All reviews business room train station budget hotel grand indonesia no window sudirman street busway stop street food walking distance free breakfast fried rice convenient location car free day convenience store affordable price reception staff business trip
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel last month for 5 days. I chose Clay Business room, which I believe the biggest room they have. The room layout was a bit unusual; it was so tight but somehow functional. The room had a floor-to-ceiling window looking to Sudirman street, which was very nice to help you forget that you were squeezed in such a small room (I heard that not every room in the hotel has windows). As I requested a room in the highest floor (7th floor),, the view was lovely, I always kept the curtain open day and night.

They served considerably nice breakfast (I stayed there for 5 days and they always changed the menu everyday). Although there were only 2 main menu per day, but they served options like pancake or toast. Not a 5 star brekkie, but definitely worth the price.

My biggest point for this hotel goes to its location. Not only that it needed just 10mins walk to Grand Indonesia and Bundaran Hotel Indonesia (FYI, those are really the heart of Jakarta),, but as a public transport lover,, I adored how I just needed a short stroll to train station (2mins), busway stop (2mins), and shuttle pool to Bandung (Xtrans, 1mins).

In my opinion, this is a perfect hotel for you who need a budget accomodation in a prime location surrounded by public transport options to escape the chaos traffic of Jakarta. I highly recommend this hotel,, and I definitely will be back one day..

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip very near the hotel. Just accross the big street. Very convenience location easy to find shops and street food just walking distance. My room was very clean although a bit small but all just functional and minimalist. Loved my stay and definately my pick for the next business trip.
Breakfast was standard but good enough for not more than 2 nights stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

First time stayed at Clay. It's a budget hotel with a nice room even only 13sq with no window.

Bfast was so so as budget. Expect nothing.

The best is the location close to Thamrin and shopping centre Grand Indonesia.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The room is small, and have a semi transparent toilet glass walls. The hotel itself is very near to grand indonesia, but it is advisable to take uber or taxi to go there.there is a convenience store nearby the hotel too

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

the location is center of jakarta and i stay for 2 night.this hotel is small but make me comfort and for the parking area very limited but you can parking in front of hotel i think.for the staff/receptionist very welcome but when check in you must deposit around 50.000 idr.
the room is clean but a little bit small,the toiletries they just provide tooth brush and soap.
for the breakfast the taste standart.
my suggestion is :
1.because the place is limited for breakfast when there'r guest finished their breakfast please the dirty plate direct to clean up
2.for the man use the black uniform (i think he's chief because different uniform) who make egg,when the guest request the egg PLEASE SAY SOMETHING OR SMILE not just silent and not say anything.
3.the last for the desert when look empty please refill

for the breakfast i think you dont expect too much

• Trip type: Travelled with friends