“Hope you like orange.”

Ranked #41 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Hope you like orange.”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I have an ipad. No wifi in my room is a major inconveience. Everything was orange--not a restful color. Room was prepaid and on check-in the clerk asked for a cash deposit for incidentals. I offered my credit card but it was refused--he wanted cash. Something strange about that. I did not give him any cash, which may have been part of the reason that the service was bad. 2 good things: comfortable bed, great breakfast buffet.

1 Thank palmret
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We do thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments.

Our Customer's feed back is our most precious source of information in order to try to consistently improving our services and facilities.

Please, kindly find below our comments on the points you mentioned :

- This is true that the WiFi is only available in the public areas. However, we are pleased to inform you, that, we are working on a project to extend the WiFi in all Guest's rooms.
- Please be sure that we do understand that an original design might not satisfy all of our Guests. Nevertheless we still prefer to be different and we are glad that a strong majority of our visitors likes it.
- Kindly accept my apologies for the inconvenient experience you had at our front office.
Corrective actions has been taken and i do sincerely hope that, even though, you will keep a good feeling about your stay with us.

Our commitment is indeed to keep on improving our services and in order to meet our Guest's expectations.

We thank you for having taken the time to share with us your opinion and look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Jean-Pierre Serfaty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed here for two nights in late July 2012 during a short business trip, and was quite pleased with my stay, except.......

I booked the airport pick up service (AUD $20), and received an email telling me to look for a driver at the passenger exit point wearing an orange shirt, and holding a placard with my name on it. The hotel colour theme is orange (which I knew about having read other reviews), so this is what I looked for.

As I emerged from my baggage pick up, I carefully checked all the name placards and looked for an orange shirt with no success. After waiting about 20 minutes, and not having seen anyone wearing an orange shirt, nor with a placard with my name on it, I contacted the hotel to enquire as to the whereabouts of the driver. They told me that he was there, and asked me of my exact location and told me that he would come and find me.

After around one minute, the driver emerged from inside the terminal building in a white shirt (with orange rings on the sleeves), and away we went! I actually saw this fellow roll up in an orange van just before I phoned the hotel, but discounted him when I saw him get out of the van in a white shirt.

This small detail is something that the hotel needs to get right - anyone who has arrived into Jakarta will attest to the chaos that greets you once you leave the terminal building, so if you are told to look for an orange shirt, then this should be what they are wearing.

Arrived at the hotel around one hour later. The hotel van is near new and bottled water was provided for the trip. Seamless check in, then up to the room on the 18th (top) floor.

Everything in the room worked as it was meant to, aircon was cold and no hint of cigarette smoke in the room.The room was impeccably clean, good and sufficient toiletries were provided, the bed was comfortable, and the selection of TV channels was adeqaute. In room internet (free, but only by LAN - free wireless only in the lobby) had a good speed, and I used it for a considerable time without difficulty. Two small bottles of water were provided and replenished daily

Had buffet style breakfast at the hotel cafe each day and at AUD $9 it represented excellent value

As other reviewers have pointed out there are many restaurants in the adjoining shopping mall, so you won't go hungry if the fare in the in house cafe doesn't suit

Overall the stay at the hotel was beyond what I expected, and I probabaly would have given ***** if the pick up didn't have the little glitch that it did

Room price at around $AUD 80 represents excellent vaoue

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking if, like me, you abhor the smell of cigarettes
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We do you thank you very much for staying with us while being in Jakarta, and we are very pleased to read that your experience in our Hotel was beyond your expectation.

We, as well, thank you for the time you took to write your review, as our Guest opinions are our most precious source of information to avoid "little glitch". It gives us a clear vision of what our Customers are expecting.

Please, be sure, that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we stay focus to try to consistently improve our services and facilities.

We are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Once again thank you very much.

General Manager.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Upon arriving early in the morning, there was no room available. Despite of our prior advice that we were willing to pay for an additional night for the early check-in, we ended up waiting for several hours before the room was ready. The only reason given was that someone was cleaning and preparing our room. After waiting for about three hours and repeated enquiries, we realised that the front desk officerl was just doing a lip service. A serious talk with the duty manager, Kris, regarding the hotel's low level of service ended up with the room being ready in less than 15 minutes.

Once we checked-in, the vibration of the air conditioner in our room made an irritable noise. We reported it, left the room for several hours and the problem was fixed. After that, everything worked well, as long as we didn't engage the front desk officers who were never helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments.

Our Guests feedback is our most precious source of informations in order to try to consistently improve our services and facilities.

Please kindly accept my apologies for the inconvenience experience you had, and I do sincerely hope that, even thought, you will keep a good feeling about your stay with us.

Please, be sure that corrective action has been taken and that it will always be our commitment to keep on improving our services to meet Guest's expectations.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta.

Harrisly yours,
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I actually stayed in this hotel during a conference last yr. the room is just nice compare to the prices. It is really value for money. Will recommend it for any business trip. Close to Kelapa Gading mall, getting around is easy, lots of food in the mall. You can choose from Indonesian, chinese or western food.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write your wonderful review.

Our Customers feedback is the most precious source of information in order to try to consistently improving our services and facilities.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and its surrounding area.

We are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Potton
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The overriding impression of this hotel is 'Orange'. It is what you would expect if Easyjet opened a hotel in Indonesia. Staff are all in bright orange Polo shirts and the colour scheme is continued throughout the whole hotel, even down to the soap in the bathroom of the hotel rooms.
Overall I was impressed with the value for money. Everything worked well but without the frills that you pay for (even if you don't use them) at more luxury hotels.
The hotel is joined to a large shopping mall so there is plenty to keep you busy if you like window shopping and also a good choice of restaurants outside the hotel. The coffee shop in the hotel was pressy basic but convenient for a quick bite.
The only negative that I have is the volume and choice of music in the reception area. A bit 'thumpy thumpy' for my taste and definitely too loud to have a normal conversation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you very much for having staying at HARRIS Kelapa Gading while being in Jakarta.

We are glad to read that our concept matches with your taste, and that our services and facilities met your expectations.

Your comments are a precious source of encouragement and be sure that we will pursue our efforts to try to positively surprise you.

As a lifestyle hotel, we try to be different and make our Lobby more alive by having a “Pop and R&B” background music, but this is true that some times it is a little bit loud, so, we have adjusted the sound to a proper and convenient level.

Once again thank you very much. We are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Harrisly yours,