“Very good value”

Ranked #64 of 460 Hotels in Jakarta
Nice, France
“Very good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

The rooms of Hotel Aryaduta Jakarta (this is not Hotel Aryaduta Semanggi!) are old but very spacious. I stayed here 7 times in 2011 and never any room has been dirty, on the contrary the room service, as any other service in this hotel, is absolutely fabulous. For a little extra you can book a suite on the top floor, with great views, nice retro furniture and rooms so big you can rollerskate in. The breakfast is overwhelming in choice. I will come back here any time I have business to do in Jakarta.

Room Tip: Top floor has amazing suites for a little extra.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank cheftrainer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed there together with my wife's family as we had to attend my father-in-law's funeral in Jakarta recently. We had no choice as we wanted somewhere convenient and close to the funeral parlor, as the traffic in Jakarta is just as bad as Bangkok, perhaps slightly better.

We, as mentioned, no choice and had to settle to stay in their club floor rooms, which cost IDR1,500++ per night, upon check-in, the front desk girl was so disorganized and she doesn't seem to understand what I am talking about when we were doing our registration, I suspect that the level of English is pretty low but just threw it into the wind, maybe is my spoken English had she has problem comprehending.

Anyway, we got our keys, we booked a total of 3 rooms for 7 of us, we stayed on the 16th floor, upon entering the room, the first thing, you will notice is the room is pretty dated but you do have a big 42 TV in the room and it does seem a bit over the top as the room is probably about 30 sqm. Next, in the toilet, it looks so run-down when you view the amenities, which is in a nice packing and looking modern, when I took my shower, the water pressure was so low that it was "dripping" and took so long for me to take a shower, as we needed to rush over to the funeral parlor to pay our respect and also help out with whatever final arrangements. Now that's just the first day, by the way, the towels were pretty worn-out too.

That night, when we got back, pretty late, we just crashed out and only in the morning we noticed, that the hotel was still using blankets between to bedsheets, and Duvets are pretty cheap these days, but the hotel are not using them......

The next day, we went for breakfast at the Club Lounge and again, the level of comprehension by the staff, were really bad, they simply cannot understand us, I asked for orange juice and it was a different juice that came and by heavens it was very sweet and I realize it was not fresh juice. There was no menu on the table to inform you nor did the staff asked us what we would like, remember this is a Club Floor and most Club Floor do have great services, anyway, we just ordered the normal sunny side up egg with beef bacon on toast, it was not until the last day, did we realized that you can order different breakfast meals and when I asked why the staff were not conveying this to us, she replied that the information is in the room with their compendium, I really wonder how many of us are interested in reading compendium these days.

The night prior to our checkout, I asked for the bill to ensure that they are correct as we were heading back to Singapore on the early flight, given that the funeral will be over the day before. When I check the bill, there were some small mistakes and I have to get it corrected, now we were there for the funeral, so we will not be using alot of the facilities in the hotel, but we were charged for mini-bar, which they corrected, oh, one more thing, when we were checking out at the Club Lounge, the staff asked if we had taken anything from the mini-bar, our reply was none but they still continue to talk to their colleague and have them head to our rooms to check that we didn't consume anything, I really hate to say this but truly, the hotel just don't trust their guests.

All I want to say is that I am surprised by the level of training and soft skills these staff members have and throughout our little time there, i don't even see a management person around the lobby or lounge and mind you, I travel a lot but do not do any review until I really see the efforts or lack off before I made a review on the hotel.

So if the management is reading this review, please go back to basic and train your staff and do English classes too as you are catering to an International crowd and not just your locals.

One last thing, please ensure that you do not get a room facing the main road as in the morning we were awoken by the constant paging for taxis by the bell team.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cruiserSG
Melaka, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I've stayed a couple of times at this Hotel. Situated near an area called "Tugu Tani" close to the National Monument ("Monas"), the Hotel has all the amenities of a 4star business hotel in the heart of Jakarta. The surrounding areas are mostly government offices.The deluxe rooms are spacious and clean, though the furnishings are a bit old and have seen better days. The staffs are friendly and helpful. There's an Italian and a Japanese Restaurant in addition to the coffee house. The Pub at basement level has a live band playing in the evening, patronized mostly by foreigners.

If you need to stay at this hotel, do take the deluxe rooms on higher floors. The standard rooms are too small to my liking. And always call up the hotel directly to check on promotions. Usually, you can get better rates by buying hotel vouchers at the airport, though advance booking is almost impossible and the hotel is usually fully booked. Of course, locals and PRs pay a lot lesser than foreigners. The going rate for locals/PRs are around USD70 while foreigners pay about 20% more. Promotional rates may go as low as USD50 and usually weekend rates are lower.

Breakfast is pretty standard local/international fares. Since its a business hotel, buffet breakfast ends at 9.30WIB on weekdays.

Room Tip: Choose deluxe rooms on higher floors facing the pool. Its more spacious, quieter and in better condi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed a couple of times in Aryaduta. But the last time had left me a bit traumatized. The water (both tap water and the shower tub) is very dirty--brownish although not muddy.

This hotel frequently has promotion. If it weren't for the cheap promo (800K for two nights), I wouldn't stay there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank applecart3355
Uitgeest, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Years ago this was our top in Jakarta but now ..no Hyatt management anymore but local .the standard has gone down,Rooms need renovation urgently !! some staff is still top but restaurants are down. Pool still great.Pity guys '!

• Stayed August 2011