B/L/D. The dive facilities are excellent, professional and the best dive masters in the area. I used to work in the diving industry and have never worked with a better diving staff. The two Guys (Marlon/Warren) know the reefs and the sea life so well i've never had a bad dive even when the weather hasn't been cooperating. The dive boats are in great shape and fully stocked with gear, water, food, towels etc.... We highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the Puerto Galera White Beach area.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Matthew V
Reviewed 29 January 2016

i like the the layout the rooms surround the pool, ypu could eat at pool side or in the air condition dining room. Food was good and i jokingly "said i could go for a ham sandwich, the staff must have heard me and we ham sandwiches on the buffet. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. there was a short walk to the beach to catch the boat and i have a big camera with dual strobes and every morning the dive guides would make me let them carry my camera to and from the boat, sometimes they let me win and they would walk with me to see if i would change my mind !!!
I have stayed at three other resorts in PG, Marco Vincent is differently a step up. Fantastic dive boat with plenty of room for a large group, hot meals, sea food chicken pork and vegetables more then i could eat. The dive guides were good at finding critters, three photogs in my group and we took turns with the marine life our guide was very patient and made sure we were happy before moving on. having dived this area with three other dive operators i still found enough critters to make the diving enjoyable

Stayed: May 2015
9  Thank williamsarro
Reviewed 29 January 2016

I have been lucky enough to have traveled all over the world scuba diving and have lead divers on dive trips since 1985. The South Pacific is one of my favorite places to dive and meet new people.
This past year I had the opportunity to take a few divers, with another group, and dive the area called Puerto Galera, and dive with the operation of Marco Vincent Dive Resort. We had stayed at another resort earlier on the trip and Marco Vincent sent their small live aboard boat to pick us up to take over the island called Oreintal Mandoro, which boats some the best diving in the world. They drop us off at the nearby beach and had buses ready to take us direct to the hotel. It was located just a 1000 ft. from the beach.
The hotel was beautiful, spacious surroundings with a beautiful pool in the middle. It looked like you walked into a Middle Eastern Palace! Their rooms were very comfortable, their restaurant offers great food and you were surrounded by other eateries that offered all the local foods! Their staff bent over backwards for you and one evening the local school kids came in and gave us a song and local dance presentation. It was great to see the local kids very into their culture.
The resorts dive operation offered plenty of training for the visiting novice and the expert diving for those who wanted adventure. Their boat was large enough to handle up to 25 or more very comfortable. Their dive guides were very attentive and made sure everyone was doing the right thing and we going to enjoy a fabulous dive!
So, anyone heading to the Philippines, I would highly recommend this resort and dive operation. Marco Vincent is tops as far as I am concerned and I have been to just 69 dive destinations around the world and many I have visited many times in my 3000+ dives that I have done. So, going to the Philippines, stop of at Puerto Galera and contact Mel, the owner, and he will make your dive vacation one that you will remember for a long time. Take the ride to Verde Island or go further to Apo Island, you won’t regret it! Tom Gorman III, owner of Gorman Dive Adventures and Travel.

Room Tip: Take the bottom floor, no elevators. But the boys will help you with all your luggage!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
12  Thank Diver2700
Reviewed 27 January 2016

The Marco Vincent staff were very attentive and continually went above and beyond to make the trip special. Their driver Edmund took us anywhere that we wanted to go at any time of day. Rizza, Marianne and Roland were the definition of hospitality and on several occasions they took time out of their own busy schedules to show us around and take us out to some of their favorite local spots. The scuba diving was incredible and the dive masters Marlon and Warren were very knowledgeable about the marine life in the region. They pointed out SO many things that we never would have noticed on our own.

The meal service team also made the trip memorable. Nathan, Elreen, Jay-R, Christian, Omar and Lito were all so thoughtful. They remembered our food preferences and were friendly and engaging throughout our stay. The whole staff even planned a special going away dinner/party on our last night there, which made it even more difficult to leave this paradise!

I truly have never met a nicer group of people in my life. I first came to Marco Vincent for the diving, but I will 100% come back for the staff.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
13  Thank Kelsey U
hotshark, Manager at Marco Vincent Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Thank you for your valued comment.