“Unexpected”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I decided to take my friend for dinner at Tiny Kitchen since I haven't been there yet. We ordered Al a Pamplona pasta (fettucine pasta with bacon and shrimp in oil) and Osso Buco (beef shank stew). I think their foods are a bit pricey as I we ordered our meals but man when it was served on our table the only thing we say was "ohhh this serving is huge". One plate of pasta can be shared by 2-3 people and they have this bread that tastes so good. Then I realize 'nope their food is worth the price'. Im definitely coming back again next time to try other dishes.

2  Thank Melo Jane C

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Was brought here for dinner by Davao friends as this is where the locals go and not the more "touristy" places. They apparently started literally with a tiny kitchen and just two tables that can seat 10 people max. Well the place isn't tiny now! The food is most ly Spanish but don't expect authentic flavors as they've been "Filipinized" I have no complaints though. The melt-in-your-mouth Callos was the best dish of the night. The paella was also good even though they didn't use bomba rice. The Cucumber Cooler was also very good (I had 2 glasses) We tried 4 different cakes but sadly they were all mediocre. I would definitely recommend this place to friends visiting Davao. Dessert should be somewhere else though.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

A place where great friends can have Spanish food in a noisy family style restaurant.

Right after I landed in Davao City airport, my friends brought me to this Spanish restaurant. I was not sure what they were up to on the way from the airport until she started asking me what Iiked, if I ate Spanish food, paella, etc. Then BINGO ! that was where they were going. And she was already pre ordering the food over the phone.

The restaurant looks small from the from but goes into the back. Noisy, Since it was lunch time. Parking space seemed limited.

the atmosphere was good. it was not 100% packed but it was well patronised.

Paella, including rice cooked in squid ink, fish, seafood, beef ribs, salad..6 of us finished 5 heavy laden platters...but shared 2 sinfully good desserts - thick slices of cakes. Drinks were large sized.

The large sized portions are meant for sharing, from my observation.

but you may need to wait for almost an hour for the food to come...worth the wait, but try to make sure you do not have an early afternoon meeting..or else no time for coffee.

for salad lovers, their salads dressings are great.

1  Thank Jamal A
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Visited here few times, and since vegan options are limited to just salads and and bread with olive oil + balsamic vinaigrette dip, I always end up getting just those. Hopefully, one day when there are more vegans in Davao City, there'll be more options. I'm already happy that there is something I can eat in this place. Thanks for accommodating.

3  Thank CroftSheridan
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I love the lengua and callo!. The Fresca Pepino Lemonada drink is really refreshing. Not so enticed with any of the cakes that they are offering.
I feel that they are understaffed because the waiter/s are busy and it'll take time before someone gets to you most especially on weekend nights.

1  Thank Christine Gay B