All reviews arts cafe writers bar gallery suite butler service lotte shopping mall garden view jogging track kids club concierge team living room special thanks amazing hotel welcome drink business trip direct access swimming pool excellent stay
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The room is bigger than other 5 stay hotel in Jakarta. The location is very near to shopping mall (Lotte Shopping avenue). The bed is so comfortable. Need more variation of meals during the breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with raffles.com
Yves M, General Manager at Raffles Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Raffles Jakarta as your accommodation choice and for taking your time to share an excellent review in TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our spacious and luxury room with it's comfortable bed. Your feedback on the variety of breakfast has been well noted for further improvement. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to serve more better for our guest. Looking forward to welcoming you back at the nearest future.

Warm regards, Yves Mudry - General Manager

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My family stayed at Raffles Jakarta for 5 days last week. Being very frequent travelers, we typically have super high expectations – and I have to say that Raffles Jakarta actually greatly exceeded our expectations.

First of all, the hotel is absolutely beautifully maintained. The grounds are immaculate and the room is incredibly clean. Everything looks brand new. The room itself is huge, we were very comfortable there with our two kids. The bathrooms are great for children – the bath is deep and shower has an option for either the handle or rain. One of my favorite things were the bathrobes – super comfortable. I appreciated that the room was quiet. Yes, we heard a bit of traffic from the road downstairs but we never heard any other guests.

Food was AMAZING. There is buffet for breakfast and dinner. Not only did they have all kinds of Western food that my kids enjoyed (and we always got extra stuff such as pancakes or eggs), there is plenty of Indonesian food to try. And lots of fresh fruits and veggies. For breakfast they always gave us freshly pressed juices to go, and dinners had several special entrees to try for each table. Room service has been great as well. Quality of food was outstanding – everything was fresh and very tasty. Being from the US, we especially enjoyed trying new foods and Raffles staff has been helpful in explaining the foods to us.

My kids very much enjoyed the pool and the playground. My husband was able to get a tennis lesson (all scheduled same day, very accommodating) and I tried Raffles spa for two treatments (both were great!). In general, every single person we met was incredibly accommodating. Even for basic things like late check-out or extra coffee delivered to the room, everyone was willing to help us. My two children absolutely loved the hotel too – we got a birthday cake (with a printed car on it, my son’s favorite!) the first day, some coloring books and puzzles the second day, and teddy bears in Indonesian outfits the last day. We also came back to the room to cookies and extra fruit.

Finally, I want to say special thanks to a couple of people. Our butler – Dani – was truly exceptional. He was so attentive to us. Jay at the pool bar (Navida) was awesome as well… he taught us a bit about the history of Indonesia and always made sure that we had enough food and drinks. Ikram (I hope I am spelling the name right) who helps Jay at the pool deserves a special thank you as well. Everyone was outstanding at the Raffles but those three individuals went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Raffles Jakarta as your accommodation of choice during your recent visit to the city. It is more than a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us and to know that you enjoyed all our facilities. It is such a pleasure to read your review, as it all describe very nicely the experience our team provides to our guests. It is what we called; the Raffles legendary service, and there are no more significant rewards for us than to read a comment likes yours. So thank you very much for this. I have shared your kind words with our Executive Chef and his culinary team, and they were amazed to see that your family find our food amazing.
Thank you for sharing some useful information for our future traveler.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at the soonest.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

What a really excellent service from the staff. I stay with my family during easter long weekend. Thank you for the hospitality! Especially Reza from housekeeping, Uli from concierge for helping me book a table for dinner. Joshua, Nina, Henry and Sandy, they served with heart and really take care us during dinner time. Taufika during breakfast time as well. Last but not least thanks for a fond farewell from Ferdi & Johanna. I will definitely come back :).

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 119Pao

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for spending your Easter weekend with your family in Raffles Jakarta. It is a delight to have you stay with us and to know that you enjoyed our hospitality. Your kind words have been conveyed to Reza, Uli, Joshua, Nina, Henry, Ferdi and Sandy who has made your Easter weekend a memorable one. Looking forward to welcoming you back in Raffles Jakarta.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

my girlfriend and i stayed here over the easter weekend. the exceptional service was seamless throughout our stay, from exiting the taxi when we first arrived to boarding our ride as we left. it was also a belated birthday treat, which they very kindly sent us a complimentary cake (whole cake mind you!).

we loved the breakfast spread; from the local dishes like semur daging, lontong sayur lodeh and braised tempeh to pancakes stuffed with granola and fruit, cheeses, fruit compotes and halal dim sum, we were spoiled for choice.

while the entire service crew was warm and friendly, we would like to especially thank johana, pamela, and agus for making our weekend getaway a memorable one!

fan

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Raffles Jakarta as your Easter weekend getaway destination. It is a pleasure to know that you had a seamless, and exceptional experience during your stay with us. My Executive Chef and his entire team are pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet at Arts Cafe. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to strive better and to go beyond our guests’ expectation. I will share your kind words to Johanna, Pamela, and Agus who made your weekend memorable. Looking forwards to welcoming you back in the near future.

Highly recommended Raffles Hotel Jakarta
The room is amazingly spacious and clean with marvellous service .... number one five star hotel in Jakarta.
The butlers and Dian at Arts Cafe was very professional.
The experiences from walking in, staying there and checking out are wow....
Will be back for sure.
Many nice five star hotels around the world , but Raffles always exceed our high expectations.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share an excellent review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and our Raffles legendary butler service. I will convey your appreciation to our butlers and Dian from Arts Café. I am sure they will be thrilled and motivated to read it. Thank you for recommending us as number one five star hotel in Jakarta to our future traveler. Looking forward to welcoming you back at Raffles Jakarta in the nearest future.