“favorite dive shop ever”

Sea Rider Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Puerto Galera
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Rider Diver Center Puerto Galera, "The Back Packer's Choice" has been diving and operating at Sabang Beach, Puerto Galera, Philippines for 10 years. Our dive and course rates are guaranteed to be the most affordable (cheapest!) in the area. PADI, SSI and BSAC dive courses are offered. We dive at least one hour (air permitted) and have the best macro spotter. All guides are very familiar with the dive sites and love to spot macro critters for underwater photographers. We discovered the Macro Haven dive site and is exclusive to Sea Rider divers. We don't mix fun divers and U/W photographers. Dive master/guide to diver ratio is always kept at 1:4 to ensure safe diving.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Mark is very experienced, very flexible and very fun to dive with! Each day was pleasantly relaxed with great dives right off shore. The staff was awesome, picked us up from the ferry by speedboat so we didn't have to lug our gear through town. They recommended accommodations near by and were really fun to just hang out with in the dive shop. Lowest rates around and had an underwater camera for us to rent.

All reviews
"sabang beach"
"mark"
in 78 reviews

Reviewed 10 November 2013

A small center, but very comfortable. It can supply PADI/SSI/ BSAC courses and fun dives. All the staff is warm and friendly. All the professionals are very skilled, serious and experienced. The dive rates are the cheapest in PG area. We will definitely come back and pursue diving in this center.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Sea Rider is possibly the best dive shop I've visited in SE Asia. I have worked in diving in Thailand and Cambodia and dived in many places in the region - and this is the best mix of dive site quality, divemaster ability, fun, and price.

From the first email, Mark and Annie were incredibly helpful and communicative. My friend and I came for 3 days of fun diving, and Mark gave us detailed directions on getting from Manila to Sabang. The Sea Rider speedboat picked us up at the pier and took us directly to the shop. Sea Rider found us very reasonable budget accommodation near the shop, and we could pick dive sites based on our experience and interests (we love macro and nudibranchs).

As a divemaster, Mark was able to point out many things that we would never see for ourselves. Mimic octopus, countless nudibranchs, giant trevalies, and more. The diving itself is gorgeous and we could've stayed for another week (or longer). I really can't stress enough how Mark's knowledge, combined with the smiles and help from all the other staff, made this one of the best dive experiences I've had! THANK YOU SEA RIDER! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I took my Open Water course at Sea Rider Dive center and it is with no doubt the best place to learn how to dive. With the patience of Mark the dive instructor you will feel very comfortable. The hospitality of the people in the dive center is excellent they will make you feel like family instantly, affordable prices that is very much worth it. I never knew diving would be such fun especially with Sea Rider Dive Center. :)

2  Thank Nicole M