All reviews convention center executive floor attending a conference underground tunnel gelora bung karno tennis courts business trip grand deluxe under renovation senayan area swimming pool hotel guests rooms are large mini bar pleasant stay japanese restaurant breakfast buffet
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Although showing its age, this hotel offers a fantastic location. It is undergoing extensive renovations at present, but the rooms are large and comfortable. The restaurants offer both Chinese and Indonesian as well as some Western dishes.

Date of stay: August 2017
Singgasana H, General Manager at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Gian K
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete a review following your recent stay at the Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us -I and all the team are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I stay 2 nights here, from 30th till 1st April 2018. Actually i have often stay here. Especially on weekend. Cause it is close to GBK [running]. I think, room needs to be upgrade [its interior side] but yesterday during stay was very comfortable. GRO named Nurul always help me, and always smile to me and family. For the restaurant, waiter named Wahyu [if i am not mistaken] always smile and help me at breakfast time.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear jemamalini07
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete a guest review following your recent stay with us here at the Sultan Hotel & Residences Jakarta. I was delighted to learn that you and family stay with us often -thank you for your kind comments regarding our team members. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and family on many occasions in the future -perhaps you will let me know when next planning a visit so I can attend to the arrangements personally- I can be contacted on gm@sultanjakarta.com.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I stayed for four nights. The hotel have a good location, very close to Jakarta Convention Center. It is also near malls, business district and city center. Breakfast was varied and nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. The size of the room is large and the beds are comfortable. I think this hotel is a bit old. The furnishings and bathroom must be renovated.

Room tip: quiet rooms, close to the central places
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Huseyin Y
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review our Hotel following your stay with us here at The Sultan Hotel & Residences. I was delighted to learn that you appreciated our superb location , our breakfast and our friendly staff. Regarding your guestroom can I suggest that when next visiting us you choose a Grande Deluxe Room or higher category -these are all located in the Lagoon Tower and are our most modern rooms.
I do hope that you stay with us when next in Jakarta and I and the team look forward to welcoming you back on many occasions in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Old hotel facilities but location is very good.
The Executive Lounge has very good service, especially Ibu Fitri.
Amenities need to improve, generally good location.
Used to be very good hotel. Hopefully, renovations and improvements especially the pool and gym can be done soonest.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Ferdinand T
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete a Hotel review following your recent stay with us here at the Sultan Hotel & Residences. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our Executive Lounge and staff-I will pass on your kind comments to Ibu Fitri.
I am happy to inform you that our swimming pool will re-open ( actually a new pool in a slightly different location) in mid July-but of course meanwhile a swimming pool and gym are available across the garden in the Hotel Residences.
Thank you for staying with us and I and all the team look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Travelled there with some friends. My friends had used a different site to book the hotel but I used the Sultan hotel official website. Thus, I was upgraded to their renovated tower. After going to the room I realized my friends were further away so I decided to change my room to the same tower they were at.

The staff was extremely nice to make the change for me. Yara at the front desk was extremely polite and was genuinely helpful. They gave me a room on the same floor in the same tower where my friends were at. Compared to my friends' rooms, mine was bigger. I assume they did this to compensate for me giving up my upgrade.

To me the value of this hotel came from the staff as this hotel is pretty old. It definetly needs a major renovation. The hotel looks like it is stuck in the 1980s. I must say even the renovated room I was briefly at wasnt impressive. The room I stayed after the change (403), the table lamp had its electrical wires taped up. To me this was a fire risk. I wouldnt give this hotel 4 or 5 stars but maybe 3 to 3.5 stars max. The rooms didnt have any irons but they gave me 2 pieces of laundry per day complimentary.

The bathrooms were outdated, the carpets to the entire ambience of the room surely wasnt what I expected for a four or five stars. One of my friends had to change his room on the 3rd night as there was a water leak from the toilet above. We had a total of 5 rooms booked at the hotel.

Saying that, the staff surely made up for it. They were sincere, professional, courteous and warm. On my 4th day at the hotel Yara at the reception ran into me at the lobby and checked how my stay was. It was impressive she even remembered my name as she was the one who helped me with the room change.

Breakfast had a wide variety but it did get a bit boring as the items were pretty much the same daily. I did however enjoyed the local Indonesian breakfast.

The hotel is located in a central area close to malls, business district and night life. Great staff but surely needs to be renovated if they are to have repeat guests. I probably wouldn't stay here simply because the hotel is too old.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Dharsh C
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete a review following your recent stay with us here at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta. I was disappointed to learn that you and colleagues were not totally satisfied with the quality of your guestroom and for this I apologize.
Thank you for your kind comments however regarding our staff which I will share with all the team. Yes indeed rooms rates are cheapest when booked directly with the Hotel or on the Hotels website www.sultanjakarta.com .
I do hope you choose to stay with us again when I can organize a complimentary upgrade for you -please contact me directly having made your reservation through your usual channel and I will attend to the arrangements personally -I can be contacted on gm@sultanjakarta.com.