All reviews dive resort hot towels sunset cruise ginger tea the entire staff diving destinations highly recommend this place to anyone chef prepares thin crust pizza staff bent over backwards hot lunch staff knew our names friendliest front desk staff white beach large boat beach front the entire week
Reviewed 2 February 2016

My wife and I come the this resort often as we love to scuba dive the philippines, The resort is great. The service and friends we've made keep us coming back time and time again. Rizza, Marianne and the rest of the staff are absolutely the friendliest front desk staff I've ever encountered. Marco Vincent made sure we we're picked up from our hotel in Manila, got us all the way down to the resort with out a single hitch. The rooms are clean and comfortable. In my opinion the food the best on the beach. Nathan is the head of food and beverage and always makes sure I can supplement my meal as i'm a picky eater. He and his Wife also run the Aqua Bar by the beach as well and the service is absolutely incredible! so much so I think American restaurants need to take a few lessons from these folks on how to provide great service. We have eaten at several places on the beach and always end up coming back to MV for B/L/D. The dive facilities are excellent, professional and the best dive masters in the area. I used to work in the diving industry and have never worked with a better diving staff. The two Guys (Marlon/Warren) know the reefs and the sea life so well i've never had a bad dive even when the weather hasn't been cooperating. The dive boats are in great shape and fully stocked with gear, water, food, towels etc.... We highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the Puerto Galera White Beach area.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Matthew V
Reviewed 29 January 2016

i like the the layout the rooms surround the pool, ypu could eat at pool side or in the air condition dining room. Food was good and i jokingly "said i could go for a ham sandwich, the staff must have heard me and we ham sandwiches on the buffet. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. there was a short walk to the beach to catch the boat and i have a big camera with dual strobes and every morning the dive guides would make me let them carry my camera to and from the boat, sometimes they let me win and they would walk with me to see if i would change my mind !!!
I have stayed at three other resorts in PG, Marco Vincent is differently a step up. Fantastic dive boat with plenty of room for a large group, hot meals, sea food chicken pork and vegetables more then i could eat. The dive guides were good at finding critters, three photogs in my group and we took turns with the marine life our guide was very patient and made sure we were happy before moving on. having dived this area with three other dive operators i still found enough critters to make the diving enjoyable

Stayed: May 2015
9  Thank williamsarro
Reviewed 29 January 2016

I have been lucky enough to have traveled all over the world scuba diving and have lead divers on dive trips since 1985. The South Pacific is one of my favorite places to dive and meet new people.
This past year I had the opportunity to take a few divers, with another group, and dive the area called Puerto Galera, and dive with the operation of Marco Vincent Dive Resort. We had stayed at another resort earlier on the trip and Marco Vincent sent their small live aboard boat to pick us up to take over the island called Oreintal Mandoro, which boats some the best diving in the world. They drop us off at the nearby beach and had buses ready to take us direct to the hotel. It was located just a 1000 ft. from the beach.
The hotel was beautiful, spacious surroundings with a beautiful pool in the middle. It looked like you walked into a Middle Eastern Palace! Their rooms were very comfortable, their restaurant offers great food and you were surrounded by other eateries that offered all the local foods! Their staff bent over backwards for you and one evening the local school kids came in and gave us a song and local dance presentation. It was great to see the local kids very into their culture.
The resorts dive operation offered plenty of training for the visiting novice and the expert diving for those who wanted adventure. Their boat was large enough to handle up to 25 or more very comfortable. Their dive guides were very attentive and made sure everyone was doing the right thing and we going to enjoy a fabulous dive!
So, anyone heading to the Philippines, I would highly recommend this resort and dive operation. Marco Vincent is tops as far as I am concerned and I have been to just 69 dive destinations around the world and many I have visited many times in my 3000+ dives that I have done. So, going to the Philippines, stop of at Puerto Galera and contact Mel, the owner, and he will make your dive vacation one that you will remember for a long time. Take the ride to Verde Island or go further to Apo Island, you won’t regret it! Tom Gorman III, owner of Gorman Dive Adventures and Travel.

Room Tip: Take the bottom floor, no elevators. But the boys will help you with all your luggage!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
12  Thank Diver2700
Reviewed 27 January 2016

The Marco Vincent staff were very attentive and continually went above and beyond to make the trip special. Their driver Edmund took us anywhere that we wanted to go at any time of day. Rizza, Marianne and Roland were the definition of hospitality and on several occasions they took time out of their own busy schedules to show us around and take us out to some of their favorite local spots. The scuba diving was incredible and the dive masters Marlon and Warren were very knowledgeable about the marine life in the region. They pointed out SO many things that we never would have noticed on our own.

The meal service team also made the trip memorable. Nathan, Elreen, Jay-R, Christian, Omar and Lito were all so thoughtful. They remembered our food preferences and were friendly and engaging throughout our stay. The whole staff even planned a special going away dinner/party on our last night there, which made it even more difficult to leave this paradise!

I truly have never met a nicer group of people in my life. I first came to Marco Vincent for the diving, but I will 100% come back for the staff.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
13  Thank Kelsey U
hotshark, Manager at Marco Vincent Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Thank you for your valued comment.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

This resort is probably the nicest (and most expensive) place to stay in White Beach but it is not on the beach It is a couple of blocks from the Beach. That said, we were not impressed. The small room was sparsely furnished with a double bed. There was no balcony or view from any of the rooms. The pool and hot tub were in the open atrium in middle of the 4 story building and made things very muggy. The A/C and flat screen TV worked well. The bathroom was nice with a tub and big shower but it was poorly lighted. The biggest problem is the bed felt like you were sleeping on a sheet of plywood so we never got a good night’s sleep. On one of the 4 days we were there they did not make up our room. The staff, like every other Filipino staff, was friendly, happy and helpful. The food, breakfast, lunch on the boat, and dinner were all basic Filipino food served buffet style. Fresh fruits, especially the mangos were lacking.

