“Great Place with Excellent People”

Sea Rider Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Puerto Galera
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Rider Diver Center Puerto Galera, "The Back Packer's Choice" has been diving and operating at Sabang Beach, Puerto Galera, Philippines for 10 years. Our dive and course rates are guaranteed to be the most affordable (cheapest!) in the area. PADI, SSI and BSAC dive courses are offered. We dive at least one hour (air permitted) and have the best macro spotter. All guides are very familiar with the dive sites and love to spot macro critters for underwater photographers. We discovered the Macro Haven dive site and is exclusive to Sea Rider divers. We don't mix fun divers and U/W photographers. Dive master/guide to diver ratio is always kept at 1:4 to ensure safe diving.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My friends and I stayed with Sea Rider for four days. We spent three full days diving with them. We chose Sea Rider cause my friends did their OW with them years ago and had pretty awesome experience. I am happy with the whole experience.

We had the amazing Ar Ar as our divemaster. He is very kind and helpful, took care of our need and very patient with me (since I just recovered from cold and need some extra time to equalize). I also dove once with the wonderful Mark. He's absolutely great and spotted all different kinds of macro for me. Great experience. I ended up doing 14 dives with them in just three days. I'm ready to come back again.

All reviews
"mark"
in 78 reviews

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Where to start with ?
Well from the very beguinning, the chat with Bryan directly on sea rider's website.
Very easy contact, very clear price list - no surprise extra taxes or extra fees - what they say is what you pay.
Arriving there with a warm welcome from the staff.
We had booked a room on the 2nd floor of the diving center.
Beautifull, up to date design, with bathroom and aircondition + fan.
Extremely clean "thanks to Tata" with towels and soap/shampoo provided.
- NOTE - remember that in these remote islands, the water is a problem, so don't be surprised if you find salted water from the tap and the shower. Personnaly i use a spray container (from a glass window cleaner) to clear off salt water after the shower.
The diving facility : A great service to dive with.
They were able to provide Nitrox on every dive. I couldn't rate the diving equipment as we use our own, but from what i saw, it was in a great condition.
The dive crew..... These guys are Amazing !
From the boat captains, to the divemaster, to Gao the instructor, to Mark the boss it is all about kindness, good care, security, and a real human communication !
I am an experienced diver (PADI instructor) but believe me, you do want to dive with these guys. They will spot the macro sized animal that you'll most probably miss.
They'll protect you from the currents (wich are very strong in some sites) - I mean they will follow the most sheltered path Underwater so you don't fight against the water flow.
Ok compared to many places in the world the visibility is very poor (average 18m) and can exceptionnaly reach 30m - but bear in mind that Sabang is all about macro AND IT IS REALLY WORTH IT !
Take a good dive light to reveal the 100% live reef. Colors, colors, colors everywhere !
Wrecks, stone concretions, they have it all !
5 days traveling in and out for 6 days diving - will come back asap !
Thanks a lot guys for these great dives and great discussions.

2  Thank Boris_Ines_Jade
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I had an amazing time at sea rider. Really kind and honest dive masters and instructors and since it was quite a while for me since my last dive they really helped me and took the time for me. Really nearby dive sites with beautiful sea life!
Puerto Galera at first glance was not that appealing but these people changed my look at this little town. I really felt at home.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Although I was initially satisfied with their service, after diving consecutively for the past weeks I had just realized these flaws during my dives:
1. On dive trips, you can’t choose who to dive with and in one of my dives we were joined by a Chinese diver who was going all over the place. I ended up guiding the crazy diver which is not my job.
2. I felt alienated because of my poor air consumption. They give special treatment to experienced divers.
3. I felt like they wanted to break records by staying an hour underwater