Review Highlights
Tours - a very good option

After arrival to Hong Kong (HK for simplicity) we checked in to the hotel and we were very happy to... read more

Reviewed 26 December 2018
Tiberiu_Baranyi
Timisoara, Romania
Lantau and Monastery Tour - Airport Layover Tour

I arrived in Hong Kong early in the morning with a long layover. I wanted to begin adjusting... read more

Reviewed 29 November 2018

from USD 20.89
from USD 14.62
from USD 138.74
More Info
All reviews monastery tour day tour jewellery factory aberdeen fishing village jumbo floating restaurant lantau island vegetarian lunch novotel hotel tour takes dropped off victoria peak big buddha nice tour hour layover stanley market small group ngong ping cable car
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Extreme Helpful and Professional SPLENDID TOURS
First of all let me say a BIG THANK YOU to Edith Chan responsible for Sales & Marketing . She went out of the way to accommodate me on a tour without even the advance payment .
I took 2 tours with them and in both the guides were extremely knowledgeable and polite . Besides this both the girls went out the way to make the tourist feel at home . They also helped those who were senior in age by catching their hands and helping them to get on and off the bus .
The buses for the tours were very nice . It would have been nice if small bottles of water are given in buses so it would save tourist the trouble of carrying extra load .
They were slightly late in pickup at Novotel Nathan Road but they informed . The lady at the tour desk even went down with me till where the bus was parked so that i have no problem in finding the place . I would highly recommend this tour operator for taking tours in KOWLOON .
One problem was with lunch Big Buddha tour , which was mandatory , we were about 10 people or so but the quantities served were very less , where as on other tables there was food enough and people were being given boxes to carry left overs with them . I think the people looking after the management of tours operations in Splendid company should please look into this . Food served should have sufficient quantities for total number of people . And if the quantity served is per table then guide should keep not more than 6 people per table .

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank rachnasingh2014
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

They picked us up from our hotel, first stop was a viewing platform halfway to Lantau island.
Then we changed busses for a smaller one as the roads are quite small on the island.
For both busses we had fantastic tour guides who explained everything really well.
Quite satisfied with the whole day , they offer a vegetarian lunch in the monastery near the big Buddha.
We got this trip arranged through our hotel and I can tell you this company is cheaper then I saw the options offered here in trip advisor.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

This was a good way to get a feel for Hong Kong at the start of our visit. We were picked up at our hotel by air conditioned mini bus and driven to HK island. The tour included stops at the Peak, Stanley and Aberdeen for a tour of the harbour by junk. Thee was a stop at a jewellery factory which we could have done without but hey... The local guide was very knowledgeable and interesting.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank Bulla55
Reviewed 13 January 2017

We took the Lantau and monastery tour . The guide ,Ben was excellent , very knowledgeable about the Island . I felt that we had been shown tai o village and the monastery very well. The stop in the bridge was not so good, I suppose partly because the weather was very cloudy. The cable car was not working. The best part of the tour was the guide and his description and knowledge

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Our guide, Shirley showed a true guide's knowledge of her city. The only negative part was the visit to the jewlery factory. They chased you like a vulture hoping you would buy something. My question is, what is it in for the company Splendid when taking tourists there? I would have rather seen more of Hongkong instead. By the way, no one bought anything.

Date of experience: December 2016