“Nice hotel for a good price”
Review of Grand Rosela Hotel

Grand Rosela Hotel
Ranked #188 of 205 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This hotel is fine! Basic rooms but the rooms are really clean. Very nice pool and garden to take a rest. The staff is very friendly and speak good English. The is situated in a very nice street with lots of nice bars en restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nienke B
There are newer reviews for Grand Rosela Hotel

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Just thought I'd add my voice to those of previous reviewers who have written in praise of the Grand Rosela's staff, especially those on reception. The hotel is basic, the rates are reasonable, the beds are comfortable, the hot water plentiful, the pool clean and big enough to swim in and the breakfast is varied enough to satisfy asian and western tastes but it is the helpfulness and reassuring presence of the folk who work there that set the hotel apart. The staff are never too busy to offer advice and, for us, went out of their way to research train and bus schedules. They never tried to give us a hard sell on trip or transport options even though their car and driver deal is far better than those available out in the street. Walk-in rates are quoted on a poster in the lobby so everything is upfront, which we love! If only more businesses in Indonesia would do the same!The Grand Rosela is also conveniently next door to the Yogya Via Via outpost and just down the road from the improbably excellent Ministry of Coffee. We have now found our home from home in Yogya and will stay here again.

Room Tip: We chose one level up from standard.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SimonandSofie
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in July 2011, and were welcomed by the hotel's brilliant reception staff, who helped us to arrange activities during our stay in Yogyakarta and helped us with any problems (for example, directing us to a nearby internet cafe when I needed to contact my bank in the UK)

The breakfast was average, but there was a decent choice and always plenty of food available. The hotel also served afternoon tea and cakes everyday, which was a lovely addition! The rooms were dark and the lack of a safe in the room wasn't ideal. However, the hotel's gorgeous pool area made up for the disappointing rooms.

I would say this hotel is ideal for adult backpackers, perfectly located to explore Yogyakarta.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank minicuttingblade
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Rose gives you an easy, quite and safe stay in busy Yogya. I would really recommend the hotel for adult travellers, not very used of travelling.

I have stayed in this hotel three times over 10 years of travelling to Indonesia. The first time I remembered the place as heaven. As backbacker on an extreme budget the really large pool, birds all over the place and the silence made a great impression. The next time I went on a shorter trip, larger budget but still loved the pool and the hotel. This time, I went on a nice, short trip, all prebooked. The place has not changed so much, which I like, but its aslo a little sad. The pool should be really clean, and the showers changed. Besides that: The hotel was the place I remembered. Cute!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank gnn2011
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Having inviting in-front facade, the hotel is easy to spot in Prawirotaman area. The room is nothing special, but their pool is great. My daughters love it! The staffs is quite helpful, and many cafes and batik galleries in the area make this hotel good choice and value for me.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family