Walden Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wifi Hotel(Hong Kong)
View Hotel
Mira Moon Hotel(Hong Kong)
Move Inn(Hong Kong)
Gloucester Hotel(Hong Kong)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We loved this hotel, location was fabulous, rooms are spotless, but small, as most Hong Kong Rooms, the hotel is a tall thin building with only 3 rooms per floor, we were high up, say 23rd floor, no noise at all, yet right in the middle of where you wanted to be as a tourist.
Definitely the best budget hotel in Hong Kong

Room Tip: Higher the better in this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I've been travelling a lot of times in Hong Kong since I was young until recently, so I'm very familiar with Hong Kong and some of the hotels there. Walden Hotel is disappointing. The room was small (2 single bed + 1 extra bed since I was travelling with my sister and mom) and the price was expensive considering it was a low season. The bathroom was clean and they have bathtub although it looked a bit worn out. The carpet needs to refurbished since it was stained and look really old and worn out. The TV channels were also disappointing, there was no volume and there were only a couple of channels. The extra bed was ok but a bit lumpy and short (I was the one who slept on the extra bed & I'm 5'4). Pillows were also disappointing since it was too soft and lumpy. It was difficult to open the suitcase that we had since the room was too small but the view was ok. We also asked for a non-smoking room but the room that was given to us still smelt of cigarettes. The concierge was ok, they do speak some English but when I asked them about where to get some of the best wonton noodles on the area and how to get there, they can't answer since apparently they don't know about it and one of the staff even opened a map in front of me but still wasn't able to answer my question. Finally one of the staff said that all of the shops that sells wonton noodles in the area are excellent. Which is a bit confusing to me since I was referring to Mak's noodles. But the ok thing about Walden Hotel is that they allowed us to leave our baggage there (we had an early flight to Hong Kong and a late flight back to Manila) and helped us get a taxi/cab. The hotel was situtated in a good location just cross the street and there's the tram and a couple of minutes walk to Causeway Bay area. Overall, the whole hotel could really use a lot of renovation and updating of decor and facilities so that the guests feel that they really got what they paid for, especially their fire exit, which when I peered into it, it was really scary, the steps were high and it looked like the old and haunted Hong Kong stairway.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Annie S
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Small hotel in Wanchai on Hennessy Road so easy access to Central etc at any time of day or night.

Rooms were small and basic with bedding of poor quality and the decorative state of the room was very tired. It was only painted so could have been patched up cheaply. No pictures or anything else to try and make it look better. The lift was extremely slow.

Free water and orange juice and a packet of Ritz biscuits were appreciated.

It was New Year's Eve and most hotels were full but they had obviously tripled their prices for the night. They were unhelpful about an earl check in but gave a 1 hour late one.

There was free wired internet.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Simon63
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The room was stupidly small. We asked for a room for 3 adults, it had two single beds and a stretcher. The stretcher was horrible, and the beds were very stiff. When we complained about the stretcher hotel staff decided they couldn't speak English anymore, 1 of us ended up sleeping on the floor. Good location and tidy place, the only positives I can think of

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed in this hotel for my business visit. I must say it was my worst experience with hotel till now, I travel every 3 months and 3 times a year to hong kong. My stay was scheduled for 5 days but I cut down it to 2 days and made arrangements in other hotel same day. Firstly they dont have porter or bell desk to help with luggage. They have tiny elevator for which you have to wait 5 mins. Very rude staff, they would not entertain any enquiry. Funniest part was that they have only 3 irons and board in dozens of rooms. I just dont believe this!! And when I requested one I had to wait for 2 days (by the time I checked out)!! They refused to buy a new iron even when their hotel was in the busiest month of the year. Wow!! Rooms were untidy, carpets smelled bad and stained.. I would never ever go back to Walden after this horrible experience.

• Stayed: September 2011