1,946 results
All reviews asia restaurant grand room the club lounge walk in wardrobe rooms are huge pacific place excellent stay room service business trip luxurious hotel excellent hotel free shuttle special thanks standard room enjoyed my stay five star hotel f b
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I had decided to stay at the Ritz-Carlton Jakarta Hotel for it's low pricing, not knowing that one of the reasons was the recent bombing of one of its restaurants. This said, security was tighter than most embassies, and the service was most impressive. In fact, quality-wise, this hotel is one of the best that I have stayed in so far!

First of all, the check in was the best ever. Not only was I taken up to my room immediately, all my requirements at the time (extra water, newspaper, etc), were responded to immediately. The room was wonderful. Decorated with a lot of taste, and yet practical and comfortable. I particularly enjoyed the separated dressing room, from which you have discreete access to the bathroom, as well as the main room. The bed was extremely comfortable and even made me regret that I did not stay at this hotel for longer.

I visited two restaurants, the first was a buffet, which looked amazing, yet was too enormous for one single person. Had I been accompanied with another good eater, I would probably have gone for it. The Italian restaurant was delicious, although for my taste too much nouvelle cuisine; it was the simplest dish that impressed most - spaghetti with chilli, garlic, and oil. Again, the service and the quality of food was fantastic.

Another point I would like to point out is the laundry. I had a few shirts to be washed, and the little starch option worked out fantastic on my shirts!

Yet, this is a hotel where alone I felt easily a bit lonely. The hotel is massive, and so are the restaurants. Perhaps since there were not many people staying at the hotel at the time (probably due to the bombing), it did feel a bit empty. I am not worried though, as this hotel will very quickly fill up again!

I would definately recommend this hotel for weddings and honeymooners, and indeed, there was a catalogue on planning your wedding in the room!

The locaction is currently a little far out. This will change though, as a truly massive shopping and amusement complex is being built right next door. In a few months/years, this hotel will be a jewel!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2009

My wife and I stayed here one night before we took off on our honeymoon.

The service in this hotel is superb.
The Staff was very helpful and courteous.

The beds were really comfortable and the room was impeccably clean. The room was very spacious.

The washrooms were also superb (separate bathtub and shower) with a double sink.

Breakfast was included which was decent.

This really is a luxury hotel with all the amenities. If you're looking for comfort and luxury, and don't mind spending a bit more, this is the perfect hotel. Post-bombing, there are occasional deals on hotel rooms.

If only the hotel offered free internet.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2009

We came down to Jakarta for the Intl Blue Festival, and pretty much maxed it out.

We stayed here at the Ritz-Carlton for a night. Wow, the lobby, and rooms are pretty amazing if (and I've done many '5*' hotels before, although never paid for them myself ;)). The amount of space and volume, the marble, the number of staff at hand.

The room was ... hehe... extraordinary. The staff were charming, the concierge extremely helpful, all in we had a heck of a good trip.

What must be noted is that Jakarta is huge, so huge you can essentially walk nowhere. So you need to have an idea of where you are going, and take a taxi there (the hotel will arrange within the blink of an eye).

What a luxurious oasis this was. The Ritz-Carlton experience was something we shall not forget!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton for business purposes. The room had everything I needed in it - including weight scales that actually worked. The bathroom was great and had a view! There was a walk-in wardrobe and a small lounge. Fruit was provided daily and the bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was included and was good quality with a large range of different types of foods for the international guests.

The very best thing about the Ritz Carlton was the staff - genuinely friendly. I was looking in the shop on the ground floor for gifts for my children and a Ritz Carlton bath pillow. I found a stuffed toy for my daughter when I was approached by one of the staff. She asked whether I would like my daughters name stitched on the back. This was duly done and the teddy was left for me the next day in my room. Attached with the teddy was a note from this kind staff member to my daughter!

There were other instances of unobtrusive friendliness. Essentially, I found this hotel to be very comfortable which I don't usually feel when in business mode.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2009

My boyfriend & I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Jakarta 3 days before it was bombed. We chose the resort simply because I found a great deal on Expedia which included an upgraded room and breakfest.

I actually was a bit uncomfortable at this hotel.. they scanned all of our suitcases before entering (which obviously was not quite an efficient security measure). The rooms were a bit old fashioned but were very spacious with huge windows. The in-room internet was extremely slow & intermittent.

Breakfest was very large and offered many different American & Indonesian options. Just an FYI - my boyfriend actually got food poisoning from the milk, so you may want to skip out on cereal.

As far as the hotel's location, there is a cheap local market/shopping area about a mile away. We found some great deals here.. but if you are looking for high end shopping, you will need to take a taxi. Traffic is a disaster in Jakarta.. so be sure to plan plenty of time when hopping in a a vehicle.

If I return to Jakarta, I'd probably choose the Hyatt over the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple