“Outback WanChai”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have visited the Wan Chai Outback probably two dozen times in the last 2 years. I feel obligated to say the food there has always been good. The service is helpful, the atmosphere bright and charming and most of all the manager is there working his head off nearly every time I go. Never have I seen a restaurant manager work so hard!! He helps with your meal selection, your wine selection. I travel for a living and eat out nearly half of my meals per year and never have I seen a phenomenon like this guy.

Recently I had an important business meeting there. The atmosphere is perfect for quiet conversation and afterwards my Australian dinner friend called to tell me that his meal was "one of the best" he ever had in his life.

The place is a gem. I love the bar, you can actually sit there like in most American cities and get served. Most of the time it is hopping for lunch and dinner so the place has an energetic "pulse". The prices are a little high but isn't everything in Hong Kong?

I will continue to eat here as long as I am able.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

If you look for a good steak in Hong Kong this is not the place. The food is very average the steak not so impressive so on Kowloon side the good one are not so far away but of course more expensive but the difernce of quality worth the difference in price.

1  Thank Trotteglober
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The outback in causeway bay lacks passion for the food. The waiters are just going through the motions. The thing lacking is they never come to checkup on service of food. My friend and i ordered two different style of steaks a brownie and hot cookie. The steaks were lacking the instructions of being cooked meddium. More raw style. The brownie was good, but the cookie which took forever just seemed to be a pillsbarry cookie dough microwaved. If you want dessert share the brownie and buy the salmon set instead.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We have tried in TST east and Oterprise Square, the results are the same, ie. dessert is better than main dish. This is quite disappointing. Together with its dining environment and pricing at lunchtime, the overall rating is average. If not, ... . I do not think you will have any loss if you do not try in Outback.

For more photos, please click

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This is by far my favourite Outback Steakhouse restaurant in Hong Kong. The quality of the prime NY strip is excellent -flavoursome and tender. My visit this year was spoiled only by the service. I've come to experience a good standard of service from all Outbacks (US and HK) - attentive, timely and caring that your steak is cooked right. We had none of that this time. Had to ask for a server to take our order, had to ask for a refill, had to ask for the bill repeated times. It appeared that the manager was on duty and doing most of the work as other servers were too busy talking with each other than taking care of their customers. The food however, continues to be very good - hot bread, large and crispy salad, juicy, tender steaks and great sides. The value of Outback far outstrips other American-style steak restaurants in HK such as Dan Ryan's.