“Great location”
Review of Hilton Nanjing

Hilton Nanjing
Ranked #11 of 1,963 Hotels in Nanjing
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This is a brand new hotel. I have noticed that in China the quality of the material seems to be there but the workmanship is often missing. At another Hotel we stayed in, the rooms were less than 6 months old and good American Standard and Koehler faucets were used in a modern bathroom but the tile were not sealed, glass shower walls leaked, toilets were not installed properly, etc... At the Nanjing Hotel, it was better put together. We enjoyed our stay here. Went out at night to some nearby bars and felt safe and had a good time. This was probably my favorite city that we visited in China.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JeffS_Toronto
HiltonNanjing, Director of Operations at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your positive experience on trip advisor, Nanjing is indeed a beautiful city, full of art, entertainment, and rich in history.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon in the Capital of the Six Dynasties!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Enjoyed my 2 nights stay at the Nanjing Hilton. Good things First.
Very well appointed rooms, which enough people have complimented earlier, and that sense of being surrounded by discrete luxury extends to the common areas as well. The service was amazingly good, and the staff at the executive lounge were outstanding. The ladies there were extremely gracious, and recalled my name and preferences after just one visit. Full marks to Hilton's employee training system; cause it's relatively easy to build a fancy hotel, but it takes more than good money to train the staff that well.
It's worthwhile paying for the Executive upgrade, since that allows you a nice free breakfast, free wireless internet, and also free drinks and finger food during the day up to 8pm
The Fun-Day Sunday Brunch, complete with champagne, wines and cocktails, was very good, and I felt that having the stage performances in the middle of the dining room for all to see, was a stellar idea; since it set the mood for a nice Sunday outing mood, and also served to slow down the typical attack-buffet syndrome we usually get afflicted by, when presented with such a fine spread.
My only grouse, which earned this review a serious BUT, was the fact that the room temperature is preset to 23deg C, and no amount adjusting of the controller could lower that. So with the lights on, the room temperature rises to more that 24.5 deg C, and it then takes a very long time to get back to 23, even with all the lights out; which made it impossible for me to sleep, even with no clothes, no covers on!
The only available option was to open up the window and let the night air in, which cooled the room sufficiently for me to sleep well enough after that, but one doesn't expect to have to resort to doing that at a Hilton.
Conserving electricity and being environmentally friendly is great, but I believe that the customer should be given some latitude, say an operating band of 6-10deg C, when it comes to selecting the room temperature one is most comfortable with.
Now you know the secret of getting your room temperature down, I seriously recommend staying at the Nanjing Hilton, which has the equally good WANDA Plaza just next door for all your shopping needs

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mervin l

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor, and glad to hear you enjoyed our unique Fun Day Sunday Brunch!
This Brunch is a one of a kind in Nanjing and the response from our guests is being very positive.
The team will also be motivated to hear of your positive comments regarding the service in our executive lounge, probably the best lounge in Nanjing.
Concerning the room temperature, we are tirelessly working to improve our facilities and deliver a memorable experience to our guests.
This issue has been addressed immediately by our engineering team and the temperature is now perfect for a good night of sleep.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered that day, and please contact me directly before your next visit in order to meet you personally.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon in Hilton Nanjing

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Brand new hotel, great service, immaculate in every way. The location is also very favourable, with easy access to all parts of Nanjing. The Executive Lounge staff is superb, they remembered every little detail about my preferences and likings and delivered according without me having to mention them again. These little touches make the difference...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Laszlo V

Thank you for your encouraging words, the team and I we are very happy to have you as our valued guest and I look forward to seeing you again in our beautiful Hilton Nanjing.

Regards,
Daniel Alcaraz

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Just returned from 2 nights at the excellent new Hilton Nanjing. The room was very modern and nicely appointed, with flat-screen TV, separate tub and walk-in rain shower. (Very similar to the rooms at the Hilton Beijing airport hotel.) As a HHonors Diamond member, I had access to the Executive Lounge, which served an excellent breakfast, as well as great appetizers and drinks in the evening.

It's great to have a hotel of this quality for business trips to Nanjing.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank glftrvl
HiltonNanjing, Director of Operations at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor, we are happy to have you as a loyal guest and the team and I we will continue to work hard to provide you with a comfortable home away from home.
Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do to ensure your stay is even more enjoyable in the future.

Best regards
Daniel

Reviewed 18 February 2012

My first stay in this hotel, can't say enough good things about it !!!!!

Just top rate service.

Go stay, you'll not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 44WestSide
HiltonNanjing, Director of Operations at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post your encouraging comment on Trip Advisor.
The team and I we will always do our outmost to deliver a memorable experience to all our guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon in our property.
Daniel