“Great Indian food”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed 21 January 2018

My husband and I were craving some Indian food on our Hong Kong adventure and were very pleased to find Gaylord. We booked in advance and I would recommend doing so as it seemed very popular and busy when we were there.

Reasonably priced and good service.

Embarrassingly for me, I knocked a plate of drinks over that one of the waiters was holding while I was putting on my jacket to leave at the end of the meal! They were so lovely about it. Sorry about that guys!

Definitely try this out if you are in HK and craving some delicious Indian eats.

1  Thank TheAusTraveller
Bharat D, General Manager at Gaylord Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Gaylord Indian Restaurant. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our food and service and had good dining experience with us.

Again, thank you for your comment. We hope to see you at our restaurant again in the future.

General Manager – Operations

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is small, modestly decorated, family owned and friendly. I am not an Indian food extraordinaire, but I found the food delicious and the singer an added bonus! The menu is quite extensive, so we tried several different dishes: some hot and some mild; some with meat and some vegetarian. My favorites were the mildly spiced meat and mildly spiced vegetarian dishes. I also enjoyed the onion bread. We were way too full to try desserts, but there are many options. I recommend giving this restaurant a try.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

The Oakham Curry Club is a well-respected Institution of curry enthusiasts, with multiple international franchises.

The OCC takes pride in searching out the finest Indian Restaurants, and providing an impartial review of Curry Houses all over the world.

Overall we had a pleasurable dining experience at Gaylord restaurant. We chose their 45th anniversary set menu for the evening and were not disappointed in our choice! Particular favourite dishes were the truffle Samosas, the paneer, and the tandoori salmon.

We did feel that the size of the set menu was a little on the small side, and as such we ordered an additional lamb vindaloo, which was pleasantly punchy!

The hospitality was excellent - all diners were made to feel welcome and were efficiently served in one of their private rooms, with a friendly smile.

Gaylord is a Hong Kong institution, and is always very busy with both locals, expats and tourists alike. You will always be sure of a lively atmosphere.

The price point was also a little above other Indian restaurants in Hong Kong – and perhaps our bill was enhanced by the copious amount of tequila which we consumed. But hey…when you’re having fun, keep the good times rolling!

The quality of the food was high...and the restaurant comes officially OCC recommended. A most enjoyable evening- thank you.

Gaylord,
Ashley Road,
Hong Kong

Members vote anonymously on 5 categories - and an average score is given to each restaurant we review.
Quality 6.57/10
Value 5.38/10
Service 6.71/10
Customer Care 7.0/10
Atmosphere 7.0/10

Final score 6.51 out of 10

Bharat D, General Manager at Gaylord Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Gaylord Indian Restaurant. We are glad to hear that your fellows, curry enthusiasts of Indian curry loved our food and had a pleasurable dining experience with us. We always strive to provide the best dining experience to all our customers.

We will change the anniversary menu soon, we would like to invite you and your fellows to Gaylord again to give us comments on new menu. Feel free to contact us at info@mayfare.com.hk.

General Manager - Operations

Reviewed 9 January 2018

My son and I recently visited the Gaylord by chance and it was wonderful. Great atmosphere with live music, very busy but could cope very well with efficient and friendly service. Good menu with a wide variety of choice. Very Good vegetarian choice. The food was fantastic and quick service. I would fully recommend the Gaylord.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Gaylord Indian Restaurant. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our food and had good dining experience with us.

General Manager – Operations

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Not a pretentious restaurant. It Is located in a rather dark and unglamorous building , but the food is excellent, no doubt about it. The staff is fairly kind. When in Tsim Tsa Tsui area I always dine in this place.