USD 206
USD 179
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 206/night.

USD 180
USD 184
USD 245
USD 194
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 236/night.

USD 113
USD 91
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
1,904 results
All reviewsasia restaurantgrand roomthe club loungewalk in wardroberooms are hugepacific placeluxury hotelexcellent stayroom serviceexcellent hotelbusiness tripfree shuttlespecial thanksstandard roomenjoyed my stayf bbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Recently decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary and spent at night here. We book one of the large club rooms which gave access to the club lounge. As regular guest at this hotel in the past, the last time we stayed it was about 5 years ago. To be honest nothing really has changed although there are few minor issues that annoyed me.

Check in was quick and with a welcome drink. The room was excellent, with a separate side are with desk etc idea for those planning to catch up on some work. We had afternoon tea in the club lounge which was average at best, the selection of food was not great and not I remembered previously.

In the evening we ate at the Lobo restaurant, from our super attentive waiter (Budi) to the meal it was flawless. My wife had the lobster and I had the sea bass/tenderloin special of the day which was superb.

We continued down stairs to the nightclub to finishing of the evening, only to find that the main night club was shut. Again slightly disappointing as we have had some good times in there previously. The next day we decided to have breakfast at the Asia restaurant has there is more selection available that at the club lounge. Honestly the service was poor here, from being shown our table, being served cold tea, waiting 15 mins for juice and being told they were all out!.

Finally my wife was disappointed that Bulgari toiletries were not available in the club room as they were in the past.

To sum up it was a very enjoyable stay, however still can be improved.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KingKenny73
smurfin15, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience but rest assured that we try our best to provide you with more pleasurable experience on your next stay. We appreciate your trust towards The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

My first time in Jakarta for a business trip I was recommended by a biz friend to this hotel in Mega Kuningan, not far where I was supposed to work (trafiic in Jakarta!) , and got all what I expected from the classy Ritz Carlton brand. In all honesty I was a bit privileged as I was able to use my contacts at Marriott Inc, the owner of RC, and got a suite at the 25th floor (stayed there for a week). The suite has a large sitting room with desk, a walk-in closet, a spacious bathroom and an equally spacious sleeping room. All perfectly in order. The staff is super helpful (was at the Executive club level on the 26th floor) and made my stay without any worries, comforatble pleasant and enjoyable, nothing else to long for, all perfect and relaxing. As I have a problem that I awake as soon as light comes in my room, housekeeping was kind enough to tape the curtains at the wall sides so as no light to allow to come in. One slight point where I could expect a little better: the beds were in my opinion not quite as soft and comfy as I had expected, not bad at all but could be better, softer (I solved it by asking HK to add a duvet on the mattress add a sheet and then make up the bed, so the bed becomes softer, which they did). The bathroom has a bath as well as a comfortable and nice shower. Staff was well up to its tasks. Security was heavy as you can expect in Jakarta, but was never a problem once you are used to go through the sidedoor to get your luggage checked as well as a quick body check.
I had breakfast at the 26th floor as this was part of the executive club facility. One slight point of criticism, I thought the breakfast was too simple, not enough selection of fresh fruit (what you would expect from a hotel in Indonesia and the choice was also rather limited. This may have to do with the fact that full breakfast is downstairs and not at ex-club level.
All in all a perfect stay, made myn trip to Jakarta a lovely one and surely a hotel where I want to come back to!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

It's my 3rd time in Jakarta and my first time here in Ritz Carlton. I usually stay in JW Mariott hotel which is right across Ritz. Even though my company is the one paying for my accommodation, I believe that Ritz Carlton is more expensive that JW Mariott, and so my expectation is more than what I have experienced with JW Mariott.

To start, room here in really really huge and spacious. There is a walking closet for me and a huge bathroom that would really be enjoyed by the guests. So sad that I was only by myself, Ithink the room is still big enough for 3 people. (really big!).

My experience with the internet access is not that good. Nowadays, internet access in most of the hotels are complimentary, but here in Ritz Carlton, you'll need to pay around 600,000 IDR for a one week internet access. That's really a lot! And worst experience is that the internet that i've paid for was not working properly for the first 3 days of my stay.

Food is okay. Service is not that good as the buffet breakfast was scheduled to start by 6am, but the staff are just starting to prepare the buffet by that time. Very disappointing specially during my last day since I have to catch up to the airport by 8am, so I need to have the breakfast as early as possible.

Location is okay since this is near our client's place, but I am just actually thinking why the lobby was set up that way. Walking guests need to passby the driveway just to be at the lobby. Maybe this is not a problem for guests that always comes on a car or cab, but for walking guests like me, this is no good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Rockin bath tub

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your simple yet great comment towards The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan. Just simply tell us on how we can create a more memorable experience for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to property.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Stayed at this property five nights and I am convinced it is the best in town. The property itself is quite nice but it is the service that makes the difference.

The Indonesian people are gracious by nature. Combine this inclination with Ritz Carlton ambiance and you have a real winner.

Jakarta traffic is among the worst in the world. The RC is the kind of place you don't mind sing stranded at.

Don't be put off by the security screening on your way in. This is standard throughout the city since the terrorist attacks in 2009.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank JHFIII
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Sir,

We would like to extend our appreciation towards your positive and great review. We commit to always provide the best Ritz-Carlton experience to our valuable guests. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance from Jakarta. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan, your second home in Jakarta.