We were a large group (20 people) there to dive. They picked us up at another Resort in Anilao and we were supposed to do 3 dives enroute to Puerto Galera. But the boat they sent to pick us up was over an hour late and then it took about another hour to load all the people, dive gear and luggage. Instead of diving enroute, we went straight to Puerto Galera, did a dive and had a very late lunch before the second dive and cancelled the 3rd dive. They had only 1 chance to make a first impression and they blew it.

The boat is a large steel hull banka, typical of Filipino boats. Instead of coming to the beach, it came to a ferry dock because of all the luggage. We had to disembark and take a Jeepney to the hotel. It was only about a 5 minute trip but with loading and unloading the Jeepney with the luggage, it was about another 45 minutes to get to the hotel. It wasn’t until 7PM that we finally got our bags. Some days we came into the beach and other days to the dock. From the beach it was a couple of blocks to the hotel. When we left from the dock, we would meet at the dive shop in the building next to the hotel and they would take us by Jeepney to the dock.

The boat is designed to be a liveaboard for 8 divers. (It’s basic and you probably wouldn’t want to be on it for more than a couple of days) The dive deck was the forward part of the boat. There were 2 tank racks holding 9 tanks each. You could not set up gear on every tank, let alone have 9 divers sitting in front of them. With 20 guests and 5 divemasters, there was gear all over the forward deck. Each diver had his own basket for fins, masks, etc, There was room for only 4 baskets under each bench so the other 17 baskets were also strewn all over the forward deck. And these kept being moved around so you never knew where your was going to be, unless you were one of the 8 that had space under the benches. Entry was about a 8-10 ft. giant stride which may freak out inexperienced divers.

We had dived in Puerto Galera before and thought we would dive new sites West of White Beach but we only dove the same sites in the Sabang area. And we saw a lot less than we had seen before. We would leave approximately 8AM and do 3 dives with lunch on the boat. It was about an hour on the boat to the first dive site. From Sabang Beach, these sites are about 10 minutes in a small banka. It would take all day to do 3 dives and we didn’t get back to White Beach until approximately 5PM. There wasn’t the opportunity to do 1 or 2 dives and come back to the beach or hotel. Once you got on the boat, you were there all day. They may offer packages with fewer dives and packages for smaller groups on smaller boats.

Our group included many very experienced divers. Some had more experience diving in Puerto Galera than the divemasters. I was totally unimpressed with our divemaster. Another one was much better but still didn’t compare to others we had at different resorts in Anilao and Puerto Galera. None of us liked the 50 minute dive time they gave us and none of us abided by it. The dive briefings concentrated on what to do if you lost the divemaster or your buddy but did not mention if we were supposed to come back to the big banka or the small, maneuverable speedboat would come and pick us up. (I think on some of the dives the divemasters were supposed to navigate to the boat but couldn’t so we surfaced and the speedboat picked us up.) And having 25 divers and guides in the water at the same dive site, even though we broken up into groups and sent in by groups, this was too many divers, especially for a muck diving sites.

One positive note is the trip to Verde Island. The big boat made a nice ride. The smaller bankas and speedboats used by other resorts are faster but the ride can be rough. We were able to have the usual lunch on the boat and then do a 3rd dive in the area. But again, it was a very long day for 3 dives.

On the last day, they took our gear off the boat and supposedly rinsed it out. The following morning, after breakfast, we went to check on it and it was all squeezed together in the corner rinse room with no ventilation. We moved it outside so it would dry for our trip back. Although they rinsed it, we still had to wash it when we got back home.

The only reason we may consider staying here again is if we were to do the liveaboard to Apo Reef. For the people in our group that had never been to the Puerto Galera area before, this was a very good trip. But we have been there several times before and had other operations to compare it to. We were unimpressed with both the hotel and dive operation, especially value for the cost. If you are coming to dive, I’d recommend staying closer to Sabang which is much more convenient to the dive sites.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 2skidivers
hotshark, Manager at Marco Vincent Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Thank you for writing your review. Out of the 20 members of your group, 18 wrote us outstanding letter of appreciation and two of them even posted the comment in trip advisor were you can read it. From the start you have a problem blending with your group. We believed that everybody has a personal preference but we just want to list all the inaccuracy on your review.
1) The date of your visit is May 2015 and not November 2015 as you claimed.
2) The delay and loading of your bags depends on your group readiness at the
pickup point. We coordinated with your group leader.
3) Safety is our number one priority. The selected dive sites heavily depends on the
the tide condition. it was our call to cancel a dive due to this factor.
4) Your room is 25 sqm and your bathroom is 10sqm.
5) You join a SAFARI dive. We do not dive in one destination, we dive in 3 destination
Puerto Galera, Verde Island and Anilao area
6) During our dives in Puerto Galera, you were give an option to disembark if you
wish not to finish the 3rd dive. You were given a chance to board our speed boat
back to our resort.
7) All your dives are all 60 minutes and some of the group member stayed longer.
8) We coordinated your schedule with your group leader and your group leader
gave us outstanding review.
9) During the last day on your way to pick up your equipment's, you wasted more than one hour and you agitatedly made all the dive shop personnel find your missing gear only to find out that you had it in your room.
We just pointed out some of the inaccuracy on your review and we hope that you can find a suitable dive location in the future.